New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

I know the most efective braking is done by applying the front brake but I wish even these nostalgia bikes had rear disc brakes.  So much easier to replace disc pads than drum shoes.

Nice pipes on that Stallion but Id be a bit worried about ground clearance when cornering/laying the bike over. Perhaps somethiing like the Ducati scrambler pipe would be more practical... hard to say just by looking at a photo though.  But a nice looking bike nevertheless.

9 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

I know the most efective braking is done by applying the front brake but I wish even these nostalgia bikes had rear disc brakes.  So much easier to replace disc pads than drum shoes.

Nice pipes on that Stallion but Id be a bit worried about ground clearance when cornering/laying the bike over. Perhaps somethiing like the Ducati scrambler pipe would be more practical... hard to say just by looking at a photo though.  But a nice looking bike nevertheless.

Thanks, I too think it is a good looking bike. No problem so far on ground clearance. Been over some major speed bumps with no problems and will not be taking it off road. I think rear disc brakes are over rated as when you apply braking much of the bike weight is shifted to the front of the bike hence front disc brakes. With less weight on the rear of the bike the drum brake is sufficient to lock up the wheel on emergency braking at least it is on a light bike like mine at 160 kilos. The only situation a rear disc would come in handy is under constant breaking like on a track where the high braking temps would diminish the drum brakes or on a big heavy bike. Just MHO. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CMKiwi said:

Yes the R15 looks good but its still only a 150cc bike..... not enough power IMO.

I do not see any opportunity in Pattaya where I can use even 155cc bike in full power. Most of the roads there are safe to drive 60 kmh. Sukhumvit can be faster up to 100kmh. Still not enough to reach  max speed of 155cc bike. Only road Pattaya - Bangkok is a place where you can drive really fast.

• Like 1

new-triumph-bobber.jpgYes please:

570k baht or about the same as Honda's Africa Twin, but okay comparing those bikes is a bit silly.

Not possible to fit a passenger seat, tiny small 9 lit tank but all reviewers are raving about it, so fun to ride apparently.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Hope to have a T120black soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

After my last Harley touring bike, I swore to myself that I will never have a bike with lots of chrome again, riding though one small puddle of water and I could spend one hour polishing, no thanks.

A black one you can just wash down and it looks like new again but I do like the red/grey one, I must say.

I am waiting for a Triumph dealer here in fun town and I will sell my Versys and count my money, and then ..........................

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

On 24/01/2017 at 3:02 PM, DILLIGAD said:

a4de50601c714a9278297f969ac3e3a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add another 50k ish for those pipes and silencers probably. Those new 1200 motors are getting rave reviews, big torque numbers,  SOHC not DOHC too. Nice bike...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2017 at 6:05 PM, Rdrokit said:

Just took delivery of this Stallions Scrambler 400 today. I always wanted a BSA Gold Star but I don't have deep pockets. The Stallion 400 is a product between Stallion Motorcycles Thailand and one of the largest Chinese motorcycle manufacturer Shineray Motorcycles. The engine is a 400cc air-cooled overhead cam four-valve single cylinder, that has a lot technical resemblance to the engine of the Honda XBR500 from the '80s, of course some things have changed. To clean up exhaust emissions, the engine now has electronic fuel injection. The bike is so new there are only a few reviews out there but they are good reviews. Total price was 116,900 and then added another 8,000 for the custom dual exhausts. Will keep updates posted on the Stallion thread.

IMGP0050-002.JPG

Good on you mate, I like the retro look. Keep us posted... I still like the CB 500 X...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 6:44 PM, leonidpattayski said:

I do not see any opportunity in Pattaya where I can use even 155cc bike in full power. Most of the roads there are safe to drive 60 kmh. Sukhumvit can be faster up to 100kmh. Still not enough to reach  max speed of 155cc bike. Only road Pattaya - Bangkok is a place where you can drive really fast.

......55555.... come on.... any side road will do.... 

Edited by Rhys

On 2/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Yeah, 74 is a similar number to a well sorted 1200 Sporty. What is more impressive are the torque figures, more than 75 lb ft. I'm never that interested in bhp numbers, lb ft is what does it for me, and where.

Jesus 74HP on a 900CC engine ;

Did they forgot to feed the horses on the road and most of them starved to death or what !?

15 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Air cooled.

Pushrod operated valves ie OHV.

2 valves per cylinder.

Long stroke.

Proper engine. Big difference to, say a Z900.

It's all about torque, and where it's made...

So your point is?

My point this

Edited by Pepper9187