Newly Built Housing Estates.

Eastender

Are you familiar with the housing estates being built towards the northern side of Nakhon Sawan city (near the NCS hotel)? These are quite small ugly starter homes - but when you look at some of the estates now being lived in you can see how people have extended out to maximise the living space.

I'm just wondering if anyone has bought, lived in or extended such a house. A sis-in-law has bought one, but my wife and I in the UK will probably take it over (financially) as she is living elsewhere.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone with experience of these, to discuss legalities, extending, and also renting out.

The picture shows one of the almost finished homes.

Thanks,

Robin.

post-2689-1231629799_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

aren't those the low-cost housing made by the government for poor thai? they're like 200k max I think, really cheap. BTW, I think they look hella better than some mcmansions other thais or expats build. number one thing though in architecture if you wanna make a place look nice- make it look sturdy. the human eye percieves structural integrity and proportion. In other words, make columns thicker, even if they're structurally ok already (see how narrow and weak the ones in the pic look?), get big window frames- just don't stick the window in flush with the wall, big overhangs, medium height roofs, etc...