What Does This Mean.

zenbangkok

:o Had SMS saying:  ฟันดีนะคนดี    I can not read Thai yet but thought i would give a go at typing it to see if I did it right.. help appreciated. :D

I think it maybe meant to mean boyfriend good, person good but the spelling is terrible....... :D

It is a little problematic to translate this well into English, but let's start with the basic transliteration and meaning:

fun dee na khon dee

dream good /particle/ person good

good[sweet] dreams, [you] good person...

The "na" particle makes the statement a wish.

There is nothing wrong with the spelling. It is a perfectly logical sentence in Thai, and I sense a slight playfulness in the tone of the statement... :o

Edited by meadish_sweetball

It is a little problematic to translate this well into English, but let's start with the basic transliteration and meaning:

fun dee na khon dee

There is nothing wrong with the spelling. It is a perfectly logical sentence in Thai, and I sense a slight playfulness in the tone of the statement... :o

Thanks, I thought that is what it must mean.. I worked out it must mean good dreams.. and thought it was Khun Dee aswell but didn't know if it worked as a sentence like that. Thanks

fun dee na khon dee

There is nothing wrong with the spelling. It is a perfectly logical sentence in Thai,

and I sense a slight playfulness in the tone of the statement... :D

ฟันดีนะคนดี
There is nothing wrong with the spelling.

Nothing wrong! :D

You gotta be kidding Sweetball! :D

1.ฟัน "fahn"(verb)=to slash with a sword

2.ฟัน "fahn"(noun)=a tooth,teeth

Translation... :D

ฟันดีนะคนดี "fahn dee na,kon dee"=Slash them to little pieces with your sword,my good warrior! :D

I think the spelling should be ฝันดีนะ คนดี "fahn dee na kon dee"=Dream-time Sweetie! :D

ฝัน "fahn"=dream.

Cheers,

Snowleopard

Edited by snowleopard

:o Had SMS saying:  ฟันดีนะคนดี    I can not read Thai yet but thought i would give a go at typing it to see if I did it right.. help appreciated. :D

this could be a case of เกาไม่ถูกที่ because ฟัน can be slang for jig-a-jig, rub-a-dub-dub,so zenbangkok's 'friend' could be congratulating him on his sexual prowess as well as his upright character.

Over to you zenbangkok,more details are needed to solve this urgent case.

bannork

fun dee na khon dee

There is nothing wrong with the spelling. It is a perfectly logical sentence in Thai,

ฟันดีนะคนดี

ฟันดีนะคนดี "fahn dee na,kon dee"=Slash them to little pieces with your sword,my good warrior! :D

I think the spelling should be ฝันดีนะ คนดี "fahn dee na kon dee"=Dream-time Sweetie! :D

ฝัน "fahn"=dream.

Cheers,

Snowleopard

My mistake. Missed the direction of the loop. The plot thickens. :D

fun dee na khon dee

ฟันดีนะคนดี

ฝัน "fahn"=dream.

Cheers,

Snowleopard

I saw the spelling as Tooth also and realised it was a spelling error, I went the way of Faan Di.....not Fan Di.....but that could well be right too.

more often than not when I translate a letter I have to go searching for alternative words as some of the spelling is terrible.

fun dee na khon dee

???????????

1.??? "fahn"(verb)=to slash with a sword

2.??? "fahn"(noun)=a tooth,teeth

??????????? "fahn dee na,kon dee"=Slash them to little pieces with your sword,my good warrior! :D

I think the spelling should be ??????? ???? "fahn dee na kon dee"=Dream-time Sweetie! :D

??? "fahn"=dream.

Cheers,

Snowleopard

I saw the spelling as Tooth also and realised it was a spelling error, I went the way of Faan Di.....not Fan Di.....but that could well be right too.

more often than not when I translate a letter I have to go searching for alternative words as some of the spelling is terrible.

I'll ask what she was trying to say. Then it might settle the discussion.. but ofcourse there is the possibility she won't tell me.

fun dee na khon dee

???????????

??????????? "fahn dee na,kon dee"=Slash them to little pieces with your sword,my good warrior! :D

I think the spelling should be ??????? ???? "fahn dee na kon dee"=Dream-time Sweetie! :D

??? "fahn"=dream.

Cheers,

Snowleopard

I'll ask what she was trying to say. Then it might settle the discussion.. but ofcourse there is the possibility she won't tell me.

I would go with the dream good, person good......especially if it was her last sms of the day.

fun dee na khon dee

???????????

??? "fahn"=dream.

Cheers,

Snowleopard

I would go with the dream good, person good......especially if it was her last sms of the day.

It was last SMS of the day and I thought that is what it mean't incidentally I think I was the one who inserted the spelling errors by using the wrong vowel..

• 1 month later...