Thaivisa New Years Eve Party, Larry's Dive, Bangkok 31 December 2008

george

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder to all of you whose posts have been deleted....

***The Sign-up requirements are that you must have a minimum 5 posts effective today, 14, December 2008. The will be no exceptions to this requirement.***

Oh my. I would have loved to come, I've just arrived in BKK and know few people here. Is reading everyday helpful posts by others not enough? I don't understand...

p.s. Plus, if I can't come because I hadn't 5 posts by yesterday, what was the point in getting the invitation?

The invitation was sent to inform all eligible members about the party.

We have done this now for 2 years as a way to say "thank you" to the Thaivisa community for their wonderful support.

Basically, these are thank you parties and not recruiting drives, although you should have plenty of posts for the next party and will be welcome.

We have brought he parties to the members rather than staying in 1 place and having the members come to us. The cost of feeding and giving free drinks to the thousands of members who have attended over the past 2 years is staggering as is the transportation costs, lodging etc.

It is only fair that the guy who foots the bill should have a say in some entry requirements or we would have every balloon chaser in Asia appearing at the front desk.

We will check memberships at the check in desks as well as post counts as to when the 6th post was made, along with checking the sign up list as we go along for members with more than 1 user name or formally banned members signing up.

That way we know that everyone who attends the party is a deserving member, just like you will be for the next party.

I hope this explains things a bit.

Just a reminder to all of you whose posts have been deleted....

***The Sign-up requirements are that you must have a minimum 5 posts effective today, 14, December 2008. The will be no exceptions to this requirement.***

Mine was deleted and I am pretty sure I have more than 5 posts?

No, actually it was deleted because we are looking for sign ups here, not new material for Channel 7's comedy hour.

If you're not sure how many posts you have, please contact support[at]thaivisa.com and ask for assistance.

In fact I think I was the first to arrange an un-official Thaivisa piss-up at Larry's Dive about 2 years ago. Was fun, a great venue.

Yeah, I remember that night, was a good laugh. Unfortunately I can't make it to this one, I'll be up in Ubon, but have a good one everyone else!

:o

Edited by dantilley

Oh darn, bad timing. I'm stucked here in Florida at the moment. :D

Always wanting to meet you TV-members. :D

I'll make it next time either the party held in CM or BKK. :D

It would be nice if the party scheduled way months ahead, :D I bet you'll attrack more bigger crowd from overseas.

George, are you listening ? :o

Oh darn, bad timing. I'm stucked here in Florida at the moment. :D

Always wanting to meet you TV-members. :D

I'll make it next time either the party held in CM or BKK. :D

It would be nice if the party scheduled way months ahead, :D I bet you'll attrack more bigger crowd from overseas.

George, are you listening ? :o

If you are a regular reader of Thaivisa, you'll know that Thaivisa had 7 free BBQ parties this year all over Thailand and each one of then had 60 days advanced notice. (in one instance 75 days). We didn't meet ONE member who flew in from anywhere in the world for some free beer and ribs.

We were presented with this New Years Eve opportunity 4 days before we went public with it after working out all the details around the clock. These things just don't happen overnight.

We'll be having a party in Chiang Mai in April, so please send us a copy of your airline ticket so we can make sure we have room for you.

is there a dress code :o

Yes,

No flip flops

No Chang cutoff beer vests

No Tropical floral shorts

No shorts with dress shoes and black socks

No "Hello Kitty" ensembles

Its a New Years Eve party, so dress as you would expect people to dress if you were hosting a party at your home. Casual is fine.

Yep I am in there.

I will be making some BBQ sauce that you are gonna love. As soon as I find a vacuumm stainless steel, fire proof shielded container with armed guards. :D

The last time this recipe was used a clumsy Indian spilled it on the ground. That spot is now called the Grand Canyon :o