Milk Thistle Good! What About Sam-e?

tominbkk

Hi There

I've been taking Milk thistle the past several days and I really feel its positive effect.

In my research I have seen another supplement touted that is supposed to go along well with flushing the liver, and from what I gather is good to take alongside Milk Thistle. It is called SAM-E, with the various chemical names:

*S-Adensyl Methionine

*L-Methionine

*Adomet

*Ademethionine

When I was at Foodland last night I dropped by their pharmacy and asked if they had SAM-E, the pharmacist gave me Aldomet, and said it was the same as Adomet. I should have looked it up on the internet by my phone first, but being that she is the pharmacist and the name was similar I figured it must be a Thai offshoot of Adomet. It wasn't expensive (39 Baht for a foil of 6) so I picked up a couple foils.

Getting home I looked up Aldomet and IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Adomet. Aldomet is for treating hypertension and high blood pressure, not at all what Adomet or SAM-E is for. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the pharmacist would make a mistake like that here in Thailand but still that's quite a dangerous flub if you ask me. I'm going to have a small talk with her next time I go in to Foodland. After showing her all the chemical names I would think she would do better than that.

So I'm going to ask you guys out there if you have heard of SAM-E, and if so have you seen it for sale here in LOS?

T

Edited by tominbkk

• 3 months later...
Hi There

I've been taking Milk thistle the past several days and I really feel its positive effect.

In my research I have seen another supplement touted that is supposed to go along well with flushing the liver, and from what I gather is good to take alongside Milk Thistle. It is called SAM-E, with the various chemical names:

*S-Adensyl Methionine

*L-Methionine

*Adomet

*Ademethionine

When I was at Foodland last night I dropped by their pharmacy and asked if they had SAM-E, the pharmacist gave me Aldomet, and said it was the same as Adomet. I should have looked it up on the internet by my phone first, but being that she is the pharmacist and the name was similar I figured it must be a Thai offshoot of Adomet. It wasn't expensive (39 Baht for a foil of 6) so I picked up a couple foils.

Getting home I looked up Aldomet and IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Adomet. Aldomet is for treating hypertension and high blood pressure, not at all what Adomet or SAM-E is for. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the pharmacist would make a mistake like that here in Thailand but still that's quite a dangerous flub if you ask me. I'm going to have a small talk with her next time I go in to Foodland. After showing her all the chemical names I would think she would do better than that.

So I'm going to ask you guys out there if you have heard of SAM-E, and if so have you seen it for sale here in LOS?

T

where can I buy milk thistle in Thailand?

• 1 year later...