Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I take the baby Ninja in for service I reconfirm with the nice folks at Kawasaki that they are still planning to start selling the ER-6N in January 2009. Price still not set in stone, but they're saying it will likely be UNDER 290,000THB icon_lol.gif

ER6NBlk.jpg

Walked over to the Yamaha Big Bike showroom while my bike was getting serviced to get a look at the new Fazer 600.

The FZ6 is one sweet looking rid! :D

fz6_black.jpg

As much as I LOVE the FZ6, there's no way I'm going to throw down 437,000THB icon_eek.gif for the Yamaha if I can get the ER-6N for under 300,000THB. :o

Rumors are that the Thai release of the ER-6N may be delayed :D (as was the release of the Ninja 250R). Only hope they won't keep us waiting too long as I'm really looking forward to this bike. :D

Happy Trails!

Well it would be great if it happened wouldn't it... wouldn't mind one myself :P

w544h408_0000034049768008.jpg

Ohhh yeah, ohhh yeah, you can park that baby in my driveway anytime....I was thinking about a trip to BKK this Friday to check Kawasaki out....sounds like Bigbikebkk has it covered tho. keep the info coming, wonder if we would get a discount for a group order.....oi we'll have six to go! :o:D:D:D:D:wai:

yep i did research...................................if ya dont like it dont buy it.

Allan

Re-read the question Allan, I was talking about the cans on the bike.....ugly cans >>>> is there anything available regarding these yet>>>the bike will do just fine! :o

This bike has been on sale in uk for more than 2 years and has had good all round reviews. I have tested and it is a little small for my taste, I mean size, not cc. Latest price today is £4295, before discounts and 0% finance.

http://kawasaki.motorcyclesdirect.co.uk/De...=339&View=1

This is a good bike but personally I would want something with a little more class/cache.

300k baht, hmmm, at 53/£1, - £5660. Just crazy.

dam_n!

I would buy that bike right away if the fork crown wasn't so ugly :D

Do you think a good mechanic could replace it by the one from the Z750 for example?

thats a bit harsh....you won't buy the bike because the fork crown is so ugly :D

I'd buy the bike & just hope something can be done with the ugly cans. :o

dam_n!

Do you think a good mechanic could replace it by the one from the Z750 for example?

thats a bit harsh....you won't buy the bike because the fork crown is so ugly :D

Mmhhh I'm not sure "fork crown" is the correct word in english but I meant the part where the headlights and the mileometer is.

I don't know what do you mean by "ugly cans" what part is it? :D

dam_n!

Mmhhh I'm not sure "fork crown" is the correct word in english but I meant the part where the headlights and the mileometer is.

I don't know what do you mean by "ugly cans" what part is it? :wai:

Sorry dude....cans = pipes, as in exhaust-muffler.....theres nothing about letting something breathe abit....they are weird looking cans :D on the Kawasaki.

If you look at the new Ducati streetfighter....you can see they are doing some of these oddbod bits....re: fork crown, dash, speedo cover, nose cone...whatever...all the bikes are starting to look a bit freaky...but freaky is ok.....crappy cans thats a NO NO! :D

Cans = muffler

Yes there is around 10 aftermarket cans for the ER-6n, for the headlight... well you can change it to be exactly like a ER-6F which has fairing. Donno the price though... There are some aftermarket stuff as well but I am not sure.

Price is still not known soooo we don't know it yet, just that it will be lower than 290,000,- Baht so let's see. I just hope the price for the Yammie goes down so I can buy that...

Cheers Bard

Ohhh yeah, ohhh yeah, you can park that baby in my driveway anytime....I was thinking about a trip to BKK this Friday to check Kawasaki out....sounds like Bigbikebkk has it covered tho. keep the info coming, wonder if we would get a discount for a group order.....oi we'll have six to go! :D:D:D:D:wai::P

Actually I arrived in Holland yesterday and it's solid fog, cold, grey and mist... I wanna go home to the sunny LOS and mod my Ninja!!! :o

Whenever I get down on Thailand all I have to do is leave for a while to be reminded what a wonderful place it is! :jerk:

I'll be back in late January and will keep my fingers crossed that they'll be taking orders for the ER-6N then. The rest of you will have to keep me up to date!

I wonder how many we would have to order to get a discount???

Ohhh yeah, ohhh yeah, you can park that baby in my driveway anytime....I was thinking about a trip to BKK this Friday to check Kawasaki out....sounds like Bigbikebkk has it covered tho. keep the info coming, wonder if we would get a discount for a group order.....oi we'll have six to go! :D:D:D:wai::P :jerk:

Actually I arrived in Holland yesterday and it's solid fog, cold, grey and mist... I wanna go home to the sunny LOS and mod my Ninja!!! :o

Whenever I get down on Thailand all I have to do is leave for a while to be reminded what a wonderful place it is! :burp:

I'll be back in late January and will keep my fingers crossed that they'll be taking orders for the ER-6N then. The rest of you will have to keep me up to date!

I wonder how many we would have to order to get a discount???

Why do you do it to yourself? I also have to go home in January.....my return flight to Thailand is 2 days after I arrive. I am sure the er6n won't arrive in the meantime :D ....by the sounds of it we may still be discussing this next christmas!

Sorry people,

Currently I believe that somebody in Kawasaki has revised its ideas about the motorcycle market in Thailand, Kawasaki will not introduce any larger models at this point, next revue is up in 6 months.

<deleted>?? Where did you get this info? What is the problem here....they want to build these bikes but they don't want to sell them? SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? :D:o

This is Thailand so probably the whole years stock and then they will give 100 baht off each one..........................if ya remember Tony i wasn't that taken with Kawasaki rama 9 customer service they couldn't even manage to sell a bike to me. even after me telling them that i wanted to buy a Ninja 250 please . although i know you have been happy.

Any way SUPERsonic will see me through until next year and the ER6F/N i want the F. hopefully they will want to sell me one then :o

Allan

Neverdie sorry mate, just a bit grumpy tnite

Regading the pipe on the ER-6N, it's definitely unusual, but I don't find it ugly at all-

ER6NBlack1.jpg

I like naked bikes, but I agree that the front end of the ER-6n is not terribly attractive. There are some very cheap fixes like this:

er-6n-windscreen.jpg

Or this:

Er6nWindscreen.jpg

Also, have you all seen the 2009 ER-6n? Kawasaki has made some cosmetic changes that I think are a great improvement over the older version:

ER6NBlack2009.jpg

Still I think the best solution is slapping on the top fairing from the ER-6f:

Kawasaki_ER-6f_2008_Siyah.jpg

Happy Trails!

This is Thailand so probably the whole years stock and then they will give 100 baht off each one..........................if ya remember Tony i wasn't that taken with Kawasaki rama 9 customer service they couldn't even manage to sell a bike to me. even after me telling them that i wanted to buy a Ninja 250 please . although i know you have been happy.

Any way SUPERsonic will see me through until next year and the ER6F/N i want the F. hopefully they will want to sell me one then :o

Allan

Neverdie sorry mate, just a bit grumpy tnite

No worries Allan....I Neverdie :D

Currently I believe that somebody in Kawasaki has revised its ideas about the motorcycle market in Thailand, Kawasaki will not introduce any larger models at this point, next revue is up in 6 months.

Well, hopefully Richard is blowing smoke again, but TiT, so who knows. He never tells us who he works for, but IMHO sometimes I really think his posts are more manipulative/biased than factual...

I'm still having a blast on the little Ninja 250R and can wait (impatiently) for the ER-6, so it's all good! :o

Dunno, basic economics would predict a hot winner if they sell this bike for more than 100k baht less than Yamaha sells their equivalent. With the D-Tracker/KLX selling like hotcakes it looks like a no-brainer.

Maybe they'll wait for the 2009 model with the prettier headlights - the 2008 looks interesting, but a bit like a monster (and not in a good way)...

Sorry people,

If your right on that, this is not good news.. I was thinking Kwaker pushing would be even more pressure on other manufacturers to improve pricing (FZ6) and pull thier finger out (honda and even maybe Suzuki)..

I mean didnt the 250 launches go well enough, I hear they cant keep those Ninjas in the shop in my local Kwaker.

@Tony, I agree the can is different but not unpleasant, its the 'eye of Sauron' headlight I am not fond off.. Tho the 09 model has made a big improvement while still keeping the main design the same.

Maybe they'll wait for the 2009 model with the prettier headlights - the 2008 looks interesting, but a bit like a monster (and not in a good way)...

Surely sales started next year would be the 09 ?? I mean buying the end of run 08 would be a bit of a downer too.. As word is they can build these fast enough for Europe it doesnt sound like theres many hanging around to need to clear inventory.

Well, hopefully Richard is blowing smoke again, but TiT, so who knows. He never tells us who he works for, but IMHO sometimes I really think his posts are more manipulative/biased than factual...

I'm still having a blast on the little Ninja 250R and can wait (impatiently) for the ER-6, so it's all good! :o

Ding-ding; another person seeing the light.

Archived