New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

I'm out of the country and would love any news on the release of the Kawasaki ER-6n. As recently as the Chiang Mai Bike Week Kawasaki was still saying it would go on sale in Jan '09 but no firm date or firm price but 'promised' by the sales manager that it would be in the 280,xxxTHB range. Anyone have time to stop by their dealer and inquire? Thanks and Happy Trails!

With all respect, I was hoping to see this PINNED thread SOLELY for NEW BIKES in the THAI market, like the ER6N.

Now, inside of 24 hours, 90% of posts have turned it into a discussion of a wish list and comparing prices of accessories.

No discipline around here, none whatsoever.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Does anyone think it's significant that AP Honda have taken the link to their Big-Bike page off of the homepage.

The coming soon on the products page has been there for quite some time and if you can read Thai you'll notice that there are quite a few threads asking about when the Big Wing will open, which no one from Honda is able to answer satisfactorily.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Allen,

No future information, other then a address in Sukhumvit Rd. and a being told by a not so reliable source that Hyosung rented space on the 30th Bangkok motorcycle. The address is correct, the office is indeed Hyosung... on the motorcycle in Thailand question we got a no answer... matter of fact it went silent and after some waiting we we got disconnected. Second time we called the same thing happened... Even after we called in English, we where places in hold... and after a few minutes discounted...

So I cannot confirm anything.. other that Hyosung has a office in Sukhumvit

Rumors is that Yamaha will move out the FZ6N and FZ6R to Thailand, not sure but that is the rumor anyway. The FZ6R would be a cheap R bike priced around the FZ6 S2 currently sold, and would I guess be an attempt to have a model to be interesting for super sporters who would enjoy the 400 odd thousand prize for it versus the R6 and Ninja 6 which is now around 600 odd. They might also come out with a de-tuned FZ6N as in Europe to be more price efficient versus the ER6. All rumors but it would be good, especially since it is so easy to re-tune it again to full S2 spec.

Cheers Bard

The "de-tuned FZ6N as in Europe" comment...

In the UK (kinda Europe :o) they have the FZ6N S2 no ?? I heard france has some bhp regulations limiting it, as of course does the 33 bhp limits that learner riders have.. But the FZ6N doesnt normally come with a detuned engine v the FZ6S does it ??

Kawasaki big bike Thailand have just changed their website to the "2009 line up"

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/productlineup_09.html

Ah that's cool that they finally updated their site- I was giving them a hard time at the Rama 9 shop just a few weeks ago that the ER-6n that they're selling was missing from their site. ZX10R and ER-6f coming soon! Happy Trails!

The "de-tuned FZ6N as in Europe" comment...

In the UK (kinda Europe :o ) they have the FZ6N S2 no ?? I heard france has some bhp regulations limiting it, as of course does the 33 bhp limits that learner riders have.. But the FZ6N doesnt normally come with a detuned engine v the FZ6S does it ??

It actually comes in 3 versions all over Europe, S2 full power 98 bhp, detuned for tax and insurance reasons to 71 bhp (Non S2) and learners 33 bhp versions. UK included just read up on 2 wheel only mag... So you can get the S2 still anywhere in Europe, and the detuned actually puts out a tad over 80 bhp, and is easy to fix to S2 spec.

Anyways there is a new model out now as the main complaint about the FZ6 was it was to revvy and not a beginner friendly bike due to the race engine take off from 7000 rpm, they claim the FZ6 will be experienced as the best bike in the world by a beginner until he opens her up, then they shit themselves. So therefore mainly did they release the 71 hp version. The new model (forgot the name think it is Diversion or something) looks more funky and has the 71 hp engine from the detuned FZ6. Due to the whinging that it was to agressive for a multirole bike... Beats me but...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
From the worlds number 8th of Motorcycle producers soon you can witness the introduction of the 250cc V-Twin Lifan LF250-B a 250cc V-twin cruiser motorcycle in Thailand..

Is this bike even worth considering???? No reason to buy "crap on wheels" even if it is cheap crap.

What about the Yamaha Elegance 150 cc and the Yamaha Star 250 V that people (I think that you are one of them) say are coming soon??? I would have gotten a new Honda PCX if I hadn't read that the new Elegance 150 cc was "coming soon to a theatre near you".

And what about the Honda Phantom in 2010? Will it be fuel injected or dropped, since I have read that all Hondas in 2010 will be fuel injected?

Thanks.

I never talked about a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 150, do not believe it is coming also, the Yamaha V-Star 250 is a real option its made in Malaysia and the ASEAN-FTA makes it really easy to move smaller then 250cc motorcycles around the ASEAN region. I not see Lifan as a company who sells crap or low-quality, Lifan sells its products around the world without problems (including the Lifan LF250-B which is also sold in the USA).

If I compare the Lifan LF250-B with a Honda Phantom TA200 I need to say that the Honda looks cheaper with all that fake plastic covers...

Anyway not everybody will be willing to pay the price Yamaha will likely ask for the V-star 250... then this people have a few alternatives...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

From the worlds number 8th of Motorcycle producers soon you can witness the introduction of the 250cc V-Twin Lifan LF250-B a 250cc V-twin cruiser motorcycle in Thailand..

Forgive me if I am wrong but they are already onsale opposite Big C in Surin

Any news on any kind of new sports bike model coming between the Suzuki Raider and the Kawasaki GPZ 250 in terms of price and/or power?

I don't really want a Honda PCX or a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance.