What's In A Name?

KevinHunt

~

To continue this thought:

I do use other aliases such as Wizard for the internet/email address/domain which was given to me by friends/family over many years for my computer work and by those who have witnessed my performance of miracles, and Kali, a demigod, which is representative of my true nature. :o

Edited by Dustoff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine comes from my radio callsign when I flew medical evacuation helicopter for 18 months

wow! How do they give callsigns out? is it a random thing? And there i was thinking you were a fellow ruskie descendant! Even got the ruskie beard!

regards

Kh***off

Edited by SomNamNah

Mine comes from my radio callsign when I flew medical evacuation helicopter for 18 months

wow! How do they give callsigns out? is it a random thing? And there i was thinking you were a fellow ruskie descendant! Even got the ruskie beard!

regards

Kh***off

Could you go back to your previous Avatar please. :o

You might scare some of the more sensitive ones amongst us away.

Tis bill bailey - part troll. i thought apt.

bill_bailey_l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9Ny7Tme2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKtxg1D7vZw...feature=related

My nickname is from the Fans frequent outbursts at the Yellow shirts getting twated on TV..

Som Nam Nah.. serves you right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfh7tSYVQdU

Edited by SomNamNah

regards

Kh***off

It originated I think in 1945 in the Philippines when helicopters were flying evacuation mission off a liberty ship in WWII or something. The name caught on in Vietnam right after I got there and became the name of MASH hospital ambulance helicopters throughout the war. If you google, there is a Dustoff Assn for MASH helicopter pilots. And..

Medevac helicopters

65Nam-03.jpg

Same guy, no beard - and no hair..

It originated I think in 1945 in the Philippines when helicopters were flying evacuation mission off a liberty ship in WWII or something. The name caught on in Vietnam right after I got there and became the name of MASH hospital ambulance helicopters throughout the war. If you google, there is a Dustoff Assn for MASH helicopter pilots. And..

Medevac helicopters

65Nam-03.jpg

that's you man? i had that glass bubble helicopter for action man. GI joe for the non-brits.

WeII I may have toId you, but seeing as Im a Scot and you seem to have some bizarre negative association and/or pre-conceived idea thing going regarding the Scots, not worth bothering reaIIy. :o

I actually thought your name was a joke. It's a common joke to say your name is Kevin Hunt....amongst merchant marines I've sailed with, and some U.S. Air Force guys I've known. The joke being....the abbreviated version...K.Hunt or Khunt.....if you get my drift.

You must have known this?

satiariyan

Do Thai surnames have meanings such as '-son' in Nordic countries, Mac in scotland, -fitz, -evich/aya (russian)

I understand that Sino-Thai's can be distinguished by the surname easily..

Most UK surnames come from a trade, or ethnic group.

Why do you ask me such a question of which I haven't got the slightest clue except that som chai could loosely be translated as orange man and thus all Somchai's might happen to be descendants of an orange seller. Have you Google'd 'Somchai' ?

I actually thought your name was a joke. It's a common joke to say your name is Kevin Hunt....amongst merchant marines I've sailed with, and some U.S. Air Force guys I've known. The joke being....the abbreviated version...K.Hunt or Khunt.....if you get my drift.

Do you have to keep feeding him these lines? :o

JxP

In England, as I pointed out somewhere else, this is indeed a joke , but not for anyone over the age of 12.

That is totally consistent with the fact that US Marines and Air force chappies also find it funny.

Oh and Blinky Bill, of course.

I just read this again. You meant that didn't you?  :D

That's brilliant. :o

Do you honestly believe that having had this name since I was born I'd never heard that 'joke' ?

I'm absolutely serious here (for the first time ever on Thai Visa)  - I hadn't heard that little gem since I was 12. Get it?

Nobody over the mental age of 12 (in England) thought that was funny, so I hadn't heard that little gem for nearly 40 years.

Why do I keep hearing it on Thai Visa? Oh, I see it's all falling into place now..... Sorry, I didn't realise. My apologies.

It reminds me though of the Monty Python sketch .

1st man : 'Hello my name is Mr. Smoketoomuch"

2nd man: 'well you should try to stop'

1st man: ' I'm sorry, I don't understand?'

2nd man: ' Your name is Mr Smoketoomuch I said 'you should try to stop.  ...... smoking?'

'I'm sorry, stupid joke, you must hear it all the time?'

1st man: ' No I've never heard it before.That's the first time. I never thought about it . That's quite funny, actually'

Cheers, thanks for that. You made my day. :D

Edited by KevinHUNT

I am actually wondering if little boys under the age of 12 even know what the word 'khunt' means...... I would rather guess it is a joke for the ones between 15 and 65 rather than under 12........ (of course this is coming from a man who lost his virginity at the age of 16)

In England, as I pointed out somewhere else, this is indeed a joke , but not for anyone over the age of 12.

That is totally consistent with the fact that US Marines and Air force chappies also find it funny.

Oh and Blinky Bill, of course.

That is because they have the mental capacity of a 9 year old.

I am actually wondering if little boys under the age of 12 even know what the word 'khunt' means......

Doubt it very much and he knows so. Just his way of trying, miserably, to laugh it back at us. :o

Get a grip, Khunt; you're about as funny as an unfunny thing and starting to sound as loosely held together as that that tit IamMaiC was.

By the way U.S. Marines and Merchant Marines are not the same thing. Merchant Marines are paid well, don't carry weapons and hail from all over the globe.

Silly khunt. :D

I see your point , but 'US Marines' and 'Merchant Marines from the US' are technically both US Marines,aren't they?

As a landlubber from Liverpool ( not to be confused with Little Jimmy Osmond's 'Long-haired-lover from Liverpool') , I'm not sure.

And since I was only taking the piss, it's a moot point anyway , surely?

I just looked at that picture of Basil, and thought 'I must get a better picture of me to use as my Avatar'.

I can't believe it - even I'm beginning to think it looks like me!!! :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

By the way U.S. Marines and Merchant Marines are not the same thing. Merchant Marines are paid well, don't carry weapons and hail from all over the globe.

Silly khunt. :o

I see your point , but 'US Marines' and 'Merchant Marines from the US' are technically both US Marines,aren't they?

As a landlubber from Liverpool ( not to be confused with Little Jimmy Osmond's 'Long-haired-lover from Liverpool') , I'm not sure

if you are from liverpool i sure you know the difference

They are Marines and Merchant Marines. Marines are soldiers. Merchant Marines are not.

As a landlubber from Liverpool ( not to be confused with Little Jimmy Osmond's 'Long-haired-lover from Liverpool') , I'm not sure

Now it's my turn to be pedantic - It's not 'if' - my hailing from the fine city of Liverpool has already been established. I know plenty of people might aspire to be from Liverpool, but it is mine by birthright, fortunately.

Now it's my turn to be pedantic - It's not 'if' - my hailing from the fine city of Liverpool has already been established. I know plenty of people might aspire to be from Liverpool, but it is mine by birthright, fortunately.

Liverpool is a big port and most residents know the difference between the royal navy and merchant navy. Same/ Same but different 'US Marines' and 'Merchant Marines same /same but different.

regards

Kh***off

Medevac helicopters

65Nam-03.jpg

You bear a striking resemblence to your brother Vic as he is now Dusty

Merchant marines- sail around and hang out in ports like Kee Lung and catch the clap. High paid sailors.

US Marines - sail around, pretend thier all Chesty, hang out in places like the Blue Fox in TJ and catch the clap. Sandbags that wear shoes.

Among Marines

Chesty Puller remains a well known figure in Marine Corps folklore, with both true and exaggerated tales of his experiences being constantly recounted in the U.S. Marine Corps.

A common incantation in Marine Corps boot camp is to end one's day with the declaration, "Good night, Chesty Puller, wherever you are!"

In boot camp and OCS cadences, Marines chant "It was good for Chesty Puller/And it's good enough for me" — Chesty is symbolic of the esprit de corps of the Marines.

Chesty is loved by enlisted men for his constant actions to improve their lot. Puller insisted upon good equipment and discipline; once he came upon a second lieutenant who had ordered an enlisted man to salute him 100 times for missing a salute. Chesty told the Lieutenant: "You were absolutely correct in making him salute you 100 times Lieutenant, but you know that an officer must return every salute he receives. Now return them all."[7][8]