Xmas Shopping In Udon Thani

Lickey

With a difference i suppose,all i would like for Xmas is a nice crusty english bread roll or some german brod, or any un-sweetened bakery bread, please, not tescos french bagette, they are ok, but i really would like a euro style bread from a bakery for a change,

To wake up xmas morning and have a salmon and cucumber crusty roll or smorgasbord or german black/brown bread with cheese & jam would really make my day, and cheese shops/suppliers too would be nice,

Thanks in advance and Happy Xmas to all forum members and readers, Lickey & Pan..

With a difference i suppose,all i would like for Xmas is a nice crusty english bread roll or some german brod, or any un-sweetened bakery bread, please, not tescos french bagette, they are ok, but i really would like a euro style bread from a bakery for a change,

To wake up xmas morning and have a salmon and cucumber crusty roll or smorgasbord or german black/brown bread with cheese & jam would really make my day, and cheese shops/suppliers too would be nice,

Thanks in advance and Happy Xmas to all forum members and readers, Lickey & Pan..

Ahhhhhhhh

Now there you go, wouldn't we al want that?

At least those of us living in Isan.

There was a time Tops had some European/American style food.

There was a time Tesco had some.

Sometimes, Makro has some good French Style Baguettes and stickbread

And to go to Bangkok or Pattaya for obtaining the wanted articles, is going too far

For bread I go to the bakery of Kosa Hotel in Khon Kaen.

Good UNSUGARED bread, German style bread too!

I presume, there might be a hotel or bakery in Udon, making the same thing.

There are more Farang in Udon as in Khon Kaen.

I bake my own bread, when I am in the mood, all the ingredients can be obtained in Tesco.

Next time in Europe, buy yourself one of those bread baking machines.

Chuck in the ingredients, close the lid, switch it on, and lo and behold, after some time there it is: BREAD WITHOUT TOO MUCH SUGAR.

Good luck

Merry Christmas, and all the best in 2009

Dieter's Rauch Kate on Ayduladet Rd., Dieter: 081-263-9011.

Dieter has everything you asked about, plus more. They are closed on Tuesdays (but Dieter will answer his telephone).

Also try Nobi's. Across the street from Udon Day & Night.

Thanks for the replys gents, yes, a bread maker is on the cards, and im trying to grow potatos on the farm, its all part of our western up-bringing i suppose, i really miss good bread and new potatos.

Will call Dieters place tomorrow and do any of you know a shop on the ground floor of charosei complex near Mister Donuts, its supposed to do bread [euro style] its only listed on internet, no pics or details,

Thanks, Lickey..