Best Buffet In Pattaya

Michaelaway

wai.gif

So, the question is:

Where do YOU say is Pattaya's BEST BUFFET... and why?

We ate breakfast at Lek Hotel in Pattaya the other day. This is one big spread! And a lot of it was pretty good, even. But the day was truly saved by the young lady behind the buffet table, the one with the extra-blank stare. When I asked her to please take a bunch of the slimy, nearly uncooked bacon back into the kitchen for crisping she shrunk a bit I think. So, I lent her one of my pictures of the King (she seemed to know what she wanted to do with it) and, amazingly, in about 2 minutes- PRESTO! Perfect bacon, delivered with a semi-smile. Not bad! My mate was in awe...

-Michael

wai.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wai.gif

So, the question is:

Where do YOU say is Pattaya's BEST BUFFET... and why?

We ate breakfast at Lek Hotel in Pattaya the other day. This is one big spread! And a lot of it was pretty good, even. But the day was truly saved by the young lady behind the buffet table, the one with the extra-blank stare. When I asked her to please take a bunch of the slimy, nearly uncooked bacon back into the kitchen for crisping she shrunk a bit I think. So, I lent her one of my pictures of the King (she seemed to know what she wanted to do with it) and, amazingly, in about 2 minutes- PRESTO! Perfect bacon, delivered with a semi-smile. Not bad! My mate was in awe...

-Michael

wai.gif

Thats not very nice. :o

OK, should this have been "Best value-for-money" buffet?

Personally I ptrfer to have three or four light snacks than one stuff-all-you-can-into-your-gob buffet, so quality comes before quantity.

And for that you have to give the major hotels the winners medal. Royal Cliff, Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriott can't be beat.

Casa Pascal does great Sunday Brunch...about B 800 with glass of champagne;

Beefeaters for weekend Tex-Mex buffet for B 200 is great value;

Whitehouse on soi VC does good dinner buffet for around B 200 everynite;

Swiss Paradise on Farside does very nice Swiss/Euro/Thai buffet on Saturday nites at B 300 or so if I recall;

For Sat and Sun brunch starts at noon and ends at 4PM you can't beat Beafeaters Tex Mex with all the cheese you want for 200 baht. For Breakfast, not fancy, but good food the Apex hotel for 110 Baht. Sure the major hotels like the duset and amari has excellent five star buffets at five star prices.

Barry

Edited by barryofthailand

For Sat and Sun brunch starts at noon and ends at 4PM you can't beat Beafeaters Tex Mex with all the cheese you want for 200 baht. For Breakfast, not fancy, but good food the Apex hotel for 110 Baht. Sure the major hotels like the duset and amari has excellent five star buffets at five star prices.

Barry

wai.gif

Barry, you get it! What I'm talkin' about is YOUR opinion... It's a forum, right? So, if you're livin' here and, like most of us, are trying to live well and economize simultaneously... well, what you had to say, for me, was just right. No problem for me, if anybody wants to live high on the hog; I'll make it Pascal's Sunday brunch one of these days, but I'm sure I'll try Apex & Beafeaters' buffets soon! Cheers to all for their opinions!!

wai.gif

Anybody who lives here and wants to eat a GOOD breakfast at a good price should have the big breakfast at the caddy shack.Its 130 baht and superb.I have no interest in the bar at all.Only one point if the owner reads this,you should put proper toast on with the breakfast,the good continental bread toasted, like you use for the sandwiches.Other than that superb.

EPG.

I have to say that i am not a great fan of the buffet as I can't really stuff enough down to make it worthwhile.

I have never had the Lek Hotel breakfast buffet but I have had the dinner buffet for 180 baht.

The food is very average but if you like to stuff yourself it is okay value i suppose.

But for 180 baht i can get a much beeter meal in many places in Pattaya.

I am sure the five star hotels are good but i dont want to pay the prices they are asking.

I have been on expenses in Australia for most of the year, Sydney, Melbourne , Brisbane and Perth and can eat at any restaurant i want but you know what i am absolutely fed up with restaurant and hotel food.

You can't beat home cooking if you can cook well.

The Apex is just OK for a buffet brekkie, provided you don't take the food out of the bain maree. If you do you'll get luke warm (and hard) fried eggs and soggy bacon. Ask the girl or guy in attendance at the bain maree for fresh eggs and bacon and you'll have it cooked to perfection for you.

What I like about the Apex is you can get corn flakes to place on top of fruit salad, you can cook your own toast, you get unlimited cups of coffee/tea/juice and the atmosphere is quite nice.

As for the Apex buffet dinner, forget it. Try the Diana Hotel buffet. Here you'll have a cook on hand to personally cook the meat of the day for you.

having sampled all the above diners and more having lived in pattaya for the last 6years,i still have no doubt the bst value for breakfast in THAILAND is the elephant bar opposite asia pattaya hotel.i dont know how he does it but his eat as much as you like breakfast with unlimited drinks (sorry lads no alcohol) for 99bht is a trip worth taking.only been on a wensday and thursday but gather by the crowds must be on all week.now chris has his son tony as floor manager a warm friendly start to your day ,i can guarantee. :o

having sampled all the above diners and more having lived in pattaya for the last 6years,i still have no doubt the bst value for breakfast in THAILAND is the elephant bar opposite asia pattaya hotel.i dont know how he does it but his eat as much as you like breakfast with unlimited drinks (sorry lads no alcohol) for 99bht is a trip worth taking.only been on a wensday and thursday but gather by the crowds must be on all week.now chris has his son tony as floor manager a warm friendly start to your day ,i can guarantee. :o

Can you give us some more detailed directions, I don't know the Asia Pattaya Hotel.

Hi all,

the best way to eat cheap is not the buffets.

I have been to all the buffets, Diana Inn, Apex, Lek. And are all OK.

After 9 years, I found a place to eat and you can fill your belly up with beer and grub for peanuts.

There is a barbecue place on pattaya tai going to towards sukumvit road. its out doors and its where thais go for cheap food.

The other option is to goto any bar where its somebodys birthday. Free food whilst ever your buying drinks.

If you are after western foods then Apex buffet is the best and most variety.

I dont eat western food in Thailand, I find it hard to eat a sirloin steak in the heat. I seem to eat Thai food easier.

Why pay 700 baht for a steak thats melting your brains and not your mouth.

I can eat for a full week for this money on thai food.

Best English breakfast is un arguably the sportsman on soi 6. Crazy daves on soi bukhaow is nice as well.

You dont only get an english belly buster, you get a benidorm pub in pattaya.. Only fools and horses at 8 in the morning with a bottle of Sabai Wine cooler.

All this and 250 mg of ranitidine heart burn tablets are enough to stop you giving the toilet a puking.

Rio

Hi all,

the best way to eat cheap is not the buffets.

I have been to all the buffets, Diana Inn, Apex, Lek. And are all OK.

After 9 years, I found a place to eat and you can fill your belly up with beer and grub for peanuts.

There is a barbecue place on pattaya tai going to towards sukumvit road. its out doors and its where thais go for cheap food.

The other option is to goto any bar where its somebodys birthday. Free food whilst ever your buying drinks.

If you are after western foods then Apex buffet is the best and most variety.

I dont eat western food in Thailand, I find it hard to eat a sirloin steak in the heat. I seem to eat Thai food easier.

Why pay 700 baht for a steak thats melting your brains and not your mouth.

I can eat for a full week for this money on thai food.

Best English breakfast is un arguably the sportsman on soi 6. Crazy daves on soi bukhaow is nice as well.

You dont only get an english belly buster, you get a benidorm pub in pattaya.. Only fools and horses at 8 in the morning with a bottle of Sabai Wine cooler.

All this and 250 mg of ranitidine heart burn tablets are enough to stop you giving the toilet a puking.

Rio

I really hope you are trolling :o

Beefeaters has raised their price to 250 baht, still a good deal to make your own tacos. Have BBQ ribs and chicken, too. Montien Friday seafood buffet pretty good for about 700 (they make up for it with high drink prices, not included), also Casa Pascal Sunday Brunch is very good. Sunday carvery at Shenanigans a good deal for 450. The Lek and Apex suck.

Beefeaters has raised their price to 250 baht, still a good deal to make your own tacos. Have BBQ ribs and chicken, too. Montien Friday seafood buffet pretty good for about 700 (they make up for it with high drink prices, not included), also Casa Pascal Sunday Brunch is very good. Sunday carvery at Shenanigans a good deal for 450. The Lek and Apex suck.

Casa PAscal is too expensive. Sheninigan's is OK the first time but its overpriced for the quality.

Flanigan's(sp?) , the other Irish bar, does the dinner better.

I really believe there is a niche to be filled in the "reasonably priced and delicious" bracket of

about 300 to 400 baht.. for dinner and 100 to 200 for breakfast buffets..

There was a bar in the Jomtien Complex called Asia Moon,now closeed,that did without a doubt the BEST buffet breakfast for a very good price of 160 baht.Iam sure anyone on here who sampled the breakfast their would definately agree.The place closing was a sad loss.Children ate free also.

EPG.

I loved Asia Moon - it really was the best breakfast and dinner buffet. Many times for breakfast before going home from a BIG night out.

Jamesons carvery Saturday and Sunday for Baht 375 as much as you can eat is also great value.

The other buffet I like is Mantra - when someone else is paying :o

I have gone off shennanigans,went last sunday, 495 for the roast, horrid yorkshire pud, and at 120 baht for a glass of milk they obviously arent after repeat customers,. :o ..

The Apex is just OK for a buffet brekkie, provided you don't take the food out of the bain maree. If you do you'll get luke warm (and hard) fried eggs and soggy bacon. Ask the girl or guy in attendance at the bain maree for fresh eggs and bacon and you'll have it cooked to perfection for you.

What I like about the Apex is you can get corn flakes to place on top of fruit salad, you can cook your own toast, you get unlimited cups of coffee/tea/juice and the atmosphere is quite nice.

As for the Apex buffet dinner, forget it. Try the Diana Hotel buffet. Here you'll have a cook on hand to personally cook the meat of the day for you.

Yes MM, Fair value for money, and as you say plenty of juice/coffee!!

:o

I have gone off shennanigans,went last sunday, 495 for the roast, horrid yorkshire pud, and at 120 baht for a glass of milk they obviously arent after repeat customers,. :o ..

Next Sunday try Robins Nest in Soi Diana for all-U-can-eat roast dinner. Just over 200 baht (can't remember exact price) and I can assure you that you will enjoy it much more than Shennanigans. Robins Nest have a mouth watering sweets menu too. :D

Next Sunday try Robins Nest in Soi Diana for all-U-can-eat roast dinner. Just over 200 baht (can't remember exact price) and I can assure you that you will enjoy it much more than Shennanigans. Robins Nest have a mouth watering sweets menu too. :D

Ill take you up on that !,. and the sweet, ive just ordered 4 portions of spotted dick off ebay ! :D

We will have to try the breakfast, however we went there to have lunch and on the menu board outside it seemed like thai food was around the 200 250 mark ,which i thought was a bit rich,. :D

you

You don't like paying 85 baht for a Coca-Cola? Did you get a clean glass, with ice? How could you complain about the exorbitant prices when you got a clean glass to put your milk into? I'm ofteneople surprised by you people who complain about businesses abusing you by charging too much.

You should take it, stiff upper and all that rot. Make sure you leave a hefty tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I have to post to restore some sanity to this forum. I'm not sure if some members are shareholders at BEAFEATERS but I tried their tex mex buffet on the recommendation of this board and IT SUCKS!

For 250 baht there were a few overcooked dry ribs, a plate of salad, cooked hamburger, taco shells and a few chips. What a joke. I can get this type of meal in any western city for less based on taste and value.

My advice Beafeater's buffet sucks and my gal's seafood salad was overpriced.

I'll stay clear of there next time.