Best Buffet In Pattaya

Michaelaway

Sorry but I have to post to restore some sanity to this forum. I'm not sure if some members are shareholders at BEAFEATERS but I tried their tex mex buffet on the recommendation of this board and IT SUCKS!

For 250 baht there were a few overcooked dry ribs, a plate of salad, cooked hamburger, taco shells and a few chips. What a joke. I can get this type of meal in any western city for less based on taste and value.

My advice Beafeater's buffet sucks and my gal's seafood salad was overpriced.

I'll stay clear of there next time.

Did you see the Texas Chili, African Chili, beef chunk chili, cold roast beef, sour cream, potato salad, stuffed potato skins, barbecued chicken, salsa fresca, jalapenos, grated cheese or tomato pesto salad?

I'm sure there are other things, I just can't remember them all.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehouse on soi VC does good dinner buffet for around B 200 everynite;

Perhaps you mean the 'White Night' restaurant on Soi VC? (And no, that isn't 'White Knight').

If so, I agree, the buffet at White Night is pretty good.

I'd also mention Anton's in Naklua. German-ish euro and Thai buffet - for around 200 baht the last time I went (nearly a year ago). Very good.

Edited by astromash

I have gone off shennanigans,went last sunday, 495 for the roast, horrid yorkshire pud, and at 120 baht for a glass of milk they obviously arent after repeat customers,. :o ..
you

You don't like paying 85 baht for a Coca-Cola? Did you get a clean glass, with ice? How could you complain about the exorbitant prices when you got a clean glass to put your milk into? I'm ofteneople surprised by you people who complain about businesses abusing you by charging too much.

You should take it, stiff upper and all that rot. Make sure you leave a hefty tip.

Oh alright then, your round ! :D

Without a shadow of doubt the best value buffet breakfast in APEX on Second Road between Soi Diana & Soi Honey. A good tip is to get there at about 9am before the crowds.

Typically I drink about a pint of fruit juice, eat about eight fried eggs and heaps of bacon. Usually there are four plates on my table before I leave and I have infinite cups of coffee.

I have to be honest I'm not hungry until about 8pm in the evening after that big fill, then. Great value.

Sorry but I have to post to restore some sanity to this forum. I'm not sure if some members are shareholders at BEAFEATERS but I tried their tex mex buffet on the recommendation of this board and IT SUCKS!

For 250 baht there were a few overcooked dry ribs, a plate of salad, cooked hamburger, taco shells and a few chips. What a joke. I can get this type of meal in any western city for less based on taste and value.

Did you see the Texas Chili, African Chili, beef chunk chili, cold roast beef, sour cream, potato salad, stuffed potato skins, barbecued chicken, salsa fresca, jalapenos, grated cheese or tomato pesto salad?

Of everything you mentioned I saw only stuffed potato skins and potato salad. Either they've cut back or its just plain sloppy management as I was there later in the afternoon but still within the hours of the buffet. They still dinged me 250 baht and another 200 baht for my gal's salad. I'm not complaining about paying 500 but I could have forked out a few more hundred and we both could have had a much better buffet or meal elsewhere... very disappointing.

I can get a better buffet in the U.S. for cheaper.

Of everything you mentioned I saw only stuffed potato skins and potato salad. Either they've cut back or its just plain sloppy management as I was there later in the afternoon but still within the hours of the buffet. They still dinged me 250 baht and another 200 baht for my gal's salad. I'm not complaining about paying 500 but I could have forked out a few more hundred and we both could have had a much better buffet or meal elsewhere... very disappointing.

For a good dinner buffet try Diana Inn on Soi Diana. Recommended!

If you want to go all the way, go to the Amari Mantra on a sunday between 11 and 3 its tip top, I love it go there everytime i am in Pattaya.

Love the Sportsman its on Soi 13 (someone had put soi 6 earlier)

The Elephant bar is nice also, nice quiet location, friendly owner.

I also like Pan Pan, but make sure you go to the one on the way to Jomtien.. great italian..

Enjoy

If you want to go all the way, go to the Amari Mantra on a sunday between 11 and 3 its tip top, I love it go there everytime i am in Pattaya.

I also like Pan Pan, but make sure you go to the one on the way to Jomtien.. great italian..

Enjoy

So which of those actually have BUFFETS?

Jingthing.

If you read though the contents you will see it has drifted in and out of buffet and good food places.

So I was just trying to add my little bit of friendly advice while on the subject.

Mantra at The Amari Hotel on Sunday.

And thanks for the comments, thats what realy gets me going on TV people with not much better to do all day than snipe at people who make comments. I have not been on here much until lately for that very reason.

Is that how you get over 8,000 post sniping all day long.

If they didn't have those things, I agree that you got a bad deal. I agree with your comment that the ribs aren't great--I have yet to have good ribs in Thailand--even Bob's BBQ ribs are 'meh' in my opinion, with the Beefeater ribs a close second.

I've been to the buffet at least a dozen times, and while there have been a few times one of the items I have mentioned was not replenished during my visit, that's about it. Their chili is excellent--my wife, who doesn't eat beef, makes an exception for their beef chunk chili. I like all three chilies, especially topped with cheese, salsa, sour cream and jalapenos and eaten with tortilla chips. The cold slices of roast beef are wonderful--tender as can be and perfectly cooked. It is one of the few places I will eat beef in Thailand.

At 200 baht, it was an incredible deal. At 250, it's an excellent deal. Sorry they were out of most things when you went.

You got their too late. The Buffet finishes at 4PM. What do you want a full Buffet just when they are getting ready to close the Buffet. That's what causes prices to go up. Spoiledge. Beefeaters is excellent, but you have to get there oh say between 12 and 2PM.

Barry

Enjoy

There is also a sportsman on soi 6.

Does anyone know if the upper end hotels do the Sunday brunch specials like they do in Bangkok where you can sometimes pay Bt2000 or so (varies fro high 100's to a couple of thousand) and gorge yourself not only on food but on wines or indeed champagne on occasion ?

I've been to a few over the years and if you get there early enough and are in the mood for some booze in a nice setting, then it can be very good value, though not cheap.

wow some of these bars arent worth a light,purely for tourists who want to waste their money or farangs that cant be arsed to try some decent thai grub.

you come half way round the world and go in an irish bar,get a life guys and gals.

I understand what you are saying but some people can't eat only Thai food, particularly the genuine spicy Thai food which burns at both ends.

I actually take a large box of Wheet-Bix with me from home, as well as a large packet of sultanas to add some sweetness and have breakfast in my hotel room most mornings. I keep a box in the hotels storage room in which I have a toaster. I remove all the alcoholic drinks from the rooms refrigerator, replacing them with milk, sliced bread, butter, pineapple juice, Milo and eggs.

I have a buffet breakfast once every week during my Pattaya stay and the other six days per week I eat in my room. I have lunch and dinner outside but mostly western style food.

As strange as it may seem, I mainly eat western food in Thailand and mostly Asian food in Oz.

wow some of these bars arent worth a light,purely for tourists who want to waste their money or farangs that cant be arsed to try some decent thai grub.

you come half way round the world and go in an irish bar,get a life guys and gals.

I understand what you are saying but some people can't eat only Thai food, particularly the genuine spicy Thai food which burns at both ends.

I actually take a large box of Wheet-Bix with me from home, as well as a large packet of sultanas to add some sweetness and have breakfast in my hotel room most mornings. I keep a box in the hotels storage room in which I have a toaster. I remove all the alcoholic drinks from the rooms refrigerator, replacing them with milk, sliced bread, butter, pineapple juice, Milo and eggs.

I have a buffet breakfast once every week during my Pattaya stay and the other six days per week I eat in my room. I have lunch and dinner outside but mostly western style food.

As strange as it may seem, I mainly eat western food in Thailand and mostly Asian food in Oz.

Why do you bring Weet-Bix from home when you can buy them at all major supermarkets in Pattaya?

:o:D

I think the problem with a lot of the Thai in Thailand is that there is not enough protein in it so you tend to get hungry very quickly afterwards and that is why farangs tend to towards the western food because the Thai food is just not filling enough.

My main gripe with the Thai food is that there is not enough vegetables with the food. Typically you get some rice with a minute amount of meat, a lot onions and a few straggly looking vegetables.

As for buffets in Pattaya actually went to Lek Hotel last night and while the food is not great for 180 baht it was a reasonable feed with as much as you could stuff in your gob.

By and large l don't like buffets because i can't really eat enough to make it worthwhile.

Why do you bring Weet-Bix from home when you can buy them at all major supermarkets in Pattaya?

I have a lot of space in my suitcase upon arrival in LOS, so it's no trouble to pack it....

....also, I can buy Weet-Bix in Oz less than half the Pattaya supermarket price. I also take Oz honey with me at a quarter the Pattaya price. It has a much better taste over the local Thai honey.

Sultanas are not so easy to buy in LOS, certainly not in bulk packs anyway.

I don't know whether that makes me thrifty or a Cheap Charlie. :o

I have a lot of space in my suitcase upon arrival in LOS, so it's no trouble to pack it....

....also, I can buy Weet-Bix in Oz less than half the Pattaya supermarket price. I also take Oz honey with me at a quarter the Pattaya price. It has a much better taste over the local Thai honey.

Sultanas are not so easy to buy in LOS, certainly not in bulk packs anyway.

I don't know whether that makes me thrifty or a Cheap Charlie. :D

Hmmm! I think Cheap Charlie! :D:D

What do your Thai lady friends think of breakfast in bed?? :o:D

nags head on second road for good breakfast..cheap n tasty........sizzlers in royal garden plaza for evening buffet...........then after good few drinks on the town finish off the day in a denmark hamburger stand, 2 hot dogs ,coke and fries really cheap and freshly made in front of you ......

Edited by barrybike

What do your Thai lady friends think of breakfast in bed?? :o:D

Breakfast in bed !!!!! Are you kiddin'??? Women are enough trouble as they are, there is no need to spoil them. :D

My better half usually heads off to Soi Post Office to have her breakfast from the food barrows. On those occasions that I do eat the fried mush at the Apex, she'll join me.

Well im sorry to report robins nest was a disapointment, we arrived at 1pm for sunday lunch and all of it was luke warm at best, and the brussels tasted off, .desert was good but all in all not nice, shame,

Gee, I'm sorry to hear this. :o

I hope it was only a bad day and that their usual high standard hasn't dropped. On the occasions that I ate their roast it was early evening and the food was temperature hot.

The owner (English, I think) is usually on the premises during the hours of trade. I'm sure he would have acted swiftly to make sure your meal was up to scratch had you approached him.

Here is what I do every Tuesday morning before heading off to Soi Bukhaw market.

A large buffet salad and a large Chang for 100 Baht!

Simply go to the Friendship Supermarket salad bar and load up a plastic bag with 650 grammes of fresh salad (65 Baht).

Then grab a large chilled Chang from the fridge (35 Baht).

Sit outside at the tables and chairs and enjoy!

PS. The salad bar offers about 25 items including tiny hard boiled eggs and kidney beans for protein.