New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

For those Ducatisti in Thailand, last night there was a big party at Ducati Thonglor for the unveiling of the new 2012 1199 Panigale, the heir to Ducati's illustrious production superbike racing heritage. The bike presented was in Ducati Red of course, and was surrounded onstage by Thai hotties in small black leather dresses working to match the bike's visuals, while an Italian exec made a few pronouncements. As I understand that they've sold over a thousand bikes in Thailand last year, Ducati must be more than pleased with their decision to open an assembly plant in Thailand to build Monsters, and an as-yet unannounced second model, for the Asia markets. The vibe was very laid back & celebratory with everyone very friendly and having fun. I didn't count, but scores of Ducatisti rode in for the event, their beautiful bikes lining the entryway.

The bike itself, is a show-stopper. With an aggressive, but taughtly integrated design with no elements out of place or tacked on to sate a marketing department, Gianandrea Fabbro's design clearly shows its 916/1098 lineage while sidestepping any visual references to the controversial-in-its-day 999 sibling. Like an athletic supermodel packing 195 horsepower, the Panigale beauty brings the highest power-to-weight ratio of any production machine.

Technology fairly bristles from around its smooth fairings with a monocoque frame, single sided swing-arm and under-slung exhaust pipe perfectly integrated into the lower right fairing. A nice bit of cleavage is the sexy aperture mid-fairing to flash a bit its massive exhaust pipe.

In all, a great party, some high-level bling & beauty in evidence. I can't wait for the roll out party for the still-secret Next Thailand-Assembled Model, coming in a few months! Following are my iPhone pix of the event, the 1199, as well as two of the First Ducati, the Cucciolo - a bit of Ducati History and a very rare bike.

post-111479-0-59523200-1330230968_thumb.

post-111479-0-84849300-1330230983_thumb.

post-111479-0-98001200-1330231011_thumb.

post-111479-0-68676700-1330231032_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Mbike super motard 200 has arrived in Chiang Mai. Nobody has mentioned this bike except a motorcycle related site, here in Thailand, that posts prices as well, and that article was 14 months ago.

Anyway, Mbike's brochure indicates that Sym, Sym of Taiwan (and many scooters) is a player. Bike itself seems to be sound, disks fore and aft and nice cables, but of course nobody knows. 52,000 baht, all in. A big shift from Ducati, but then Sym is not bankrupt.

Mbike super motard 200 has arrived in Chiang Mai. Nobody has mentioned this bike except a motorcycle related site, here in Thailand, that posts prices as well, and that article was 14 months ago.

Anyway, Mbike's brochure indicates that Sym, Sym of Taiwan (and many scooters) is a player. Bike itself seems to be sound, disks fore and aft and nice cables, but of course nobody knows. 52,000 baht, all in. A big shift from Ducati, but then Sym is not bankrupt.

Sorry, but i do not really understand. You are talking about the MBike Delta200? Sure its only 52,000Baht? That would be cheap! But why should Sym be bankrupt? And what has Ducati to do with Sym? Did i miss something? Thanks

Sorry, but i do not really understand. You are talking about the MBike Delta200? Sure its only 52,000Baht? That would be cheap! But why should Sym be bankrupt? And what has Ducati to do with Sym? Did i miss something? Thanks ~ wantan

Yes, it's that bike, though I didn't know it as a Delta. Severally, three of us have confirmed the price - here and now, and speculated (given a posting saying that it was going to be 72K) about an introductory price - but came to no conclusions. Clearly, given that 125 auto scooters are selling for more or much than 52 more nowadays, the Delta might well be a good price.

I referred to Dukati only because the earlier contribution (#61) was all about Dukati. My my remark was meant to take notice of it while radically changing gears, but I added (failed again, it seems) an attempt at humor - they have nothing to do with each other, particularly as Dukati is looking for a financial saviour.

Sorry about my xrossed wires.

OK, thanks for reply. I wasn't expecting humor here in this serious thread wink.png

I always thought the MBike Delta Motard would be around 70,000 Baht. For 52k maybe someone here wants to buy it and tells us how it is? smile.png

Here a picture of this cheap little motard bike:

post-129800-0-05032600-1331405819_thumb.

Where is the Mbike being sold in ChiangMai?

If one drives in toward town (Keow Narawat, extends from 118) from the superhighway, it is just past the Bus Station, almost immediately on the left. Last I was there, it had large "Sym" display hanging above.

Edited by CMX

Where is the Mbike being sold in ChiangMai?

If one drives in toward town (Keow Narawat, extends from 118) from the superhighway, it is just past the Bus Station, almost immediately on the left. Last I was there, it had large "Sym" display hanging above.

Thanks, CMX. I'm not really thinking of buying one but I'm curious to drop by & see the Sym bikes in the flesh, as it were.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to hear some official information released from Honda about the new CRF250L that supposedly was to be released in Thailand in March.

I saw it at the BKK Motor Show - it was pretty homely/cheap looking, to my eye. but with some aluminum bits, paint, stickers, proper suspension and a hack saw to the tail light booger, and it could maybe be made to sing.

• 1 month later...

Back in Oz for a short holiday. Called in to my friendly Yamaha/Husqvarna dealer to say "Gidday mate" and 5 minutes later I am doing a demo ride on a Nuda 900! The new Nuda 900R looks way better to me with the Red/White/Black paint scheme, but the test bike was a Nuda 900. Spec's pretty close for both. A 10km ride on wet and sometimes slippery roads isn't the best.....but for me it felt good to ride, sharp handling and in the wet road setting plenty of power. Here the Nuda 900 is Au$13,995 and the the R is $15,995.

Do we have a Husky bike dealer in LOS?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is this Kawasaki model coming to Thailand soon? http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/zrx1200daeg/index.jsp

A few units have just arrived in Malaysia and I managed to get one; amazing retro looking bike with tons of power. But no accessories available yet so was hoping Thailnd would get and develop some after market gear...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Sym Enduro 200 M-Bike. 54,500B Made in Taiwan.

No Thai website for Sym that I am aware of. So far I only know of 3 dealers. Mityon Pattya, one in Patong on Phra Barami Rd opposite the gas station, and one in in Bangkok at 14/13-16 Soi Rong Muang Road, Pathumwan.Probably many more. They seem to be sold with Lifan and Keeway so those websites dealer lists are probably good for Sym.

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzU5LmpwZw.jpg

2011-08-16170431.jpg

These may be motard versions. Not sure. Engine looks a bit different.

QCJHUfm4lp0328110348.jpg

NoSeckUese0328110348.jpg

No Thai website for Sym that I am aware of. So far I only know of 3 dealers. Mityon Pattya, one in Patong on Phra Barami Rd opposite the gas station, and one in in Bangkok at 14/13-16 Soi Rong Muang Road, Pathumwan. Probably many more. They seem to be sold with Lifan and Keeway so those websites dealer lists are probably good for Sym.

I'm curious if anyone has one and how the quality is. I'm starting a thread for it here: http://www.thaivisa....-m-bike-54500b/

Edited by NomadJoe

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for a Honda CN700X, the new model from them. They show being available in Thailand, but haven't found one yet (north Thai).

Looks like a great bike for here with the right tires. If you have seen or know where, please post and pm me.

Thanks much

• 3 months later...

Anyone knows if or when those models will be sold in Thailand?

Suzuki TU250

Suzuki-TU250-2011_i05.jpg

Honda VTR 250

840307.jpg

I think they both look great and would be perfect for my use (beginner riding in phuket).

Probably never. If Suzuki starts assembling bikes here my guess is that they will bring in new models with FI. It wouldn't make any sense to offer an import 250 since the price would be too high.

Honda wouldn't bring in the VTR because it would take customers away from the other 250s Honda offers.

I had the carbed VTR for a couple of years here in TH and really enjoyed it. It's not a CBR600R of course but since 95% of the traffic is 100 to 150cc I felt like on a racer.

Top speed was a bit over 140km/h and it cruised fine all day at 120km/h. It's perfect for backroads where going more than 80 is risky because you don't know what's around the bend - potholes, buffaloes or a truck on the wrong side of the road.

The VTR handled really nice and was a great bike for the money. I've had lots of bigger bikes I forgot about, but the time on this little rocket was big fun!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I thought I would pitch in with the new Honda SuperCub 110i which was released a month ago. It is basically a Wave 110i with the front disk brake downgraded, no underseat storage and Cub Plastics We bought one when we arrived (the week it came out) which confused the hell out of any Thai that took a second look at it because it looks like the bike their grandad had, but was shiny and new.

I intend to write a full review as soon as I have a bit of time, but it is totally refreshing to ride after my VFR800! So far I would avoid the Honda accessories because they aren't nearly as well made or thought out as any Honda accessory that I have seen before.

9113263152_cd9d99c9a8_z.jpg
IMG_2280 by Flamejob, on Flickr
9113320684_73acc7ddb8_z.jpg
IMG_2356 by Flamejob, on Flickr
We bought it from Sumet Cycle, which I would highly recommend so far; speak to Brian who was very patient with us.
Edited by flamejob

I thought I would pitch in with the new Honda SuperCub 110i which was released a month ago. It is basically a Wave 110i with the front disk brake downgraded, no underseat storage and Cub Plastics We bought one when we arrived (the week it came out) which confused the hell out of any Thai that took a second look at it because it looks like the bike their grandad had, but was shiny and new.

I intend to write a full review as soon as I have a bit of time, but it is totally refreshing to ride after my VFR800! So far I would avoid the Honda accessories because they aren't nearly as well made or thought out as any Honda accessory that I have seen before.

9113263152_cd9d99c9a8_z.jpg
IMG_2280 by Flamejob, on Flickr

9113320684_73acc7ddb8_z.jpg
IMG_2356 by Flamejob, on Flickr
We bought it from Sumet Cycle, which I would highly recommend so far; speak to Brian who was very patient with us.

What price you pay Flamebob, looks nice and would be nice to drive around the village.

I thought I would pitch in with the new Honda SuperCub 110i ....

What price you pay Flamebob, looks nice and would be nice to drive around the village.

I think it was 43.000THB I was doing everything in GBP in my head so, without looking at the paperwork, I couldn't say exactly blink.png

I thought I would pitch in with the new Honda SuperCub 110i ....

I think it was 43.000THB I was doing everything in GBP in my head so, without looking at the paperwork, I couldn't say exactly blink.png

Thanks i just did a search looks like around 42,000 thb.