george

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh darn, bad timing. I'm stucked here in Florida at the moment. :D

Always wanting to meet you TV-members. :burp:

I'll make it next time either the party held in CM or BKK. :D

It would be nice if the party scheduled way months ahead, :P I bet you'll attrack more bigger crowd from overseas.

George, are you listening ? :o

If you are a regular reader of Thaivisa, you'll know that Thaivisa had 7 free BBQ parties this year all over Thailand and each one of then had 60 days advanced notice. (in one instance 75 days). We didn't meet ONE member who flew in from anywhere in the world for some free beer and ribs.

We were presented with this New Years Eve opportunity 4 days before we went public with it after working out all the details around the clock. These things just don't happen overnight.

We'll be having a party in Chiang Mai in April, so please send us a copy of your airline ticket so we can make sure we have room for you.

Hi 'Buckwheat'

The problem with me (me only in this case) is that I do not spend time on this forum as much as I want to. Also when I'm on the road, I try not to be on TV, so I end up overlook the informations on here, :D missing thousands posts. :D

Once while I was in TL ( for the wedding of the neice), I happened to spot an invitation for BBQ held at Taskers, CM. The date was 5 days after my flight back to US. Really wanting to attend this party, I called the airline ticket office to move my flight date to one week later, no problem I got it, but hubby didn't approve the new schedules, so I had to fly out on the original date, missing having a good time with my fellow forumers.

I like challenge, if I happen to be the first one who fly half way around the world to

be at this BBQ party, what prize I would get beside beers and ribs ? :jerk:

George, thanks again for adding this invitation in my PM. :wai:

Oh darn, bad timing. I'm stucked here in Florida at the moment. :D

Always wanting to meet you TV-members. :burp:

I'll make it next time either the party held in CM or BKK. :D

It would be nice if the party scheduled way months ahead, :P I bet you'll attrack more bigger crowd from overseas.

George, are you listening ? :o

If you are a regular reader of Thaivisa, you'll know that Thaivisa had 7 free BBQ parties this year all over Thailand and each one of then had 60 days advanced notice. (in one instance 75 days). We didn't meet ONE member who flew in from anywhere in the world for some free beer and ribs.

We were presented with this New Years Eve opportunity 4 days before we went public with it after working out all the details around the clock. These things just don't happen overnight.

We'll be having a party in Chiang Mai in April, so please send us a copy of your airline ticket so we can make sure we have room for you.

Hi 'Buckwheat'

The problem with me (me only in this case) is that I do not spend time on this forum as much as I want to. Also when I'm on the road, I try not to be on TV, so I end up overlook the informations on here, :D missing thousands posts. :D

Once while I was in TL ( for the wedding of the neice), I happened to spot an invitation for BBQ held at Taskers, CM. The date was 5 days after my flight back to US. Really wanting to attend this party, I called the airline ticket office to move my flight date to one week later, no problem I got it, but hubby didn't approve the new schedules, so I had to fly out on the original date, missing having a good time with my fellow forumers.

I like challenge, if I happen to be the first one who fly half way around the world to

be at this BBQ party, what prize I would get beside beers and ribs ? :jerk:

George, thanks again for adding this invitation in my PM. :wai:

Once again to finalize this discussion,

This is the party sign up list, not a list of those who

wont make it,

cant make it,

refuse to make it,

possibly can make it etc.

It is very simple and straight forward. You are invited to a party...if you can make it, please sign up. If you can't make it there's no need to post anything at all. There is no RSVP in the invitation. It makes it much easier to keep track of who is actually coming as well as identifying those who are not eligible for 1 reason or another and remove them from the list.

is there a dress code :o

Yes,

No flip flops

No Chang cutoff beer vests

No Tropical floral shorts

No shorts with dress shoes and black socks

No "Hello Kitty" ensembles

Its a New Years Eve party, so dress as you would expect people to dress if you were hosting a party at your home. Casual is fine.

Jeez - That's George Out then, he lives in flip-flops and Chang Cutoff beer vests :D

Oh, and count me in and +1

Hiya guys,

Would love to come, but I do understand the requirements you asked for and the expenses you have to pay yourself.

Been in Bkk for over nearly 3months now, but joined this forum a month before coming in bkk, was just reading about visas and stuff.

Me and my hubby could do with a bit of socialization too :o

Could we come anyway? I just had this news pop into my email.

Thanks in advance.

Sign me up for two... this is definitely one of the wittiest, entertaining forums on the internet... I'm sure I will withdraw these comments after having a couple dozen drinks spilled on my shirt by slurring expats but what the hel_l you only live once... thanks George, Thai Visa and Larry's Bar

Here is the first updated attendance list.

If your name is not on the list you either;

1) did not meet the minimum posting requirements

2) signed up under multiple names

3) are a formerly banned member

4) a combination of all of the above.

Geekfreaklover

jasreeve17

londonthai +1

gtm2k

photojourn +1

smileplur +1

zorro1 +1