Korat Rental

buadhai

I will be moving to Korat in April, 2005 and will need a place to live. I'd prefer two bedroom apartment, although I know that will be hard to come by. Occupants will be me, my girlfriend (with whom I now live here on Saipan) and her 10-year-old daughter.

My GF's parents have a small retail shop near the Chumpol Gate and a house in a moo baan near Lotus. The daughter currently lives with her grandparents and goes to an elementary school near the IT Center.

I'd like a place in the city; preferrably an apartment within a couple KM of Chumpol.

Any ideas as to a place to live, or other advice?

TIA

I think there are a fair number of "places" for rent at any given moment. I have a friend who lives in a housing development behind Macro. He owns his house there, but there is sometimes/often a house for rent there. Rental appears to be in the area of 5000 Baht/month (for a whole house).

In April, who knows. Might be best to visit a couple of "farong meeting places" and ask around when you get here. I personally like to meet up with fellow farong at The Pasinee Restaruant on Suranaree Rd, next to "the Pizza Shop". Lots of info available here.

Perhaps see you then? Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

2 BEDROOM apartment in Korat = "Simanakhon Condominium", tel 044 293256 - 65. Adress is 132 Midtapab - Nongkag road, Muang Korat.

Rent is 8.000 and 1 months Dep. Total B 16.000 when check in.

aprox 73 sqm with living room, 2 bedroom , 2 bathroom ,2 small balconies, but ...... it;s unfurnished ! .

It's a 15 floor highrise building. So no Aircon or hot water shower ( you can buy and install at your own cost). 12 channel Cable TV, only 1 english speaking TV channel. (star movies).

Have 24 hour security, 3 in-house restaurant who deliver to your room, laundry + laundry machines.

Not a new place, many young people (students) live there, so can be loud sometimes.

This is the only place I managed to find myself - also looking for a 2R Apt.

Location :centally in town, opposite new Bus station and St Mary Hospital, same side as BIG - C, aprox 500 meters distance.

• 2 months later...
2 BEDROOM apartment in Korat = "Simanakhon Condominium",  tel 044 293256 - 65.  Adress is 132 Midtapab - Nongkag road, Muang Korat.

Rent is 8.000 and 1 months Dep. Total B 16.000 when check in.

aprox 73 sqm with living room,  2 bedroom , 2 bathroom ,2 small balconies, but ......  it;s unfurnished ! .

It's a 15 floor highrise building. So no Aircon or hot water shower ( you can buy and install at your own cost). 12 channel Cable TV, only 1 english speaking TV channel. (star movies).

Have 24 hour security, 3 in-house restaurant who deliver to your room, laundry + laundry machines.

Not a new place, many young people (students) live there, so can be loud sometimes.

This is the only place I managed to find myself - also looking for a 2R Apt.

Location :centally in town, opposite new Bus station and St Mary Hospital,  same  side as BIG - C, aprox 500 meters distance.

Also known as Sima condo . I stayed there and liked it . But they will overcharge for electric and water . Had a studio for 6000 baht .