No F.a Cup In Thailand

bangkok blue

This story has made the news in Thailand. Hope for all of you in Thailand this means something good:

link to The Nation story

No hope for "David versus Goliath" matches for Thai fans

By By Jintana Panyaarvudh

[email protected]

Published on January 18, 2009

It was a pity that football fans in Thailand had their hopes of watching live "David versus Goliath" matches in the FA Cup, the world's oldest football competition, dashed...

continued here:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent today to the FA and Post emails listed in this thread:

I know you have experienced difficulties with FA Cup distribution in Thailand.

I wanted to echo the thousands of others who are disappointed the FA originally signed a contract with a company with no track record of distribution here.

Please try to make this issue a priority, as we all hope to see the action this weekend.

By the way, did ESPN Star even bid on the FA Cup for distribution in Thailand? Did TrueVisions, the cable company which holds the rights to the Barclay's Premier League?

Thanks for your attention.

BIG NEWS ! ! !

I just received this email from Stuart Turner at the FA:

Many thanks for your advice.

For the record the contracted party The FA had in place have a strong track record and have distributed both European Championships and World Cups in Thailand for the last 8 years. However due to the economic and political climate in Thailand, the party was not able to meet its financial obligations to The FA and we have therefore sought alternative partners. These discussions are on-going but to ensure that we do not miss another weekend of FA Cup action, we have arranged for ESPN Star Sports to carry 8 live games this forthcoming weekend. We trust this eases your concerns.Unfortunately, I’m not able to reveal who originally bid for The FA rights due to confidentiality reasons but rest-assured we are working hard on a permanent resolution for the benefit of all Thai fans.

Kind regards

Stuart Turner

Edited by Twin

BIG NEWS ! ! !

I just received this email from Stuart Turner at the FA:

Many thanks for your advice.

For the record the contracted party The FA had in place have a strong track record and have distributed both European Championships and World Cups in Thailand for the last 8 years. However due to the economic and political climate in Thailand, the party was not able to meet its financial obligations to The FA and we have therefore sought alternative partners. These discussions are on-going but to ensure that we do not miss another weekend of FA Cup action, we have arranged for ESPN Star Sports to carry 8 live games this forthcoming weekend. We trust this eases your concerns.Unfortunately, I’m not able to reveal who originally bid for The FA rights due to confidentiality reasons but rest-assured we are working hard on a permanent resolution for the benefit of all Thai fans.

Kind regards

Stuart Turner

good work to all who pushed them! now hopefully it will happen as mentioned in the letter.

Fully understand that mate,however when the F.A Cup WAS available in thailand the matches were always listed as live on the truevision live schedule search, channels 65 espn and 66 start sports are on that list.

PST.

Fully understand that mate,however when the F.A Cup WAS available in thailand the matches were always listed as live on the truevision live schedule search, channels 65 espn and 66 start sports are on that list.

PST.

Gotcha, but as i would assume that this is pretty recent news, i'd honestly doubt if True would have updated their schedules yet, that's even if they know that it will be shown by ESPN/STAR it at this stage, which isn't a gurantee !!!!

Would appear to be good news that the games will be shown and we will know in the early hours of Saturday morning with the early game.

(Derby vs. Forest 2:45am Sat morning Thai time)

Congratulations are in order in particular to Bangkok Blue(BB) for initating this thread and his subsequent efforts.

So I nominate BB for a Special Award.

Cannot give him an Oscar as one C.Ronaldo has that.

The Noble "piece" prize?

Well West Ham are not bad so will not want to kick bits out of one of their players.

So I nominate BB for the Thai Visa Football Person of the Month, January 2009.

He faces opposition of course:

Darren Bent for his heading abilities in helping Porstmouth get a point; and all of those at Manchester City who despite offering Kaka 500,000 pounds per week could not persuade him to go to Manchester.

So:

Well Done BB!

Edited by Zodiac

Would appear to be good news that the games will be shown and we will know in the early hours of Saturday morning with the early game.

(Derby vs. Forest 2:45am Sat morning Thai time)

Congratulations are in order in particular to Bangkok Blue(BB) for initating this thread and his subsequent efforts.

So I nominate BB for a Special Award.

Cannot give him an Oscar as one C.Ronaldo has that.

The Noble "piece" prize?

Well West Ham are not bad so will not want to kick bits out of one of their players.

So I nominate BB for the Thai Visa Football Person of the Month, January 2009.

He faces opposition of course:

Darren Bent for his heading abilities in helping Porstmouth get a point; and all of those at Manchester City who despite offering Kaka 500,000 pounds per week could not persuade him to go to Manchester.

So:

Well Done BB!

Dont forget Zaki, his miss was worse

As you all already know we have had success in getting the FA cup on here.... I also received this e-mail from stuart turner yesterday...

Hi Clive

The FA are still in the final rounds of negotiation with a couple of interested parties in Thailand but to ensure that we do not miss another weekend of FA Cup action, we have arranged a stop-gap measure which will see ESPN Star Sports carry 8 live games this forthcoming weekend. We trust this eases your concerns.

Rest-assured, we are working hard on a permanent resolution for the benefit of all Thai fans and I look forward to be able to communicate this to you in the fullness of time. In the meantime, enjoy this weekend!

Best

Stuart

Well done to everyone for jumping on the bandwagon. Enjoy the footy this weekend!

As you all already know we have had success in getting the FA cup on here.... I also received this e-mail from stuart turner yesterday...

Hi Clive

The FA are still in the final rounds of negotiation with a couple of interested parties in Thailand but to ensure that we do not miss another weekend of FA Cup action, we have arranged a stop-gap measure which will see ESPN Star Sports carry 8 live games this forthcoming weekend. We trust this eases your concerns.

Rest-assured, we are working hard on a permanent resolution for the benefit of all Thai fans and I look forward to be able to communicate this to you in the fullness of time. In the meantime, enjoy this weekend!

Best

Stuart

Well done to everyone for jumping on the bandwagon. Enjoy the footy this weekend!

i feel like i should buy you a beer but with a name like bangkokblue....nah :o

well done all concerned. Goes to prove mob rule does work

'pressure group', not mob rule. :o

well done everyone who mailed and harangued to get this sorted, and particular props to bangkok blue for kicking it off.

Well done to BB. Hope you guys get to watch the games this weekend.

i'll enjoy it so long as we put everton in their bloody place mate. :o

here are my tips for this weekends action.

LP 2-1 over Everton (you are due)

MU 3-2 over Spurs - both teams are hurting at the back but we owe Harry big time, should be fun to watch.

well done all concerned. Goes to prove mob rule does work

'pressure group', not mob rule. :o

well done everyone who mailed and harangued to get this sorted, and particular props to bangkok blue for kicking it off.

Well done to BB. Hope you guys get to watch the games this weekend.

and a thank you from me as well. I have also thanked the FA for 'pulling their thumbs out" on our behalf.

Well done everybody! A little bit of good news amongst all this gloom! OK I m biased (Forest fan) but reckon Derby v Forest could be the tie of the round! Billy Davies ex Derby now managing The Reds, Nigel Clough ex Forest (Who we still love!) now managing Derby, plus the fact that the two teams are sworn enemies!!

Hi Clive

Best

Stuart

Well done, mate.

I honestly thought it would be like p#ssing in the wind, but you proved me wrong.

Thanks

Looking at the ESPN schedules for the coming weekend there are only 6 matches listed not 8 as the FA state. Those are at Derby, Hartlepool, Man U, Cardiff, Liverpool and one not yet decided.

There are matches only on ESPN as STAR will be covering the Aussie Open.

Not that that detracts in any way from the achievement of getting any cup football to watch. I think we all deserve a pat on the back, and a big THANK YOU to the FA for getting something moving.

Derby V Forest tonight at 02:45 = 1-1

Hartlepool V West Ham tomorrow at 19:40 = :o

Doncaster V Villa tomorrow at 22:00 = 0-2

Kettering V Fulham tomorrow at 22:00 = 0-2

Man Ure V T*ttenham tomorrow/sunday at 00:15 = 46-0

That's what Football Forecast said tonigth anyway...