Tr visa

A few weeks ago there was a thread about correct dates of TR visa utilization, (I have a nine month use by date on my 3 entry TR). After my visa run to Laos on 29/Aug/03 (second entry utilized) I visited immigration in Nong Khai to check if my 9 month Visa was correct.

The official said that the date was correct because it had been issued, stamped and signed by a bona fide representative of the Thai government (The Thai Consulate in Birmingham) and as such would be honoured, he also said that the nine months would be to allow for extensions of 30 days for each of the 3 entries purchased (making a total of 9  months).

Having  seen the posting of someone in Chiang Mai who was refused an extension of his visa recently it would seem that the various immigration offices have their own rules and Nong Khai seems to be a good place to visit for Visas and extensions.  :o

PREM R, I think you answered a question for me before,but just need to confirm. I hope to go to Thailand for 6 mths+ from mid October. When you applied for your visa in Birmingham what exactly did you tell them you wanted, did you tell them the duration you wanted to stay etc. Just want to make sure I ask for the right thing and say the right things.

Thanks

Royal Thai Consulate

c/o Smith Keen Cutler, Exchange Buildings, Stephenson Place, B2 4NN

Tel 0121 643 9481

Fax 0121 449 3334

Hi Roguetrader,

The above are the details for Consulate in Birmingham, they are open only in the mornings (around 9.00 am-11.30 am).  If you visit the consulate you fill in the application form for a Tourist (TR) visa and state how many entries you wish to purchase (it would appear that you can now get up to 4 entries on one TR visa)   The Hull Consulate   Website (www.thaiconsul-uk.com) states:-.

Please note that all visa fees have been revised by the Government of Thailand and the following fees become effective on all applications received on and after 01 September 2003:-

Tourist Visas  Single Entry £25.00

Double Entry £45.00

Triple Entry £60.00

Quadruple Entry £70.00

Non-Immigrant Visas Single Entry £40.00

Multiple Entry £90.00

Each entry will give you 60 days in Thailand, which may possibly be extended by a further 30 days (1900Baht) at immigration offices in Thailand.

Recent postings on Thaivisa would suggest that Birmingham is still very 'friendly' towards people applying for visas so I do not expect you will have any problems.

Birmingham Consulate also offers visa application by mail, if you want to use this service I think you should phone them  for an application form and more details (if you have far to travel to Birmingham it may be wise to phone in advance  anyway).

Hope this is of help