BANGKOK
PeaceBlondie

New Models For The Thai Market

Not the Tiger Boxer 250, Kawasaki Ninja 250, Honda CBR150R, etc. Let's post most of the rumours and speculations of the unreleased bikes here, please.

Comments posted in the above threads may be transferred here. Thanks.

I'm out of the country and would love any news on the release of the Kawasaki ER-6n. As recently as the Chiang Mai Bike Week Kawasaki was still saying it would go on sale in Jan '09 but no firm date or firm price but 'promised' by the sales manager that it would be in the 280,xxxTHB range. Anyone have time to stop by their dealer and inquire? Thanks and Happy Trails!

With all respect, I was hoping to see this PINNED thread SOLELY for NEW BIKES in the THAI market, like the ER6N.

Now, inside of 24 hours, 90% of posts have turned it into a discussion of a wish list and comparing prices of accessories.

No discipline around here, none whatsoever.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

What about the Hyosung 250cc range, I was told that Hyosung has opened a office in Sukhumvit?

d_hyosung_gt250r.jpg

9_hyosung_gt250.jpg

f_hyosung_gv250.jpg

Does anyone think it's significant that AP Honda have taken the link to their Big-Bike page off of the homepage.

The coming soon on the products page has been there for quite some time and if you can read Thai you'll notice that there are quite a few threads asking about when the Big Wing will open, which no one from Honda is able to answer satisfactorily.

Truth or rumours abourt Honda Big Bikes?

I just heard Honda coming this year, and "maybe next month" :D

Nothing clear about this...

:o

Well Richard there is nothing on the Hyosung website about Thailand. so have you got any further details?

Allan

Hi Allen,

No future information, other then a address in Sukhumvit Rd. and a being told by a not so reliable source that Hyosung rented space on the 30th Bangkok motorcycle. The address is correct, the office is indeed Hyosung... on the motorcycle in Thailand question we got a no answer... matter of fact it went silent and after some waiting we we got disconnected. Second time we called the same thing happened... Even after we called in English, we where places in hold... and after a few minutes discounted...

So I cannot confirm anything.. other that Hyosung has a office in Sukhumvit

Rumors is that Yamaha will move out the FZ6N and FZ6R to Thailand, not sure but that is the rumor anyway. The FZ6R would be a cheap R bike priced around the FZ6 S2 currently sold, and would I guess be an attempt to have a model to be interesting for super sporters who would enjoy the 400 odd thousand prize for it versus the R6 and Ninja 6 which is now around 600 odd. They might also come out with a de-tuned FZ6N as in Europe to be more price efficient versus the ER6. All rumors but it would be good, especially since it is so easy to re-tune it again to full S2 spec.

Cheers Bard

The "de-tuned FZ6N as in Europe" comment...

In the UK (kinda Europe :o) they have the FZ6N S2 no ?? I heard france has some bhp regulations limiting it, as of course does the 33 bhp limits that learner riders have.. But the FZ6N doesnt normally come with a detuned engine v the FZ6S does it ??