No F.a Cup In Thailand

bangkok blue

Without flying back to the UK, where could I go and watch the Forest / Derby replay and KNOW for sure it will actually be shown? I am not super-rich, but have enough spare cash and free flights etc... to go somewhere local to Thailand.

I actually read in a previous post that the PFC bar in Soi Reggae Koh Samui may be showing it. I know that bar, near the Reggae Bar. Any thoughts. I live in Pattaya, but would be prepared to travel if it is DEFINITELY being shown.

A bar in Bangkok would be easier though.

By the way, I have just a slow Internet connection - so I cannot use that.

Thanks for any thoughts.

IF the Game itself is actually on Mate, then the PFC will 100% show it.

I'll try to get him to see this thread & comment so he can let you know when he knows the schedule..

thanks for this really kind offer. Sadly now that Liverpool have a reply on the same night I have given up trying to see this game. I have been 'caught' like this before whereby I have sat in a bar for 4 hours waiting for a game to come and and then another 'more popular' game being shown instead. The worse case of this was when a Spurs fan came to stay with me in Pattaya and I took him to a bar in Jomtien, Shenanigans or some large pub. Manchester United versus someone or other was also playing that day, so I asked about 10 times during the 4 hours we were there if it the Spurs game was being shown.

As you can guess, come kick off and it was the Man U game that they showed. The owner suggested I talk to the other people watching the TV and if they agreed he would turn it over - t***t.

So I have no hope Derby/Forest will be shown anywhere.

Never mind, there is a good chance the Forest/Man United game will be on in the next round :D:o

Well don't give up just yet, if the Game's on Mate then i'm pretty sure that Nick will show it however it don't help you're right with the Bindipping Derby..

I will get in touch with Nick though as i say & ask him to keep you informed so keep checking this thread Mate..:D

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jintana said, "This is its first time that they bid for the football matches' broadcasting rights."

But, in one of the emails I received from the FA, Stuart said:

For the record the contracted party The FA had in place have a strong track record and have distributed both European Championships and World Cups in Thailand for the last 8 years.

I wonder if this scenario is possible;

1) M-League secured the rights through a profit sharing agreement with no upfront fees to the FA.

2) M'League agreed to pay the FA the first XXX baht of any distribution agreement, keeping any profit over the XXX.

3) M=League could not get any broadcaster to pay enough to cover their agreement with the FA.

4) M- League claimed they owe nothing to the FA, since they did not resell the rights.

Speculation of course, but it's the only way I can see M'League not trying to get any revenue at all by reselling the rights.

Edited by Twin

• 3 weeks later...
Without flying back to the UK, where could I go and watch the Forest / Derby replay and KNOW for sure it will actually be shown? I am not super-rich, but have enough spare cash and free flights etc... to go somewhere local to Thailand.

I actually read in a previous post that the PFC bar in Soi Reggae Koh Samui may be showing it. I know that bar, near the Reggae Bar. Any thoughts. I live in Pattaya, but would be prepared to travel if it is DEFINITELY being shown.

A bar in Bangkok would be easier though.

By the way, I have just a slow Internet connection - so I cannot use that.

Thanks for any thoughts.

IF the Game itself is actually on Mate, then the PFC will 100% show it.

I'll try to get him to see this thread & comment so he can let you know when he knows the schedule..

thanks for this really kind offer. Sadly now that Liverpool have a reply on the same night I have given up trying to see this game. I have been 'caught' like this before whereby I have sat in a bar for 4 hours waiting for a game to come and and then another 'more popular' game being shown instead. The worse case of this was when a Spurs fan came to stay with me in Pattaya and I took him to a bar in Jomtien, Shenanigans or some large pub. Manchester United versus someone or other was also playing that day, so I asked about 10 times during the 4 hours we were there if it the Spurs game was being shown.

As you can guess, come kick off and it was the Man U game that they showed. The owner suggested I talk to the other people watching the TV and if they agreed he would turn it over - t***t.

So I have no hope Derby/Forest will be shown anywhere.

Never mind, there is a good chance the Forest/Man United game will be on in the next round :D:o

:D:D:D

For those of us still in the Cup :o - don't suppose you have heard and groundbreaking news that this weekends games will be shown?

Jimbo, you must be getting Bars with the Astro Feed showing the Games in BKK no ??

I've got some Convict Friends from Sydney in BKK on Saturday looking for the West Ham Game which is Live on Super Sport on the Astro Feed, we have had them showing it on Samui in certain Bars & i wondered if you could let me know where to send my Convict Friends for the West Ham Game ??

They've contacted Gullivers already bt it's a no go, they're talking about the Penalty Spot who are alleged to ahve it but i know that's had some dodgy reviews but when needs must ??

Edited by MSingh

For those of us still in the Cup :o - don't suppose you have heard and groundbreaking news that this weekends games will be shown?

Jimbo, you must be getting Bars with the Astro Feed showing the Games in BKK no ??

I've got some Convict Friends from Sydney in BKK on Saturday looking for the West Ham Game which is Live on Super Sport on the Astro Feed, we have had them showing it on Samui in certain Bars & i wondered if you could let me know where to send my Convict Friends for the West Ham Game ??

They've contacted Gullivers already bt it's a no go, they're talking about the Penalty Spot who are alleged to ahve it but i know that's had some dodgy reviews but when needs must ??

Come to think of it there is an aussie bar on 7/1 that has Astro but our game is 3 am or something here and if I am out in that part of the city at that hour its either a case of...

1 Too pissed to see the game and in deep do do with the mrs

2 Got lost and stumbled into Eden and never made it out

3 Thought they move foodland

Come to think of it there is an aussie bar on 7/1 that has Astro but our game is 3 am or something here and if I am out in that part of the city at that hour its either a case of...

1 Too pissed to see the game and in deep do do with the mrs

2 Got lost and stumbled into Eden and never made it out

3 Thought they move foodland

Dispicable... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well as my contact, Mr Stuart Turner has gone into hiding thought I'd contact Jintana who works for the Nation and has been covering this.... Her respnse below....

Dear Clive,

As far as I know there is no hope to watch the FA match this year. The latest I talked to a guy from TRUE he said we may be able to watch the final match as TRUE is trying to get the license.

Two weeks ago I have read an executive of the ADAMAS firm's interview in a Thai newspaper. He admitted that he cannot find a channel to broadcast the FA matches. He blamed the economic reason. He said he had to lost Bt40 million collateral.

Let's keep finger crossed!

jintana

Load of cack imo.... Not to mention that it effects England hom qualifiers! Although have noticed that Supersport 3 will cover the Man U Vs Everton match 9pm Thai time... so at least that means it'll be more accessable in bars.

If I have any more news will let you all know...

Well last night during the TRUE intermission from the early Liverpool kick off TRUE advertised showing the FA Cup semi finals live on the football TRUE channel 3.

Am sure they will follow the same kind of coverage as with their premiership and have english commentary, alternatively in Thai too.

So again well done BB for your efforts.

Assume also TRUE will also have the final live as mentioned above.

Well last night during the TRUE intermission from the early Liverpool kick off TRUE advertised showing the FA Cup semi finals live on the football TRUE channel 3.

Am sure they will follow the same kind of coverage as with their premiership and have english commentary, alternatively in Thai too.

Yes,I've seen this notice a few times now. Arsenal v Chelsea on Truesport 3.....hope its true..(excuse the pun)

Are you sure that wasn't for the forthcoming league game? I can't see it on my True program schedule

I hope you are right however