Somatic Experiencing

StrongView

Has anyone heard of anyone doing Somatic Experiencing in Thailand? My wife was in a major car accident 10 years ago in the US and sustained a traumatic internal brain injury. She has (since then) not been able to get to REM sleep, and almost not even sleep at all without the aid of drugs. About 8 months ago, she went to the US to try a therapy called "Somatic Experiencing" (I can't go into the details of the treatment, because I don't fully understand the methods, but you can get details searching the web for "somatic experiencing Peter Levene") for about 3 months and it helped tremendously. Because of quickly reduced funds, my wife needed to return to Thailand. It would be incredibly perfect if anyoen practices this treatment in Thailand so my wife could continue, because her sleeplessness has returned. Does anyone know about anybody practicing this here?

There appear to be none certified in Thailand.

The nearest is in Japan. much closer than the US.

Morioka, Hisako

1-3-11 Naka-meguro #503

Meguro-ku, Tokyo

153-0061 Japan

Work Phone: 81-3-3792-4870

Fax: 81-3-3792-4870

Email: [email protected]

SE Level: Somatic Experiencing Practitioner

Professional Title: Holistic Health Consultant

Professional Description: Body-mind integration, Pharmacist, Barbara Brennan Healing Science Practitioner, Movement teacher (based on Continuum).

Here is a link: it seems to take 3 years and many classes to get certified.

http://www.traumahealing.com/registry.html

Good luck.

That is all!

While this exact technique isn't available nearby, there are for sure 2 psychologists certified in a related technique called EMDR in Phnom Penh. EMDR uses uses rapid eye movements & other body/mind linkages to help process trauma...especially helpful for post-traumatic stress disorder and things like that. I can vouch for them based on my own experience & that of close friends. There might also be people trained in this in Thailand but I don't know, suggest you email the ones in Phnom Penh and ask them as they would know of anyone certified in Thailand. The 2 in Phnom Penh are:

Jane Lopacka email [email protected]

June Cunningham email [email protected]

If it turns out there's no one in Thailand your wife might consider traveling periodically to Phnom Penh, it's not that expensive and both of these therapists are flexible about scheduling for people who are in & out of the country. Good luck.

Has anyone heard of anyone doing Somatic Experiencing in Thailand?  My wife was in a major car accident 10 years ago in the US and sustained a traumatic internal brain injury.  She has (since then) not been able to get to REM sleep, and almost not even sleep at all without the aid of drugs.  About 8 months ago, she went to the US to try a therapy called "Somatic Experiencing" (I can't go into the details of the treatment, because I don't fully understand the methods, but you can get details searching the web for "somatic experiencing Peter Levene") for about 3 months and it helped tremendously.  Because of quickly reduced funds, my wife needed to return to Thailand.  It would be incredibly perfect if anyoen practices this treatment in Thailand so my wife could continue, because her sleeplessness has returned.  Does anyone know about anybody practicing this here?

• 14 years later...