Thaivisa Down Today?

Tornado

A lot of hosts promise "unlimited bandwidth", unfortunately that doesn't mean unlimited connections. :o

When its busy like that its best not to idle when you aren't actively at the computer. Surf away and let others look. It won't affect your ability to reconnect to the site as you won't be able to load new pages anyway if it gets too busy.

cv

He have a very, very heavy load, and the dedicated server we use can't just serve all. The bottleneck is the SQL server. The techs are working with the issue.

Interestingly George, much of that overload came from foreign news sources seeking information that their normal sources couldn't accommodate. TV should be conratulated.

mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='c9e984e67f4139f2ac3a49142603b10f' and ip_address=##########AND browser='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)'

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mySQL error code:

Date: Tuesday 28th of December 2004 08:12:02 PM

Edited by Tornado

It was an extreme load on our server, as the news broke.

And it's still overloaded. I made the mistake of responding to the automatic request to report an 'internal server error' last night - it seems that that is also one of the overload symptoms. It was still getting intermittent mySQL errors a few hours ago.

I call responding a mistake because doing so helps overload George. Sorry about that.

66,000+ views of a single thread in the Disaster Forum. This in a thread that's barely four days old. I don't think there ever has been, nor (hopefully considering the circumstances) ever will be again that kind of load on the server.

Things are easing up now. George has done some upgrades to the link, and the news agencies have caught up.

Two days ago it was insane here, as we were still almost 24hrs ahead of the major networks in the information game, and for those first 24hrs this site was nearly the only game in town as western news agencies were sluggish reporting the story, and local news sites were overloaded.

I think the initial storm is subsiding now and things should be calmer here now.

cv

Edited by cdnvic

66,000+ views of a single thread in the Disaster Forum. This in a thread that's barely four days old. I don't think there ever has been, nor (hopefully considering the circumstances) ever will be again that kind of load on the server.

Things are easing up now. George has done some upgrades to the link, and the news agencies have caught up.

Two days ago it was insane here, as we were still almost 24hrs ahead of the major networks in the information game, and for those first 24hrs this site was nearly the only game in town as western news agencies were sluggish reporting the story, and local news sites were overloaded.

I think the initial storm is subsiding now and things should be calmer here now.

cv

Thanks Vic. It sure has been a difficult time.