Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ninja is a great bike, I hired one for 2 weeks and enjoyed it. However that was long enough to realize that its not the bike for me. It was by far and away the best bike I've ever ridden in Pattaya traffic, but on a longer run it is uncomfortable and hard work up and down the box (unless you're in the zone and giving the bike a proper thrashing, that is what its built for). But riding like that, although exciting is also tiring. As I "tune in" to the bike, I "tune out" of the other pleasures of motorcyling, ie. the scenery, fresh air, sunshine etc.

I have no idea what to expect from the ER6 but when I saw it and sat on it, at 225K it was "where do I sign ?".

Cheers

INTJ the ER6n is a brilliant allround bike, you can't go wrong and with the price it's a bargain in the Thai market. It is not my kind of bike but for an allround bike it is a great bike. Congratulations with the choice, you will enjoy it for sure. You should join up for trips when you get it, it's a lot of fun and you add up tons of bike loving buddies.

Cheers Bard

My Ninjette is as good as sold... :D I shall miss her dearly but she is in good hands here in Chiang Mai!

I'd been thinking that if this sale fell through that I could stash her at Bard's house and tell the missus she was sold. Keep her on the sly for occasional weekend romps, so to speak :D

Ah well- really shouldn't complain as the ER-6n is no doubt going to keep me grinning ear to ear for a long time.

I'll be discussing exhaust options for the ER-6n with Bard, aka "Mr Mod" this weekend over beers :o

Happy Trails!

INTJ the ER6n is a brilliant allround bike, you can't go wrong and with the price it's a bargain in the Thai market. It is not my kind of bike but for an allround bike it is a great bike. Congratulations with the choice, you will enjoy it for sure. You should join up for trips when you get it, it's a lot of fun and you add up tons of bike loving buddies.

Cheers Bard

Gonna get me one of them for def, who needs an estate car now! :o

Sure, if price wasn't an object I'd probably have a BMW 1200GS, but money isn't growing on trees these days and I have yet to get over the ridiculous mark-up on imported motorcycles here in Thailand where the price of one bike here would buy me two at home!

I have the exact same sentiment. I like the BMW, but at double its fair price, it's simply a bad deal. The 2009 lineup of BMWs also looks pretty boring, I don't know what they are thinking with these colors. And there is a slight risk that something would "happen" to these artificially high prices if you'd want to sell your bike in 5 years, say - so you'd lose even more. I guess I am not their target market, e.g. people who couldn't care less if something costs $10k or $30k :o

I've been following this thread with great interest. One all important question to those who have tested the bike is what does it sound like ? Is the exhaust too quiet, are we going to have to buy aftermarket exhausts to get a nice sound ?To the guys who have visited the Kawasaki showroom in Pattaya, where abouts is it. You said on Sukhumvit but where abouts roughly. Anyways I'll be checking it out myself in a few weeks when I get back, have to say though that it sounds just about right to me for thailand roads. I've had quite a few different bikes in thailand and had been thinking a 600 street fighter style was the way to go. The triumph street triple was the one I was thinking of, the ER6N is about 1/3 the price though.

I've been following this thread with great interest. One all important question to those who have tested the bike is what does it sound like ? Is the exhaust too quiet, are we going to have to buy aftermarket exhausts to get a nice sound ?To the guys who have visited the Kawasaki showroom in Pattaya, where abouts is it. You said on Sukhumvit but where abouts roughly. Anyways I'll be checking it out myself in a few weeks when I get back, have to say though that it sounds just about right to me for thailand roads. I've had quite a few different bikes in thailand and had been thinking a 600 street fighter style was the way to go. The triumph street triple was the one I was thinking of, the ER6N is about 1/3 the price though.

Do a quick search on YouTube if you'd like to hear what the stock exhaust sounds like. For me I like the sound but find it's too quiet. I'll be looking for an aftermarket pipe because I think it's rather useful here in the Land of Smiles and oblivious drivers to have a bike that people can hear coming. :o

I've had quite a few different bikes in thailand and had been thinking a 600 street fighter style was the way to go. The triumph street triple was the one I was thinking of, the ER6N is about 1/3 the price though.

you and me both.. 600 fightered sportbike would rock.. The Street triple is about perfect but hard to drop almost 15k GBP on one when a just run in model would be 4k GBP in UK !!

So yes get two bikes a light one and a bigger one, it makes perfect sense to me :D

Still not enough, no way I'm selling the Honda Dream. Need that to get the beer.

Ordered a black ER6N today, they told me about two weeks to lift off.

:D :D :wai::P

And the GF has absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever. I pay the bills around here. She would go before the bikes, and that's final :o:D

This bike has been on sale in uk for more than 2 years and has had good all round reviews. I have tested and it is a little small for my taste, I mean size, not cc. Latest price today is £4295, before discounts and 0% finance.

http://kawasaki.motorcyclesdirect.co.uk/De...=339&View=1

This is a good bike but personally I would want something with a little more class/cache.

300k baht, hmmm, at 53/£1, - £5660. Just crazy.

No problem for me, I get paid in baht, cheap as chips. (top value)

I will order one!

So yes get two bikes a light one and a bigger one, it makes perfect sense to me :D

Still not enough, no way I'm selling the Honda Dream. Need that to get the beer.

Ordered a black ER6N today, they told me about two weeks to lift off.

:D:D:wai::P

And the GF has absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever. I pay the bills around here. She would go before the bikes, and that's final :o:D

You've got the job sorted.

RESPECT!

This bike has been on sale in uk for more than 2 years and has had good all round reviews. I have tested and it is a little small for my taste, I mean size, not cc. Latest price today is £4295, before discounts and 0% finance.

Oh more credit? I thought that is what got the UK into all the mess! :D :D :wai:

But no problem, it is how Brown wants to get out of the mess

:o:D :D

Apologies all around, but just couldn't resist it.

FYI. The wife 'phoned Kawasaki in Korat today to check what's available. No er6n at the minute but expect delivery there in about a week. Strange thing though, they said they would be getting a green model for display, wife queried black, orange etc but they were firm it's a green one coming. Didn't even know green was an option here in Thai....

Price in Korat will be 220-230k according to the person the wife spoke to..... wild guess would say that means 225k :o

FYI. The wife 'phoned Kawasaki in Korat today to check what's available. No er6n at the minute but expect delivery there in about a week. Strange thing though, they said they would be getting a green model for display, wife queried black, orange etc but they were firm it's a green one coming. Didn't even know green was an option here in Thai....

Price in Korat will be 220-230k according to the person the wife spoke to..... wild guess would say that means 225k :o

Well, last year Kawasaki had a 2008 Kwacker Green ER-6n on display, but I can't imagine they'd send that older model to Korat for display, but TiT so who knows. The ER-6n being sold in Thailand is the 2009 model and is available in Black or Orange in Thailand. It's also being made in White, but that color is not being offered in Thailand.

Is Green even an option for the 2009 ER-6n? I know the ER-6f is available in Green, but so far there's no firm commitment from Kawasaki to offer the ER-6f in Thailand... I'd actually prefer the ER-6f and may try to convert my n to an f. Sexy sexy!

big_kawasaki_er6f_2009_04.jpg

Just a tip. Go pay a downpayment. Then decide what color you want.

Nice try Dot, but when you place your deposit they need to know what color you want, duh!

These bikes are selling like crazy. At 225K it comes as no surprise! It's not like you can waltz in a pick your color off the floor.

Because only a few of the mechanics have so far been trained on the ER-6n, Kawasaki Big Bike in Bangkok is only able to set up 3 a day and they told me they are booked solid for the next 30 days! (You'll recall there was a similar issue when the Ninja 250R first went on sale- they train the mechanics in Bangkok first and then the other dealers have to get trained before they are allowed to sell the new bike.)

The kind folks at Kwacker Big Bike were nice enough to reserve bikes for previous customers like yours truly :o As always they are hush hush about actual sales figures, but you have to figure that they're open 6 days a week, and booked solid for the next month so that means they've already received deposits for at least ~70+ bikes just in Bangkok! Wow- there are going to be a lot of ER-6n's on the Thai roads soon!

Kawasaki Big Bike in Bangkok is only able to set up 3 a day

Can only set up three/day?

Apart from connect the battery, pour in approx two whiffs of fuel (why don't they give a full tank free?), screw on a number plate, fire it up, rev the engine a couple of times, check lights, brakes, oil level, tyre pressure and feather duster the dust off, what else is involved in setting it up?

If I was running the garage with that backlog I would have the mechanics on overtime and in on Sunday. In fact, I would also be working to get 'em rolling out the door.

Apart from connect the battery, pour in approx two whiffs of fuel (why don't they give a full tank free?), screw on a number plate, fire it up, rev the engine a couple of times, check lights, brakes, oil level, tyre pressure and feather duster the dust off, what else is involved in setting it up?

If I was running the garage with that backlog I would have the mechanics on overtime and in on Sunday. In fact, I would also be working to get 'em rolling out the door.

You obviously havent seen the speed of some thai workers. You forgot to mention the bike is in a create, it has to be offloaded from its delivery vehicle, unpacked, front wheel installed.....actually some bikes arrive in even more parts than others....ive never even clapped eyes on an er6n in a create. Then they have to eat, fart and scratch around between jobs.....I can easily see that they may only be able to prep 3 per day.....providing that theres nine of them doing it :o

You obviously havent seen the speed of some thai workers. You forgot to mention the bike is in a create, it has to be offloaded from its delivery vehicle, unpacked, front wheel installed.....actually some bikes arrive in even more parts than others....ive never even clapped eyes on an er6n in a create. Then they have to eat, fart and scratch around between jobs.....I can easily see that they may only be able to prep 3 per day.....providing that theres nine of them doing it :o

:D very funny neverdie, but also very true.

Archived