BANGKOK 17 June 2019 06:14
Sign in to follow this  
andy

Hat Yai Minibus Stations

I've read that there are 2 minibus stations in Hat Yai - one in town, and a newer one outside of town on the way to the airport. I'll be flying in on my way to pak bara, so the new station seems like the best choice. But do they both serve the same destinations? If not, which station do I go to for Pak Bara?

I've read that there are 2 minibus stations in Hat Yai - one in town, and a newer one outside of town on the way to the airport. I'll be flying in on my way to pak bara, so the new station seems like the best choice. But do they both serve the same destinations? If not, which station do I go to for Pak Bara?

At the Bus station you have Minivan for long destination, for Pak bara and other destination it is a special station (satani rotou) outside the town that you can reach from the town with tuktuk for 60 to 100 bath. it is also possible to take a combined van and ferry at the train station.

There are dozens of minibus stations downtown Hadyai that will arrange minibuses to anywhere incuding Pakpara. It would be very difficult to walk 1 block in any direction and not find one. I don't know of any but station on the way to the airport. There is a big bus station in the SE part of town. it would probably take 3 hrs in a big bus. You could probably get a taxi for 500 Bt and it would take you 45 mins. If you find yourself lost in HadYai just take a Tuktuk to the train station there are several tour agencied and taxi que's across the road.

There are dozens of minibus stations downtown Hadyai that will arrange minibuses to anywhere incuding Pakpara. It would be very difficult to walk 1 block in any direction and not find one. I don't know of any but station on the way to the airport. There is a big bus station in the SE part of town. it would probably take 3 hrs in a big bus. You could probably get a taxi for 500 Bt and it would take you 45 mins. If you find yourself lost in HadYai just take a Tuktuk to the train station there are several tour agencied and taxi que's across the road.

sorry but bus dont go to Pakbara, only the bus Trang Satun cross Langu (10 km Pakbara and then songtew), the time to reach Pakbara from Hat Yai is 1hrs30 by private car and around 2 hours per minivan, the cost for a taxi is minimum 1000 bath, with the van 120 bath, agency in the town go send you the minivan from the train station that cost more and where you need to book the ferry or speedboat together. I am used to made this way.

the new minibus station is on a way to the airport.

You fly in to Hat Yai so you may take the blue songthew waiting in 50 m distance when leaving the arrival hall, cross the road and walk straight ahead. The fare is 20 THB and all songthew go this way. this service is faster than waiting until a minibus for 80 THB is full and leaves. The minibus to Pak Bara is 110 THB at the minibus station.

you may locate on Google Earth but I start in town : locate the train station... to the north is Phet Kasem (4) heading west

crossing the railway on a bridge. Many songthews go to the minibus station on this road and many have the final destination at the airport. they turn left at the Caltex station and follow road nr 4135. So you do the opposite from the airport.

the Minibus is where Phet Kasem road crosses a water canal you see two big halls under construction

Tracel offices opposite to the train staion also have minibus services direct to Pak Bara for 80 THB as I was told last week on Lipe.

Do not buy a boat ticket until you are at the pier in Pak Bara two foot steps away from the water as you could not know wich boat is leaving when you arrive. Prices even for the speed boat is not really fix. and I never buy return tickets ....

Edited by dash