Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was out on a ride today and loved my new bike. The only thing missing in my opinion is SOUND. I'm so used to my Yamaha SR and its powerful sound. I always know what gear I'm in and how many RPM she's running at. I miss that feeling on the ER.

Solution: get a slip on muffler.

Now, I don't need anything too loud, just louder than the original one, which wouldn't be difficult to find, as I can probably fart louder than the sound coming from that silencer. Performance is not an issue. Well, hp shouldn't decrease of course. Also, I would prefer not to have problems with the O2 bung and with backfiring.

What mufflers can you suggest?

thank you

• 3 months later...

I been looking for a cheap bike for a couple of month and can not make up my mind.

New Cb300f or a used (2012/13) Er6n/Versus?

I am concerned that the 300 will be too lame for mewhistling.gif

Seen a few 2012/13 Kawa's 650 for sale at about 220K baht which sounds ok to me. A new Er6n is 275K baht I belive, love the look of the latest Er6n.

Will be using the bike for fun mostly and perhaps trips from Pattaya to Koh Chang and back now and again.

Will keep my PCX150 for city use but don't like riding it out on the highway due to lack of power.

The Er6 have been in production since 2005 (I think), when will they stop making it? It still gets pretty god reviews for a fun,easy riding bike.

Thankfully I am not a brand bitch, don't care what it says on the tank as long as it's a good ride.

I been looking for a cheap bike for a couple of month and can not make up my mind.

Seen a few 2012/13 Kawa's 650 for sale at about 220K baht which sounds ok to me. A new Er6n is 275K baht I belive, love the look of the latest Er6n.

Will be using the bike for fun mostly and perhaps trips from Pattaya to Koh Chang and back now and again.

Will keep my PCX150 for city use but don't like riding it out on the highway due to lack of power.

The Er6 have been in production since 2005 (I think), when will they stop making it? It still gets pretty god reviews for a fun,easy riding bike.

Thankfully I am not a brand bitch, don't care what it says on the tank as long as it's a good ride.

You can do much better Guzzi

It is a real buyer market used right now

Many Kawasaki 650 in that years range for 160-180k

Check Thai Dealfish & ER6Thai site

Good Luck

as stated above, kawasaki er series are going for very very good prices nowadays. 150 - 160 k you can find a good old model and around 200 k for the new model.

Just seen a 2010 abs model er6f with some mods (er6f is a better and more flexible bike for Thailand than the naked one er6n) going for 160 k thb! and low kms.

good bargains really. people sell a lot of er6n and f to get honda cbr650f inline four so plenty of kawa er sales around nowadays.

get an abs model though.

also check bigbikemarket fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=758917544169646&set=pcb.719491734771015&type=1&theater

as stated above, kawasaki er series are going for very very good prices nowadays. 150 - 160 k you can find a good old model and around 200 k for the new model.

Just seen a 2010 abs model er6f with some mods (er6f is a better and more flexible bike for Thailand than the naked one er6n) going for 160 k thb! and low kms.

good bargains really. people sell a lot of er6n and f to get honda cbr650f inline four so plenty of kawa er sales around nowadays.

get an abs model though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=758917544169646&set=pcb.719491734771015&type=1&theater

Yes I was surprised when I checked the prices, saw a 2012 er6n in bathsold with 22k km for 180k baht, expat owner.

That is very cheap man, not sure why really, as I still see brand new er6n/f in pattaya with Thai riders onboard and as I said they cost 275k baht now from new, likely in order to try to compite with the cb650f. The honda is more powerfull and is still a brand new model so perhaps more prefer the honda now?

No II2, I want a naked bike man, wind in my face is good for keeping the speed down and I really likes the look of the er6-n.

Well I am still overseas working so I will have to wait for christmas before going shopping for one but can hardly wait.

get an abs model though.

Yes I was surprised when I checked the prices, saw a 2012 er6n in bathsold with 22k km for 180k baht, expat owner.

That is very cheap man, not sure why really, as I still see brand new er6n/f in pattaya with Thai riders onboard and as I said they cost 275k baht now from new, likely in order to try to compite with the cb650f. The honda is more powerfull and is still a brand new model so perhaps more prefer the honda now?

No II2, I want a naked bike man, wind in my face is good for keeping the speed down and I really likes the look of the er6-n.

Well I am still overseas working so I will have to wait for christmas before going shopping for one but can hardly wait.

You might find honda cb 650 naked for around 250 k if you can find one.

But never seen one for sale!

But maybe closer to new year, you might find.

I know your concerns regarding the looks of 650 series and agrer with you but once you sit one them, you will not see the styling of the bike and you will forget as it is a lot of fun!

Er6n abs ones fo as low as 150 - 160 k for the old model and 200 for thr nee one.

A 250-300cc is to small & uncomfortable for that long a run. I have done Patts to Koh Chang 4 times on my Kawi 650 ER6n & it is not bad at all. I bought a gel seat from Pro Pad in the states & it saves your ass on moderately long rides. Comfy from Bang Saray to Pattaya as well. The 300 size you just turn into a human shock absorber & for a few baht more it has lots of beans & comfort to boot.

And like everyone is saying you can get some great deals now especially when someone is hot to buy a 1000cc & get some cash toward a bigger bike or the seller just had a kid & the ole lady tells him to get rid of the scoot to dangerous.

A 250-300cc is to small & uncomfortable for that long a run. I have done Patts to Koh Chang 4 times on my Kawi 650 ER6n & it is not bad at all. I bought a gel seat from Pro Pad in the states & it saves your ass on moderately long rides. Comfy from Bang Saray to Pattaya as well. The 300 size you just turn into a human shock absorber & for a few baht more it has lots of beans & comfort to boot.

And like everyone is saying you can get some great deals now especially when someone is hot to buy a 1000cc & get some cash toward a bigger bike or the seller just had a kid & the ole lady tells him to get rid of the scoot to dangerous.

Thanks for the heads up Beardog.

I think the ER6n will fit my needs nicely and I will be looking to get a 2012/13 model (with abs) when I get home from work just before Christmas.

The Kawa green one is sadly not sold anymore but a paintjob can't be very expensive in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

I been reading though as many reviews/forums as I can find on-line and it looks like the Versus is the bike to get.

All are prasing it for one of the best buget all-round bike money can buy.

I seen a few for sale but I don't think many Thais buy them but more expats due to the high sitting position which is not a problem for me.

A few are complaning about the brakes and clonky gearbox.

One in the UK versus forum have done over 150K km on his and never had any problems, not bad.

Saw one used one for sale at a very high price, if I can't find a good priced 2012/13/14 model with ABS I might buy the new 2015 model, depending on price.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2014-kawasaki-versys-abs-review

http://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?action=forum#c1

http://www.visordown.com/reviews/motorcycles/adventure/kawasaki-kle650-versys-2006---2014/361.html

you could get the new Versys 2015 which comes with better brakes (larger disks) and a larger Tank of 21 liters.

2015 Versys review: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2015-kawasaki-versys-650-abs650-lt-preview.html

Yes there are a LOT of upgrades on the new 2015 model.

Slightly more hp: +5 according to some web pages, new suspension, updated instrumentation, bigger/better looking fairing, better leg room, more load capacity and the things you mention.

It seems Kawasaki have addresed the things owners were complaning most about which is cool, well done Kawasaki.

It looks better too i think.

Now I am waiting for 3 things: Tests reports - how much & when will it be sold.

If you're serious about travelling by bike, good panniers or saddlebags are a must. Of course, if you only ride to the bar and back to show off, you might be led to think they would impede you very masculine juices from flowing. Serious riders know what I'm talking about, though. whistling.gif

Sorry but what complete and utter unadulterated crap. I did a two week tour of northern Thailand with a 35 litre backpack. And down to Sepang MotoGP and back twice with the same.

Now panniers and saddlebags may be useful when touring on a tourer/Hardley with a pillion but good luck getting through any sort of traffic. Hard enough just being on a big bike in traffic, let alone adding extra width.

Here's a recent ride to Khao Yai. My backpack is unusually full as my riding buddy's zip broke on his so I was left carrying his gear also.

Most of the bikes you can see belong to Thai girls. Benellis, er6's, Monster's etc. Thankfully no saddlebags in sight. If Thai girls can tour on big bikes without saddlebags, you can. Then again, maybe not!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403700333.025716.jpg

And for those who have attached a top box to the back of a sports bike. Be very careful. The structure connecting it to the bike has been known to fail at high speeds causing the top box to fall back between the tail section and the rear wheel. Not a good scenario!!

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

A huge drawback with top boxes is that they seriously alter the balance of the bike. Fully loaded it can become very dangerous in the twisties. Having weight that high sticking out of the bike is tricky. Assuming one has bought a good baseplate and brackets for the top box. Yes they are available. Just stick to Givi.

• 6 months later...

Greetings from India! I have purchased the 2015 ER-6n a month ago and the only mod I am keen on carrying out is replacing the stock exhaust with the one with a better sound. I personally like the sound of Two Brothers amongst all others. The TB's cost a bomb here, blame it on the import duties in our country. So while researching about the different exhausts available in the market, I came across a few Indonesian manufacturers, (in this area known as Knalpot) making replica exhausts and selling them at less than half the price of the original ones.These exhausts look decent form the pics and sound pretty nice. My question is, how advisable is it to install a replica exhausts on an original machine? Will installation of a replica exhaust have any negative effect on the engine's performance in the short/long run? I shall be grateful for the expert views anyone will share about on this topic.

P.S.: I also found out that the original exhaust of the 2012 upwards ER-6n is a one piece, so the option of buying a slip-on here is ruled out. One can only buy a full system exhaust for ER-6n bikes manufactured in 2012 and above.

Archived