Champix

Fonzey

Stop a week ago on Champix.

[ stopped smoking 3 month with Champix and one day I let me go and i am smoking again well about 5 siggies a day instead 40 daily now try again to get finish of it let hope this will help me, I started smoking at the age of 14 I am now 68 years old it is not easy but try it

Edited by gdk

Stop a week ago on Champix.

[ stopped smoking 3 month with Champix and one day I let me go and i am smoking again well about 5 siggies a day instead 40 daily now try again to get finish of it let hope this will help me, I started smoking at the age of 14 I am now 68 years old it is not easy but try it

At 68 Id say fuc_k it but well done mate your doing well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually no, that is not at all true.

People are wired differently and some are more susceptible top addiiction.

Nicotine is a highly addictive substance and the majority of smokers have great difficulty quitting.

Will power is of course important but the fact that you found it easy to quit does not mean it will be the same for others. On the contrary, you are most unusual.

Several irate/flaming replies to the above post have been deleted.

I heard or read somewhere long time ago that some smokers are not that addicted in the end. They just think they are. Any truth in this or more information to be found in the net ?

Reason why i'm interested is that i had an operation and was hospitalized in heavy pain medication for three days and not smoking. Once released i decided to give it a go after 25 years. Prepared myself with packets of gum etc and was surprised to find out that it was actually much easier than i expected. It's been two months now and sometimes get the urge but it soon passes and i can control it even when drinking.

I do consider myself extremely lucky and by no means to put down anyone who's using other methods. Whatever works for you go for it. I feel so much better and i know it's just getting better by day when all the crap comes slowly out from my lungs.

Just curious on how it differs so much between individuals.

• 4 months later...

Saw this post while browsing through google about anything related to champix.

Don't get me wrong Champix is a fantastic drug how ever..

- Do not take if you have past depression or mental health issues

- Do not take along side any serious illness.

The reason I'm stating above the 2 following reasons, Champix can easily cause depression issues for sure. Read the reviews on google about it.

I'm only saying this myself as I've seen mood swings in my normal behaviour pattern that is not normal.

Champix has helped me stop for 30 days now and It's going great apart from the odd headace and eating a little more then normal. Including sleeping a little bit more.

But would you not suffer them side effects to quit?

This drug requires prescription and side effects are not fully known yet as most drugs take 4-6 years to regulate where this took half the normal time, 6 Months I think.

• 2 weeks later...

This drug requires prescription and side effects are not fully known yet as most drugs take 4-6 years to regulate where this took half the normal time, 6 Months I think.

I was under the impression that a full course of Champix was 90 days?

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, or maybe it takes longer for some people than others.

I tried Champix before but gave up owing to awful nightmares /sweats, but I am gonna try again, I just can't do the willpower thing, in recent times the longest I can manage is about 8 hours, then I am climbing the walls, however I am a 2 pack a day guy and have been that way for 40 years give or take.

I had stopped drinking years before so that wasn't a part of the problem. About 6 months ago I had a cardiac event and was in ICU for 5 days and the hospital for about 2 weeks. It cost 200,000 baht. Doctor said not to smoke or I would be back again for another 200,000 baht. It worked for me. I call it my 200,000 baht smoking cure. In comparison to the things they did to me in the ICU it was easy to be on the outside not smoking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, if I ha not read what I posted when I last tried to give up using Champix I would be discouraged.

I'm now on day 8 and I am NOT feeling physically sick when I smoke, I had got to that stage by day 9 last time ,

I am still smoking as much as usual , nothing has changed..except I could relay the events that took place in my dreams for the last 3 nights in a row.....it makes me a bit scared to go to bed as I have no idea where I will be going tonightermm.gif ??

I really do hope the cravings start to diminish soon as these dreams are really doing my head in. I need to feel the dreams are worth it, mind you in the first one I was trying to explain to my old Mum that the girl on the TV, Kylie Minougue was my new wifecheesy.gif Trouble is none have been so light hearted since, they involve a lot of dead peoplesad.png

If any of you have champix available and wanna sell it on (providing they haven't expired yet) let me know, i would be interested to give it a go... i did try 4-5 years ago but had the weird dreams/sleep patterns problem, hence i dont wanna go down to the docs and lay down 5k for a 3-4 week supply - they didn't work for me last time (i still smoke today) - but i'm willing to give it one more go before looking into alternative methods.

Hmm, if I ha not read what I posted when I last tried to give up using Champix I would be discouraged.

I'm now on day 8 and I am NOT feeling physically sick when I smoke, I had got to that stage by day 9 last time ,

I am still smoking as much as usual , nothing has changed..except I could relay the events that took place in my dreams for the last 3 nights in a row.....it makes me a bit scared to go to bed as I have no idea where I will be going tonightermm.gif ??

I really do hope the cravings start to diminish soon as these dreams are really doing my head in. I need to feel the dreams are worth it, mind you in the first one I was trying to explain to my old Mum that the girl on the TV, Kylie Minougue was my new wifecheesy.gif Trouble is none have been so light hearted since, they involve a lot of dead peoplesad.png

Quit this morning,

feel confident. The dreams/nightmares still persist, but in 10 weeks time I won't need them anymore and I will be a non-smoker for good.

Time will tell

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried Champix last year and worked pretty well: stopped after 8-9 days cos fags were having disgusting taste...

Champix is tough stuff tough, had to sit down a few times at work in the morning as I was getting very dizzy for around 1 hour.

Not to be taken by ppl with a light constitution for sure.....

Then disaster..

After a year: few parties: just 1 fag, I stopped, I can manage blablabla...

Back to smoking...

Now trying Quomem hehe.

Seems lighter stuff than champix: no dizziness in morning even on an empty stomach...

Will see in a few days...

Edited by CantSpell

Actually no, that is not at all true.

People are wired differently and some are more susceptible top addiction.

Nicotine is a highly addictive substance and the majority of smokers have great difficulty quitting.

Will power is of course important but the fact that you found it easy to quit does not mean it will be the same for others. On the contrary, you are most unusual.

Several irate/flaming replies to the above post have been deleted.

I heard or read somewhere long time ago that some smokers are not that addicted in the end. They just think they are. Any truth in this or more information to be found in the net ?

Reason why i'm interested is that i had an operation and was hospitalized in heavy pain medication for three days and not smoking. Once released i decided to give it a go after 25 years. Prepared myself with packets of gum etc and was surprised to find out that it was actually much easier than i expected. It's been two months now and sometimes get the urge but it soon passes and i can control it even when drinking.

I do consider myself extremely lucky and by no means to put down anyone who's using other methods. Whatever works for you go for it. I feel so much better and i know it's just getting better by day when all the crap comes slowly out from my lungs.

Just curious on how it differs so much between individuals.

It sure is an interesting question.

I was smoking for over 25 years ranging from 20 - 60 per day. But read the book from Allen Carr and quit cold turkey 4 years ago - no side effects whatsoever.

Normally quitting an addiction should have some side-effects, isn't it?

I have just had a blockage done at Bangkok Pattaya hospital after enduring 4 years of chest pain( which doctors in my home country did not discover) and after seeing the condition of my heart Im VERY eager to stop smoking.Been on Champix for 9 days now and I had 2 cigarettes a day for the last 3 days and they taste awful.

The side effects have been nausea,problems with sleep and of course nightmares.Will keep everybody posted of the progress and good luck all in a similar position clap2.gif !!

Hi

I am an ex smoker of 9 years now and probably bought shares in Nicorettes yacht - the gum worked eventualy and certainly takes away the craving. Somebody up north has asked me to try and find champix for him. I am in Pattaya and dont fancy going to the Bangkok Pattaya Bandits hospital. Can any champix user in Pattaya please tell me which pharmacy they got the starter pack in and what they paid.

It would be appreciated!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if i dare say yet, but i finally got off the hook, i think, at least for a week now.

I dont crave the poison any longer, but sometimes i wonder if i will miss my poisonous friends.

I payed a TV member 6500 baht for 6 packs.

If i make it and have faith in myself, i will sell the remaining packs after i did it.

i live in pattaya btw

Edited by poanoi

I dont know if i dare say yet, but i finally got off the hook, i think, at least for a week now.

I dont crave the poison any longer, but sometimes i wonder if i will miss my poisonous friends.

If i make it and have faith in myself, i will sell the remaining packs after i did it.

i live in pattaya btw

I'm on day 8 of no smoking with quomen...like you, no cravings (maby 1 a day for 30 secs max) but thinking will I miss then also!

i live in pattaya btw

Congratulations mate

• 3 weeks later...

I used zyban about 10 years ago, the whole experience was one to forget tbh. I did give up however, then last year due to a lot of stress in the family I started again. In the last year I've gone cold turkey twice and easily handled 3 or 4 weeks, then bang, I'm back on the smokes again. I've sniffed around the Internet and found a herbal tea - Buahema ginseng tea - available here in Thailand. I was wondering if anyone had tried it and whether it worked. The blurb on it suggests it works in a similar way to the drugs in that it makes smoking a distasteful experience after a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used Zyban 6 years ago in the UK after smoking for over 20 years/20 a day. I had half-heartedly tried every other thing but due to me really enjoying cigarettes (plus being spineless abbout quitting) I went for this chemical option. I also convinced myself that as a smoker people thought I smelt really bad (true) and that they really did not like getting that close to me because of it (also true.) You have to start a campaign in order to quit and that's how I did it.

After 2 weeks on Zyban (the last possible 'Quitting Date' allowed) I magically had no kick from the nicotine at all when i smoked. It was a waste of time smoking. I was supposed to have taken a long withdrawal process but I did not fell right at all, not depressed but very odd and a bit paranoid/anxious. I have now not smoked in 6 years, I do get the odd twinge but no craving at all. My life is a complete transformation, in that I feel so much better (especially in the mornings) my food actually tastes wonderful, I don't feel like I am slowly getting older anymore and people can talk to me up close without cringing- if you smoke, you smell, it's that simple.

Apparently Champix is much more effective. I would recommend potential quitters keep on trying anything you can. if you fail just try another method, but please do not stop trying - you are heading in the right direction!

Good luck!

• Like 1