Tesco Lotus Banchang

longball53098

Each to his (or her) own, but give this particular farang Thai food over western stodge anytime. As well as being much healthier, it means that shopping in Tesco Lotus is a doddle :)

• 1 month later...

Tesco yesterday was a complete shambles, I'm shopping at the local markets again at least there you know what your going to get. Instead of at tesco where your contantly reminded of how good it could be but is'nt. Big time fail.

• 1 month later...

I made a stop to get a few things in Tesco today just before noon. I don't get in this store but maybe twice a month but today for a Monday after the long holiday weekend the place was a mess. The shelves were bare and no one working very hard to re-stock. I looked around for a few items and could not find so I bought my milk and cashed out.

It seems this store is really not interested in serving the customer and it's as with most businesses the bottom line is all that counts. I've lived here over 5 years now and one of the "little" things that always get me about "shopping cultural" between Asia and the West is how here they love to block all the walking areas and make it difficult to get from point to point. Lotus seems to have figured another way to make some cash by renting out the space along the walk just out the side door to the parking garage. Now you will have to dodge the shopping carts, the casual walking all over the place and now the folks and their stuff and their customers standing around looking.

Oh by the way,,, I could not find my micro wave popcorn in Lotus anymore. Anybody know if they stopped stocking it?

I felt the same way here in Chanthaburi, but rather than ask the local managers about items that I wanted what I did was email the main office and within 3-4 weeks some of the items appeared. Now not all the items requested stayed due to not being able to sell the products but if you WANT something try going to the top instead of starting at the bottom???????????????

Here are Tesco's contact details in Bangkok: http://www.tescolotus.com/left.php?lang=en...p;data=talktous

If enough people sent them messages or telephoned...?

http://www.tescolotus.com/en/

Tesco Lotus are one of the VERY few businesses in Thailand which will reply to an email enquiry sent to them using their "contact us" facility.

I don't think Tescos anywhere in Thailand carry a significant amount of "farang" food ....compared to Carrefour, Villa or Foodland....but they are inn a different league.