Obtaining thai nationality

Hi !  

Anybody know how I can obtain Thai Nationality/Passport????

I am presently aged 37yrs and married to a thai national staying with me in india for the past 10 yrs. My wife has got Thai Nationality/Passport and my two sons aged 3 and 10 years are holding thai nationality/passports.

I plan to migrate to Thailand within a year's time and the only thing bothering me is the visa runs that i will have to do. Is there a way that i can obtain a permanent thai nationality /passport so that the problem is permanently solved, since i plan to stay in thailand only.

Somebody told me that there are agents in Bangkok who can get the thing done for you if you pay them their commission, but I am not sure.

Please let me know at the earliest......

You can only apply for Thai residence if you 3 year in a row have a 1 year visa.

This means, as far as I know, that you need to apply for a 1 year visa 3 years in a row.

If you a married to a Thai lady you can get a 1 year visa, if you have at least 200.000 Baht at your bankaccount.

To apply for Thai residence you have to pay a non-refundable fee at 25.000 Baht.

Best regards,

Firstly. give that terrible yellow type a B I G miss. You have no real chance of achieving Thai nationality in the terms of present laws.  Provided you have a demonstrated ability to take care of your Thai family, residency is achievable in the situation outlined above. By the time you make the move, it seems you will need either 400,000 baht in a Thai bank, or a combination of cash and / or income equivalent of that. Good Luck.

Hi!

Thanks for a prompt reply. You mean to say that I need to have a balance of 250K in the bank in india to obtain the non-immigrant visa from here and i guess if i obtain it three times in a row i become eligible for PR in thailand. Do i have to travel 3 times with the visa or just obtaining it for three consecutive years in a row would still make me eligible for PR.

::o: Hi Guys,

Sorry for te yellow color text, but I do not seem to know how to change it to black.

The Good news is that I called up the Consular Section of Thai Embassy in New Delhi, India and they have agreed to grant me a one year multiple entry Non-immigrant "o" visa on the basis of my marriage. Just let me know that can I still try for PR after getting three consecutive Non-immigrant "o" i.e for three years and still not travelling on the visas....