Which Hotel Would You Recomend?

percy2

I'll be in CR for a couple of days in the new year.

Which of these 3 hotels would you recommend?

I'll be driving so I'm not bothered if its a bit out of town.

Thanks

Cheers

I would not recommend any of these. Never heard of the Imperial. Dusit and Le meridien are overpriced and not a lot of fun. I would not want to stay at these however much dosh I had!

Best to stay is Wiang Inn. Right in the city, comfortable, good parking, near the Night bazaar and what other night life there is. La luna, near the old airport is good value too, there's been a previous thread on this hotel. Hope you in enjoy your stay in our fine city.

I'm using air miles for the hotels so cost really is no object and it limits me to these choices.

The Imperial is the Imperial Golden Triangle.

Which I know find is 60km from CR airport.

map_imperial_golden_triangle.jpg

I'm not that bothered about being in the centre of town , I'll have the car , so the nicer the hotel / surroundings the better.

Cheers

I'm using air miles for the hotels so cost really is no object and it limits me to these choices.

The Imperial is the Imperial Golden Triangle.

Which I know find is 60km from CR airport.

map_imperial_golden_triangle.jpg

I'm not that bothered about being in the centre of town , I'll have the car , so the nicer the hotel / surroundings the better.

Cheers

I know it. It used to have another name, forgotten what. It's on the Mekong and new the tourist ridden golden triangle area. Nice location but far from the city.

I haven't stayed at any of them in Chiang Rai but would almost certainly imagine that Le Meridien would be the best if you are looking for a top end stay. Dusit hotels tend to be somewhat dated although the Imperial chain does a fair job except it likely will not be very modern is my guess, based on previous stays at other Imperial hotels. Depends I suppose on what standards you are looking for, if you want somewhere reasonable and just OK the Wiang Inn is OK and relatively inexpensive.

Well to answer my own question.....

Seems the Imperial is quite nice , with great views located right at the Golden Triangle.

2258077970_3afa9eb470.jpg

The Dusit is a bit long in the tooth.

chiang_rai_dusit_island_resort.jpg

Le Meridien is brand new and very nice.

5372_0.jpg

I think my choice will be for the Imperial , though She that Shouts Loudest may lobby for the Le Meridien.

Cheers

Edit: links

Edited by percy2

Dusit for my vote,generally friendly staff,book minibus downtown & vv (although expensive ,saves a soaking),excellent food !
if i was you i stayed at the le meridien

its a new hotel not to far from the city

i have being there a lot the last weeks and its the best place in chiang rai

good english speaking staff nice rooms good food nice view

and the prices are really not that bad

the rest is old and run down places

Yes, I can't understand how anyone could recommend not choosing Le Meridien, especially when you don't have to pay for the stay. Also, it's a brand new luxury hotel with everything that comes with it, far better than the Imperial Golden Triangle. I agree that Dusit is a bit boring so really Le Meridien would be the obvious choice. Also the same owner as the Wiang Inn if you want trivia.

Well to answer my own question.....

Seems the Imperial is quite nice , with great views located right at the Golden Triangle.

2258077970_3afa9eb470.jpg

The Dusit is a bit long in the tooth.

chiang_rai_dusit_island_resort.jpg

Le Meridien is brand new and very nice.

5372_0.jpg

I think my choice will be for the Imperial , though She that Shouts Loudest may lobby for the Le Meridien.

Cheers

Edit: links

The Imperial is old fashioned.

I suggest The Legend in Chiang Rai, view on the Mae Kok river.

We'll be staying at the Shangri La in CM and Le Meridien in CR and another one in MHS that I don't remember.

ISPY

Which Hotel Would You Recomend?, Dusit , Imperial or Le Meridien

Did you read any of the thread?

Cheers

We'll be staying at the Shangri La in CM and Le Meridien in CR and another one in MHS that I don't remember.

ISPY

Which Hotel Would You Recomend?, Dusit , Imperial or Le Meridien

Did you read any of the thread?

Cheers

hv a nice holiday

both hotels r very good

being both of them

the oriental in cm is also amazing its like a movie sett from hollywood

good trip

Ok, first the disclaimer: I work at this hotel, so my opinion in NOT unbiased. Therefore, I won't say much, except to mention that we have just opened, and I believe that our promotional rate is very reasonable for the facilities and services we provide.

If you are inclined to do so, please check out our website and judge for yourself: www.katiliya.com.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with any of the hotels recommended in the responses you have received.

Best wishes!

Edited by espresso

Ok, first the disclaimer: I work at this hotel, so my opinion in NOT unbiased. Therefore, I won't say much, except to mention that we have just opened, and I believe that our promotional rate is very reasonable for the facilities and services we provide.

If you are inclined to do so, please check out our website and judge for yourself: www.katiliya.com.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with any of the hotels recommended in the responses you have received.

Best wishes!

ok cool looks nice

be at your place tomorrow for lunch

love italian food

Hey, the OP asked for a simple pick between 3 hotels, ONLY those 3 hotels, as they were being comped by airline miles.

Seemed simple enough to me....but I'm a simple sort of guy.

I'd go with the new Le Meridien in Chiang Rai proper.

Just my 25 satang.

Hey, the OP asked for a simple pick between 3 hotels, ONLY those 3 hotels, as they were being comped by airline miles.

Seemed simple enough to me....but I'm a simple sort of guy.

I'd go with the new Le Meridien in Chiang Rai proper.

Just my 25 satang.

Me too. I visited Le Meridien recently for a nose about, very nice hotel and IMO much nicer than anything else in CR.

Best wishes!

Is Katiliya open yet? I was there 2 weeks ago....and they had a lot of work to do. Beautiful resort though!

Yes, Katiliya is open and quite heaviliy booked until early January. However, you are quite right in that there is still some ongoing construction and finishing touches to complete. Thanks very much for the kind words -- much appreciated -- feel free to drop by anytime and I think you'll be surprised how far it's come in the last 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...