Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popped in, even better display than last time of entire color selections of ninja and D-Trackers and KLX's.. They have moved the scooters out of the main show space and moved the KSR's to the back..

ER6N.. That got a grin from the manager.. 'coming soon' I ribbed him that he said december 90%.. New year loy % !! Hes laughing and saying still new year now.. Etc etc.. He still thinks hes getting it soon.. When pushed if soon was weeks or months he seems to think soon means weeks.. "January shoo-wa" was his grinning guess.

He also repeated that it will be 270k.. That what he said before, and I double and triple checked that and asked if he 'thinks' thats the price or hes sure thats the price.. Shoo-wa was again the answer..

Tho I get a vibe that he doesnt really have a clue.. And thats Thai best guess.. Friendly chap tho, tried to get me on a d-Tracker test ride there and then.

Popped in, even better display than last time of entire color selections of ninja and D-Trackers and KLX's.. They have moved the scooters out of the main show space and moved the KSR's to the back..

ER6N.. That got a grin from the manager.. 'coming soon' I ribbed him that he said december 90%.. New year loy % !! Hes laughing and saying still new year now.. Etc etc.. He still thinks hes getting it soon.. When pushed if soon was weeks or months he seems to think soon means weeks.. "January shoo-wa" was his grinning guess.

He also repeated that it will be 270k.. That what he said before, and I double and triple checked that and asked if he 'thinks' thats the price or hes sure thats the price.. Shoo-wa was again the answer..

Tho I get a vibe that he doesnt really have a clue.. And thats Thai best guess.. Friendly chap tho, tried to get me on a d-Tracker test ride there and then.

Nice work Livinlos.....I guess January's only got a few weeks to go, we will have to wait and see. :o

The more I look at it, the more that 09 facelift grows on me.. They did only subtle tweaks to the bike, but all round the cumulative improvements make it from a bit ugly to quite tasty IMHO, the previous headlight was pure fugly !!

I would want to ride one, and contrast and compare to the revvy FZ6 to see how much it appealed, I was quite surprised to see it has 60 something hp, v high 90's for the FZ6 and over a 100 for sport 600's.. The Speed Triple is now up to 108... I mean a really old 1990 era 400 puts out 60hp, I know its a twin, and I know it should have more torque pull, but even so ?? Doesnt that sound low on a modern bike ?? Tho maybe the twin feeling is more suited to a 600 sport tourer ??

Either way Kwaker are hitting price points that appeal.. They seem to be the manufacturer making the most effort in the Thai market, tho as Tonys pointed out they could do with some marketing push.

Hi guys, if the ER6N to be in LOS is the new model, a la the Gold one in the previous post, it will be "Wacko the Diddle Oh!" They won't have a spare one to put in the showroom! The changes run to the chassis & swing-arm as well as cosmetics so it will even more enjoyable to ride in the twisties!

The missus called the Kawasaki dealer on Rama 9 about 5 minutes ago and they said the bike was expected for the 25 of January and for a price of not more than 250'000 baht.

It's starting to sound more and more appealing.

Just another week then? My dealer is talking about February.

We'll wait and see.

Apart from the general lack of info from Kawasaki (why on earth can't they put a tiny tiny bit of effort in?), I wonder what colour(s) they will gracefully permit us to choose from?

The Yanks seem to be getting a blue model

http://www.powersportstv.com/2009/Kawasaki...torcycle/31768/

and the Europeans red, white or black

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/ER-6n#/colors/white

The Thai Kawasaki brochure shows a green with a silver motor, which I hope was last years' colour scheme, the black motor is soooo much nicer.

I quite like the blue, but the black looks a whole lot meaner...

Like almost all Japanese bikes, that Kawa has an excellent design. The transformers look will get better in time, I promise, though I already like it. It's like that with any new good design. It takes a while to get used to then suddenly it's fantastic.

Example: What did you think about the Mitsubishi Triton when it came out vs. now?

I might get me one of these once I can ride my D-Tracker without tipping over for 6 months straight. Though at the current rate, it could be a while. I fell victim to the totally predictable sand on the road + oncoming traffic on a tight low speed corner today. Sigh. At least this time I managed to escape without scratches to either bike or rider. Just a bent clutch lever :o

I might get me one of these once I can ride my D-Tracker without tipping over for 6 months straight. Though at the current rate, it could be a while. I fell victim to the totally predictable sand on the road + oncoming traffic on a tight low speed corner today. Sigh. At least this time I managed to escape without scratches to either bike or rider. Just a bent clutch lever :D

Glad to hear your in fine shape..

Just had a brown trousers moment where I knocked it down a gear to overtake on a powerful (new to me) bike that I am not just used to, rear wheel tried to overtake the front one broken traction even with just a bit of throttle.. I really need to adjust riding style for this machine !! Twist of the wrist and its hauling the horizon in. :o

I just rode it...around the car park at kawasaki on rama 9. Sweet... And all for about 225k they are saying

Well, what colours are they going to offer? What colour was the trial bike? And, the big question, did you buy one?

At that price I'll be camping at the door to beat the rest of you!

Yep just got a call from Rama9. 225,000baht they are not sure all the finance details as yet but she thinks it will be 30% down. European colours what ever that means. wow these will fly out the door. i asked about the ER6-f but she still wasn't sure when available. wow.

ok now who want's a CBR250r with book for 67,500 baht :o

225'000!!!!!!!

Is it possible to book one already?

How long does it normally take to get the bike after you paid? For the Ninja for example, how long did you guys had to wait?

Would love to have one ready for Pattaya bike week :o

Yep just got a call from Rama9. 225,000baht they are not sure all the finance details as yet but she thinks it will be 30% down. European colours what ever that means. wow these will fly out the door. i asked about the ER6-f but she still wasn't sure when available. wow.

ok now who want's a CBR250r with book for 67,500 baht :wai:

In that case I guess the colours are, as I posted above,

red, white or black

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/ER-6n#/colors/white

Mine will be black... :o:D :D

(and you'll need to change your name from thaicbr to thaier6n or thaier6f :D :D )

(But are you sure the ER6F is heading this way? My garage said last October that only only the ZX-10R (too much for me and Thai roads) and the ER6N are planned for Thailand)

Now I suppose I'll have to decide whether to keep the little Ninja or not. I hate these decisions.

How long does it normally take to get the bike after you paid? For the Ninja for example, how long did you guys had to wait?

I waited about 30 minutes after paying before I was rolling down the road.

Would love to have one ready for Pattaya bike week :o

You'll have to get in the queue behind me!!!!

post-75132-1232197445.jpg

I just rode it...around the car park at kawasaki on rama 9. Sweet... And all for about 225k they are saying

Well, what colours are they going to offer? What colour was the trial bike? And, the big question, did you buy one?

At that price I'll be camping at the door to beat the rest of you!

It's black..looks the business, and I'll be buying if I can sell my ZR-7S...anyone interested in that?

Thats insane.. When the 225 price was posted I (no offence) didnt believe it.. Now thats confirmed its amazing.. At 280 that was hot.. At 225 its smokin hot.

And I bought another bike this last weekend :o !!! Aint that sods law !!

I reckon this is going to get a LOT of attention.. A big bike, ideal for the terrain, at a price thats appealing.

Archived