Tat Exceeds Visitor Target Of 12 Million

george

TAT exceeds visitor target of 12 million

BANGKOK: -- Over 12.4 million foreigners have visited Thailand this year, in excess of the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s (TAT) target of 12 million, TAT Governor Juthamas Siriwan revealed today.

Mrs. Juthamas said that the TAT had been successful in achieving its target figures despite a limited budget.

Next year the TAT is to attract foreign visitors with a campaign entitled ‘Happiness on Earth’, while domestic tourists will be told that no other country matches Thailand in terms of its tourism attractions.

--TNA 2004-12-22

....Mrs. Juthamas said that the TAT had been successful in achieving its target figures despite a limited budget.....

Christmas bonuses all round, eh? Or just for the boss? I wonder how 'accurate' the numbers are. :o TIT

By requiring so many visa runs rather than just renewing incountry, you can get many more "arrivals" per visitor :D .

cv

By requiring so many visa runs rather than just renewing incountry, you can get many more "arrivals" per visitor  :o .

I've always wondered how much the overall tourist arrivals number is skewed by the number of annual entries by shall we say, non-tourists. :D

50 baht says next year it'll drop. But as you can't trust the numbers anyway, I've left 50 baht on my desk for anybody to pick up.

12.4 Million tourists? congratulations. Ok, What percentage are high spending tourist?

I mean those who can spend over $200 a day? I was spending $150 a day when

i used to come on 30 days holiday until few years back.

When i walk in sukhumvit, all i see these days are more, tattoos ,dreadlocks

and muscles.

Edited by ThaiGeared_HighThaied

They weren't in Bangkok thats for sure. This according to some of my friends who own stalls and shops selling goods to foreigners. I remember them constantly complaining that this year was the worst ever for sales with lots of low budget tourist. And I must admit too that I didn't see that many as other years in Bangkok.

Yes, the question remains: How accurate are those figurs?! Are those based on border crossings allone or on incoming visitors alone?!

"Tat Exceeds Visitor Target "

Was there ever any doubt in your mind? :o

This is Thailand afterall, so if the government says it's going to happen it must be true!

I can only imagine what the future will bring. I hope is good for the people of Thailand, but we all know it will be good for TRT first and foremost.

~WISteve