BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
KevinHunt

What's In A Name?

Here is me thinking you are a self made cun_t and find out your dad made you one. :o

I am actually wondering if little boys under the age of 12 even know what the word 'khunt' means...... I would rather guess it is a joke for the ones between 15 and 65 rather than under 12........ (of course this is coming from a man who lost his virginity at the age of 16)

I actually thought your name was a joke. It's a common joke to say your name is Kevin Hunt....amongst merchant marines I've sailed with, and some U.S. Air Force guys I've known. The joke being....the abbreviated version...K.Hunt or Khunt.....if you get my drift.

You must have known this?

In England, as I pointed out somewhere else, this is indeed a joke , but not for anyone over the age of 12.

That is totally consistent with the fact that US Marines and Air force chappies also find it funny.

Oh and Blinky Bill, of course.

That is because they have the mental capacity of a 9 year old.

I am actually wondering if little boys under the age of 12 even know what the word 'khunt' means......

Doubt it very much and he knows so. Just his way of trying, miserably, to laugh it back at us. :o

Get a grip, Khunt; you're about as funny as an unfunny thing and starting to sound as loosely held together as that that tit IamMaiC was.

By the way U.S. Marines and Merchant Marines are not the same thing. Merchant Marines are paid well, don't carry weapons and hail from all over the globe.

Silly khunt. :o

By the way U.S. Marines and Merchant Marines are not the same thing. Merchant Marines are paid well, don't carry weapons and hail from all over the globe.

Silly khunt. :D

I see your point , but 'US Marines' and 'Merchant Marines from the US' are technically both US Marines,aren't they?

As a landlubber from Liverpool ( not to be confused with Little Jimmy Osmond's 'Long-haired-lover from Liverpool') , I'm not sure.

And since I was only taking the piss, it's a moot point anyway , surely?

I just looked at that picture of Basil, and thought 'I must get a better picture of me to use as my Avatar'.

I can't believe it - even I'm beginning to think it looks like me!!! :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

I see your point , but 'US Marines' and 'Merchant Marines from the US' are technically both US Marines,aren't they?

As a landlubber from Liverpool ( not to be confused with Little Jimmy Osmond's 'Long-haired-lover from Liverpool') , I'm not sure

if you are from liverpool i sure you know the difference

They are Marines and Merchant Marines. Marines are soldiers. Merchant Marines are not.

As a landlubber from Liverpool ( not to be confused with Little Jimmy Osmond's 'Long-haired-lover from Liverpool') , I'm not sure

Now it's my turn to be pedantic - It's not 'if' - my hailing from the fine city of Liverpool has already been established. I know plenty of people might aspire to be from Liverpool, but it is mine by birthright, fortunately.

Now it's my turn to be pedantic - It's not 'if' - my hailing from the fine city of Liverpool has already been established. I know plenty of people might aspire to be from Liverpool, but it is mine by birthright, fortunately.

Liverpool is a big port and most residents know the difference between the royal navy and merchant navy. Same/ Same but different 'US Marines' and 'Merchant Marines same /same but different.

Mine comes from my radio callsign when I flew medical evacuation helicopter for 18 months

wow! How do they give callsigns out? is it a random thing? And there i was thinking you were a fellow ruskie descendant! Even got the ruskie beard!

regards

Kh***off

It originated I think in 1945 in the Philippines when helicopters were flying evacuation mission off a liberty ship in WWII or something. The name caught on in Vietnam right after I got there and became the name of MASH hospital ambulance helicopters throughout the war. If you google, there is a Dustoff Assn for MASH helicopter pilots. And..

Medevac helicopters

65Nam-03.jpg

Same guy, no beard - and no hair..

You bear a striking resemblence to your brother Vic as he is now Dusty

Merchant marines- sail around and hang out in ports like Kee Lung and catch the clap. High paid sailors.

US Marines - sail around, pretend thier all Chesty, hang out in places like the Blue Fox in TJ and catch the clap. Sandbags that wear shoes.

Sandbags that wear shoes.

Sounds like Chesty Puller's son Lewis. What a sad story. :o

Among Marines

Chesty Puller remains a well known figure in Marine Corps folklore, with both true and exaggerated tales of his experiences being constantly recounted in the U.S. Marine Corps.

A common incantation in Marine Corps boot camp is to end one's day with the declaration, "Good night, Chesty Puller, wherever you are!"

In boot camp and OCS cadences, Marines chant "It was good for Chesty Puller/And it's good enough for me" — Chesty is symbolic of the esprit de corps of the Marines.

Chesty is loved by enlisted men for his constant actions to improve their lot. Puller insisted upon good equipment and discipline; once he came upon a second lieutenant who had ordered an enlisted man to salute him 100 times for missing a salute. Chesty told the Lieutenant: "You were absolutely correct in making him salute you 100 times Lieutenant, but you know that an officer must return every salute he receives. Now return them all."[7][8]