Request To Mod About Pinning

tvaddict

Hi- sorry it's not the usual topic starter but more a request to the moderator of this forum

I think it would be a good idea to have the topic called:

Poll: Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

pinned at the top so that everyone sees it when they open this forum

presently half way down page 2 it is not so usefully placed and few people open it

however the poll would be really interesting to read in the future if it's still getting added to

i don't know how to pin it or even if the mod agrees- but a request anyhow

by the wya does the moderator live in this region too and if so in which amphur? just curious

Poll: Eastern Thailand Forum--where Do You Live?

pinned at the top so that everyone sees it when they open this forum

Seems like a good idea

i don't know how to pin it

At this present moment you can't.

by the wya does the moderator live in this region too and if so in which amphur? just curious

I am fairly sure there isn't one in the locale but a few can be found in the 'Den of Iniquity', up the road in Pattaya :o Only joking guys, crickey I will need my flak jacket on for that one :D

Moss

Eastern Thailand forum doesn't currently have an individual moderator assigned. Moderation duties fall to the entire Thai Visa moderator team.

Pinning a topic can only be done by a mod or admin.

It does appear that the Eastern Thailand foreigner population is fairly sparce, leave it with me and I'll think about pinning suggested topic or starting a similar topic (not a poll) and pinning that.

thanks soundman,

are you also aware that the eastern thailand forum is the only one without a shortcut connection from the thaivisa homepage ( on the far left )- you have to click on Forum ( top right icon) to enter the forum and then scroll down to local area forums and choose eastern thailand

could we please get the link like others do - some people may never know we exist due to this missing shortcut!

thanks soundman,

are you also aware that the eastern thailand forum is the only one without a shortcut connection from the thaivisa homepage ( on the far left )- you have to click on Forum ( top right icon) to enter the forum and then scroll down to local area forums and choose eastern thailand

could we please get the link like others do - some people may never know we exist due to this missing shortcut!

OK, I'll pass that on to admin.

About a "Where do you live? What do you do in Eastern Thailand?" pinned thread:

It is really up to you guys who use the forum.

If you would like me to pin a topic, register your support in this thread.

Note: I would prefer not to pin a poll though.

Pls. Note that Eastern Thailand theoretically includes every Jungwat from SraKaew/Prachinburi through to Trat (Koh Chang).

Thanx. :o

What's the reasoning behind this Sounders? I personally think it would be a good idea, the fact it is a poll, on the face of it makes little difference, unless there is an admin problem.

Like you say, there are not many of us about, resident or non.

Moss

What's the reasoning behind this Sounders? I personally think it would be a good idea, the fact it is a poll, on the face of it makes little difference, unless there is an admin problem.

Like you say, there are not many of us about, resident or non.

Moss

No admin problem that I'm aware of moss.

I might be completely off the mark here, however, I feel that pinning a poll would lead to eroneous results with visitors to the site, who are not residents or don't have interests in Eastern Thailand, clicking on anything to see the result and therfore completely defeating the purpose of the poll.

If you guys really want the poll thread up the top no problems, or a new thread with the postings from the poll thread moved to the new thread, no problems, or a completely new thread - up to you! :o

Cheers, and happy new year BTW. :D

in my opinion-

i would like it pinned simply out of curiosity

if this was the pattaya thread or the bangkok thread or the phuket thread then you know that all people live in a geographically small area-

for eastern thailand though it's a bit more 'unknown'-- the slightly less travelled path so to speak

indeed the thai visa people also obviously have a little less knowledge of this area of thailand too-

demonstrated in the fact that there is no moderator from this region plus the fact that this thread was originally a Kho Chang thread only for a long time- with very little usage-

only since becoming an Eastern Thailand thread has the number of topics and readers increased to a level worth its

placement in the forum board at all

one thing i would say though is that it may, as i said in an earlier topic, be a good idea to rethink the names in the poll to give a clearer picture, instead of Rayong we could have Kilo Sip, Ban Chang, Mabtaput, Rayong Town, Klaeng, etc- what do you think?

anyway, thanks soundman/ mossfin for you support

happy new year

demonstrated in the fact that there is no moderator from this region

This is more likely due to the reduced numbers of TV members in the area, in fact, when it was originally formed George asked for any members willing to put themselves forward, there were no applicants as far as I know.

plus the fact that this thread was originally a Kho Chang thread only for a long time- with very little usage-

only since becoming an Eastern Thailand

Although it was originally called the Kho Chang Forum, it always had this by-line

Forum for Koh Chang and The Eastern Seaboard beyond Pattaya
and after a few requests for clarity, evolved into the Eastern Thailand Forum

Happy New Year

Moss