Chiang Mai To Hua Hin On Vip Bus

greenwood0311

I have heard that there is a recently started VIP Bus Service that runs from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin and is run by Sombat Tours.

Has anyone used the service yet, if so I would be interested in knowing what the trip is like.

I cannot seem to find an active website for Sombat Tours so if anyone can let me know appx cost, what time the buses leave and arrive, plus anywhere that I am able to book a seat it would be much appreciated. Am looking at traveling on or about the 3rd April next year.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who has done the trip.

:o:D :D :D

I have heard that there is a recently started VIP Bus Service that runs from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin and is run by Sombat Tours.

Has anyone used the service yet, if so I would be interested in knowing what the trip is like.

I cannot seem to find an active website for Sombat Tours so if anyone can let me know appx cost, what time the buses leave and arrive, plus anywhere that I am able to book a seat it would be much appreciated. Am looking at traveling on or about the 3rd April next year.

:o:D:D:D

we had a friend who came to chiang mai in february who got a bus from chiang mai to hua hin he booked the day before said it was ok took 12 hours.I think it left chiang mai at 8 am.

:o:D:D:D

we had a friend who came to chiang mai in february who got a bus from chiang mai to hua hin he booked the day before said it was ok took 12 hours.I think it left chiang mai at 8 am.

have used sombat to go overnight to bkk on vip bus and have booked again later this month. the day buses are not so good.

i'm interested in their huahin service too provided it is the two level bus

That would be a godsend. Several times I took VIP or first class bus from CMai to Mochit in Bkk, then could not get to the old Southern Bus Terminal without several taxis, motosais, transfers, etc. Several times just going from home in Hua Hin to the American Embassy, I took a songtaew, bus, taxi to BTS, even a river ferry and motosai, etc.

I have taken the bus from the regular bus station in Chiang Mai to Hua Hin and Back (not on the same trip) The buses we were on had alot of room and they were constantly serving drinks and snacks plus the usual stop for food . All was included.

I do not remember the price. I want to say about 800 baht.

My bus experiences in thailand have had one thing in common. Tv a little loud but not that bad that I would not do it again.

The worst is the airconditioning,so prepare yourself and I do not mean it will be hot but the opposite.

I have been so cold on those buses I wanted to breakout the window to let in some heat.

During the day it is fine but at night it is super cold. I always take sweat pants and a jacket then usually use the blankets also. No joke!

I answered a thread on this about 1 year ago and knowone knows why it is so cold and I am from a cold climate.

Good Luck it will be fine just take a jacket socks and long pants.

I cannot seem to find an active website for Sombat Tours

www.sombattour.com

That would be a godsend. Several times I took VIP or first class bus from CMai to Mochit in Bkk, then could not get to the old Southern Bus Terminal without several taxis, motosais, transfers, etc.

Come on, Sombat Tour have had a bus that terminates at the southern bus station for years. All you had to do was ask. The Hua Hin service is a bit more recent I think.

I cannot seem to find an active website for Sombat Tours

www.sombattour.com

That would be a godsend. Several times I took VIP or first class bus from CMai to Mochit in Bkk, then could not get to the old Southern Bus Terminal without several taxis, motosais, transfers, etc.

Come on, Sombat Tour have had a bus that terminates at the southern bus station for years. All you had to do was ask. The Hua Hin service is a bit more recent I think.

I never noticed. Never saw signs at the CMai bus terminal for Hua Hin. My last trip was last year. Glad to hear it.

• 1 month later...

10 out of 10 for sombat tour! i travelled yesterday from chiang mai to hau hin. the bus was a very modern scania, very comfortable reclining seats, with plenty of leg room and an on board toilet. you are given plenty of water, juices, pastries and sandwiches and stop for lunch after about five hours at what i think is the companys own very clean cafe. all included in the price.

the bus left chiang mai at 8am and arrived at hau hin at 8pm. there is also a night time service leaving chiang mai at 18.30hrs. the price 785 bht. get youre tickets at sombattours booth in chiang mai arcade bus station. may i suggest a day or two in advance as the bus was pretty full.

take a warm top as the a.c. can be a bit chilly and ear defenders if you are not used to high volume dvd,s and music.

the driver was fast but safe and the on board host/ hostess (not quite sure which) was very pleasant and helpful.

so if you are not in a rush and want to avoid bangkok go sombattour.

they dont have a website in english, there helpline no. is 02 5531753.

happy travels,

jerry. :o

10 out of 10 for sombat tour! i travelled yesterday from chiang mai to hau hin. the bus was a very modern scania, very comfortable reclining seats, with plenty of leg room and an on board toilet. you are given plenty of water, juices, pastries and sandwiches and stop for lunch after about five hours at what i think is the companys own very clean cafe. all included in the price.

the bus left chiang mai at 8am and arrived at hau hin at 8pm. there is also a night time service leaving chiang mai at 18.30hrs. the price 785 bht. get youre tickets at sombattours booth in chiang mai arcade bus station. may i suggest a day or two in advance as the bus was pretty full.

take a warm top as the a.c. can be a bit chilly and ear defenders if you are not used to high volume dvd,s and music.

the driver was fast but safe and the on board host/ hostess (not quite sure which) was very pleasant and helpful.

so if you are not in a rush and want to avoid bangkok go sombattour.

they dont have a website in english, there helpline no. is 02 5531753.

happy travels,

jerry. :o

Jerry thanks for that, your report was a great help, was good to know of a recent report and that all is Ok.

> Come on, Sombat Tour have had a bus that terminates at the southern bus station for years. All you had to do was ask. The Hua Hin service is a bit more recent I think.

having read this thread before, I was counting on that bus to the southern bus terminal but none of the tour operators at Arcade seemed to know about it three weeks ago (we asked ALL of them and I read all the signs - nothing). the Hua Hin bus does not call at Sai Tai Mai, it goes on the ringroad, we were told.

however, there is a direct city bus from Mochit to Sai Tai Mai, it is route 170, runs from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. and takes an hour. it surely beats those aggressive hordes of taxi drivers that haunt Mo Chit in the mornings.