New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

Not impressed with the new NMax, PCX still out in front.

can you expand on that comment?
PCX has more under seat storage, just didn't think it looked as good as PCX.
Well what did you think of the 155cc, and the added horsepower, and the dual disc, and the antilock brakes? I thought the looks were similar to the pcx.

Guess I'm just a Honda man, hoping the Forza 125 will come out here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the Honda CRF 250 Rally may be available next year. More of a restyled CRF 250 L with accessories than a new model - but looks good.

Reports of the 'Rally' name being registered by Honda. Shame it's not getting the 300 motor.

I just googled the 250 rally and have to agree with you on both counts. It is a sweet transformation but I do wish they would up the engine to a 300.....or perhaps a 450cc. Now that would be the bike to have and Im sure a lot of Falang would be creaming their pants to get hold of one.

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with my current 250.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Honda CRF 250 Rally may be available next year. More of a restyled CRF 250 L with accessories than a new model - but looks good.

Reports of the 'Rally' name being registered by Honda. Shame it's not getting the 300 motor.

I just googled the 250 rally and have to agree with you on both counts. It is a sweet transformation but I do wish they would up the engine to a 300.....or perhaps a 450cc. Now that would be the bike to have and Im sure a lot of Falang would be creaming their pants to get hold of one.

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with my current 250.

They already do - It's called a CRF450X..... just wish it was available in Thailand :(

Even an XR400 available locally would be something!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This new aerox 155 from Yammy looks interesting.  I think they have a winner here.  Probably handles better than the pcx while still offering good road manners.  Nice fat tires.  Good styling.  Running on 14s with 110 and 80 width.  ABS available.  This is a better bike than the nmax but the price?

Edited by losworld

• 2 weeks later...

Honda Thailand have finally released the CRF250 Rally. Saw one in the Big Wing shop in Chiang Mai today.  Very nice looking bike but unsure if it was the stock standard Rally or the H2C version.

Standard Rally will retail at about 163k whereas the H2C will be around 184k. Apparently the Rally gains an extra 2hp over the bog standard 250L.

I've yet too find what the difference is between the standard Rally and the H2C version.

But at 184k or thereabouts I'd be inclined to get a CB500X at 220k....a bit more grunt although a completely different bike.

• Like 1

Mornin all. A bit of info please.

I thought all Yamaha exciters only available in 4 colors. White, Blue, Red, Yellow. Have spotted one in a dealers showroom, Black with Green trim & decals. Is this a standard Yamaha color ? Or some special model maybe ?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2016/12/14 at 6:01 PM, kannot said:

looks  like Triump rip offs  to me

Or maybe a slash - Yamaha SR ripoff? But with an 800cc engine is quite big. Not a fan of Kawa personally, but also not have the cash for a Truimph! 

Also the VANVAN 200; We had something similar in my home country - called the Yamaha TW200. Total little monsters .... anyway, its seems that he VANVAN is a mix between the TW200 and the Yamaha AG200 (we called the AG the poor' mans Ténéré, they were unbreakable!). At 129Knot a bad price ... I will spray my tank white!

11 hours ago, douglasspade said:

Or maybe a slash - Yamaha SR ripoff? But with an 800cc engine is quite big. Not a fan of Kawa personally, but also not have the cash for a Truimph! 

Also the VANVAN 200; We had something similar in my home country - called the Yamaha TW200. Total little monsters .... anyway, its seems that he VANVAN is a mix between the TW200 and the Yamaha AG200 (we called the AG the poor' mans Ténéré, they were unbreakable!). At 129Knot a bad price ... I will spray my tank white!

Crikey now that brings back memories... when bikes started to come onto the farm scene my dad was not too keen in getting these 'death traps' onto the property.  As kids we were looking forward to the day that he would finally relent as it would mean no more running behind the tractor/truck/bulldozer.

But when that day come we were a bit disappointed.  Hoping to get something that was at least in the 250cc range was exciting, however dad decided to start small (And thats also where he finnished).  His pick was a new Yamaha AG100.  What a gutless piece of the proverbial that was.  Sure all us kids (6 of us) gave that bike hell.  We used to take the baffles out of the pipe in order to try and make it run faster....didnt work it was just noisy as hell.

And for all the years of climbing fire breaks out in the hills, dumping the bike in mud holes, flipping the bike cause the hill was too steep I was surprised how well that little bike survived.  It wasnt a rocket by a long shot even though it was 2 stroke.  The centre of balance was terrible but as kids we tried to do the impossible with that bike.  If dad knew exactly what we got upto sometimes I think he would have turned in his grave (Or given us a damn good hiding).

The other problem was that due to its unbreakable design it was also a rather heavy bike for a small motor.

Not sure how the VanVan rates in that regard, although it does remind me somewhat of the other Suzuki the RV90 and RV125.  Great little bikes in the sand as they had really fat tyres.  Th RV90 being a bit under powered as well.