1 Month Rental Outside Cm While House Hunting

Harmonica

With a one-month temp. rental, I could check out all of CM and find/pick both location and the house of my choice; that's the plan. I hope I'm not dreaming.

Many here agreed that Tawan court is a decent enough place for a one-month base, during which one can search for a LT rental house.

But Tawan court (7,000-8,000 Baht/month) is well within the city. I prefer to be outside during both the initial one-month period and thereafter. BTW, any idea if they (Tawan) would return the 8,000 Baht deposit?

A similar suggestion for outside the city? Upto 30 Km is OK. I have my own wheels.

Irrigation canal road ... any good for finding suitable housing? What about Doitham.com located about 13 Km south of CMU on this road? Received an email quoting 10,000/month for, I believe a 2-bdrm house.

Mae Rim, Mae Jo, Doi Saket road?

Muchas gracias

With a one-month temp. rental, I could check out all of CM and find/pick both location and the house of my choice; that's the plan. I hope I'm not dreaming.

Many here agreed that Tawan court is a decent enough place for a one-month base, during which one can search for a LT rental house.

But Tawan court (7,000-8,000 Baht/month) is well within the city.  I prefer to be outside during both the initial one-month  period and thereafter.  BTW, any idea if they (Tawan) would return the 8,000 Baht deposit?

A similar suggestion for outside the city?  Upto 30 Km is OK.  I have my own wheels.

Irrigation canal road  ... any good for finding suitable housing?  What about Doitham.com located about 13 Km south of CMU on this road?  Received an email quoting 10,000/month for, I believe a 2-bdrm house.

Muchas gracias

Hi Harmonica,

Not sure if the following link will be of any use to you (or you may already have spotted it).......

http://www.chiangmairealty.com/rentshortterm.htm

I've been looking for something similar for a look-see stay, but actually DO want something in/very near to the city. Do you mind passing on your info about Tawan Court? By the way, when are you intending to be in CM? I'm currently planning to be there for about a month sometime around end of January/start of February........

Best wishes - including for Christmas (late now) and for New Year's.

Steve

Edited by Steve2UK

But Tawan court (7,000-8,000 Baht/month) is well within the city.  I prefer to be outside during both the initial one-month  period and thereafter.  BTW, any idea if they (Tawan) would return the 8,000 Baht deposit?

A similar suggestion for outside the city?  Upto 30 Km is OK.  I have my own wheels.

Irrigation canal road  ... any good for finding suitable housing?  What about Doitham.com located about 13 Km south of CMU on this road?  Received an email quoting 10,000/month for, I believe a 2-bdrm house.

Muchas gracias

Hi again Harmonica,

Just realised that Tawan Court is a regular hotel - as opposed to having a one-bedroom apartment (condotel?)/small town-house as I'm looking for.........

Steve

Hi Steve,

Happy New Year and may it be a prosperous one for you.

About Tawan Court, you're right.

I could be up there anytime between Jan 1 and Jan 31 -- alot depends on whether I'm going to sell all my stuff or ship it.

If you're planning to ship to CM from the Phuket area, the name/# of the transport outfit would be a big help.

Best of luck

Steve,

Thanks for the link.

Their quoted prices seem to be for the tourist types and the word "Foreigners" appears too many times on various pages of the site. This is probably why I moved on after first encountering it a while back.

CM expats here have made it abundantly clear that some very nice houses can be had for between 5,000 and 10,000 per month. I'm trying to stick as closely as possible to their general template except for the pollution factor, which is still an unresolved negative for me.

The name TONG @ (09)756-8137 (an expat rec) sticks out as one of the more reliable fellows for house hunting help. He replied to my email and said that he has about 42 houses (and perhaps townhouses?) in his rentalbag; the prices seemed very reasonable (as stated in the prev. para).

Goodluck