Temporary Disaster Section

cdnvic

George, do you think we could set up a temporary section dealing specificly with this disaster? (Like the bird flu section) Looks like it may take some time to deal with, and presently we have a few issues:

1. So many informative posts have gotten lost in the volume of the News Clippings section. This seems too concentrated having so much in one thread. News is getting drowned in conversation and arguements

2. There are threads spread out all over the forum dealing with missing friends (this would be more effective if combined into one thread were they'd get more views.) and all the related numbers for them to contact are buried elsewhere. This means the same info has to be posted to many people many times as nobody wants these people to not be helped. Having them all posted into one thread would keep the missing persons near the top of the section, where it would get maximum views, wheras single threads disappear fast, and bury other topics.

3. The many posts spread around make them hard to follow, and makes for alot of redundancies, and double-up posts.

I know you're busy...but :o

cv

George,

again if you have the time, would it be possible to start a thread about the people missing in and around Phuket. I for one and am sure like many other members have friends there who I cannot get in touch with.

Not sure how you would go about it but it would help if there was a thread listing the peoples names etc so that we can confirm if the people there are safe.

Cheers :o

My prority now is to have the server up and running. Many of the international news agencies are linking to us, so the load is too much. We are working on it.

I will do a disaster sub forum and put it in the top, and move all relevant topics there. Give me an hour maximum.