New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

I thought I would pitch in with the new Honda SuperCub 110i which was released a month ago. It is basically a Wave 110i with the front disk brake downgraded, no underseat storage and Cub Plastics We bought one when we arrived (the week it came out) which confused the hell out of any Thai that took a second look at it because it looks like the bike their grandad had, but was shiny and new.

I intend to write a full review as soon as I have a bit of time, but it is totally refreshing to ride after my VFR800! So far I would avoid the Honda accessories because they aren't nearly as well made or thought out as any Honda accessory that I have seen before.

9113263152_cd9d99c9a8_z.jpg
IMG_2280 by Flamejob, on Flickr

9113320684_73acc7ddb8_z.jpg
IMG_2356 by Flamejob, on Flickr
We bought it from Sumet Cycle, which I would highly recommend so far; speak to Brian who was very patient with us.

it looks great. especially love those leather saddlebag.

and blue yellow is the best color choice.

how is the power of the engine?

happy rides and give us some feedback at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to KTM, they are saying the Duke 390 won't be released her until next year and have no details on pricing yet.

If the 390 was a small increment to the price of the 200 as in Europe I was thinking of opting for that as it might represent reasonable value for money. It is a pain not knowing what the pricing is going to be as I don't know whether I should wait or just go for the 200.

I just spoke to KTM, they are saying the Duke 390 won't be released her until next year and have no details on pricing yet.

If the 390 was a small increment to the price of the 200 as in Europe I was thinking of opting for that as it might represent reasonable value for money. It is a pain not knowing what the pricing is going to be as I don't know whether I should wait or just go for the 200.

they are made in india so triple the price of ktm 390 india and you reach something approximate. i am guessing, it might be around 300 k as ktm 200 is 200 k thb here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Honda scooter with a 150cc engine been anounced - looks more expensive than the cheap Clicks

http://www.aphonda.co.th/product/2013/HondaSh150i/index.asp

I think I have seen those in Europe. They are a bit larger (also larger wheels I think) than your average Scoopi. Perfect for us heavy farangs thumbsup.gif .

The SH is the real world model for Honda and they they could not make a better move introducing it to Thailand. Look at the yell saying "N. 1 in Italy" on the main page, it is also the most stolen scooter over there. The optional trunk is also "Design in Italy", and it looks nice even with the (virtually unknown in Thailand) windshield. Can someone explain what are other three accessories ?

The ESP is a fantastic engine and with the full plane footrest this is the scooter that one wants for uncompromised mobility, practicalness and short trips. Well done Honda, it took you 20 years but then you did it.

[edit] Just saw the price. Overpriced. But if noney is not an issue, it is in my opinion, the best scooter one can buy.

Edited by paz

• 2 weeks later...

New Honda scooter with a 150cc engine been anounced - looks more expensive than the cheap Clicks

http://www.aphonda.co.th/product/2013/HondaSh150i/index.asp

I think I have seen those in Europe. They are a bit larger (also larger wheels I think) than your average Scoopi. Perfect for us heavy farangs thumbsup.gif .

The SH is the real world model for Honda and they they could not make a better move introducing it to Thailand. Look at the yell saying "N. 1 in Italy" on the main page, it is also the most stolen scooter over there. The optional trunk is also "Design in Italy", and it looks nice even with the (virtually unknown in Thailand) windshield. Can someone explain what are other three accessories ?

The ESP is a fantastic engine and with the full plane footrest this is the scooter that one wants for uncompromised mobility, practicalness and short trips. Well done Honda, it took you 20 years but then you did it.

[edit] Just saw the price. Overpriced. But if noney is not an issue, it is in my opinion, the best scooter one can buy.

Can't see the price on the website. How does it compare to PCX150?

Edited by TheScribe

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys !!

Do you know that all the range of MV Agusta bikes are available now in BKK !! You will see the new "Rivale", the efficient SBK F3, and more with the F4RR.

They can provided the service too.

Just go to Kunka Corp Company Limited : MV Agusta and KTM Shop at following adress : 2222, new petchaburi Road - Huaykwang- Bangkok

Have a look, nice shop

JP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Story in unmentionable newspaper has Yamaha NMax 155 ABS scooter to be sold in Thailand.

post-41898-0-41412900-1440898437_thumb.j

Also, Yamaha now has MT-03 ABS on their website for 177,000:

Link>>> MT-03 ABS

The story also mentions that many new models will soon be announced by Yamaha for Thailand market.

Edited by Issanman
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all respect, I was hoping to see this PINNED thread SOLELY for NEW BIKES in the THAI market, like the ER6N.

Now, inside of 24 hours, 90% of posts have turned it into a discussion of a wish list and comparing prices of accessories.

No discipline around here, none whatsoever.

humans....

Not impressed with the new NMax, PCX still out in front.

can you expand on that comment?
PCX has more under seat storage, just didn't think it looked as good as PCX.
Well what did you think of the 155cc, and the added horsepower, and the dual disc, and the antilock brakes? I thought the looks were similar to the pcx.