Short Term Condo/house Rental Jan/feb 2005?

Steve2UK

Hi (again) All,

Apologies for nearly duplicating my previous post, but after very helpful advice from CM451, I think it makes sense to broaden what I originally described - i.e. to also think about short-term rental of a house near to the city as an alternative to a condo/small house in the city. By the way, I'm sure I can provide whatever reasonable guarantees/deposit is required to ensure confidence - and it may help to know that I'm a sensible 54 year-old on a 1 year Business Visa..........

I'm planning to come to Chiang Mai in mid-January and stay for 4-5 weeks - mainly to reconnoitre everything I'll need for a permanent move later in 2005 (basically - just as soon as I can get it done!).

I prefer not to stay in a hotel/guesthouse all that time (apart from the cost, it's not a real reflection of what LIVING there is all about). I'd appreciate suggestions of a 1/2 bedroom condo or house (I'll be on my own so I actually only need 1 bedroom) to rent for that period. Furnished/equipped, obviously - and probably needs to be fairly central/near to the city for ready access to daily necessities; having said that, I'll certainly rent some wheels to get me around all the places/areas I'll want to visit. I'd also welcome internet access for my laptop from the property - dial-up's probably OK and I guess I can do it with a pre-paid card on a regular line? Laptop's also equipped for wireless connection, BTW. Failing that, I imagine I won't be far from an internet cafe..........

Thanks in advance for all suggestions/offers - I look forward to meeting you happy CM-folk face to face while I'm there .

Steve