Alliance Leicester Cash Withdrawl Fees

imaneggspurt

Sorry 10 per cent was a typo and i couldnt change it for some reason , i dont study my account much but just checked and they have been charging me 9.78 ( pounds ) for withdrawls of 25000 baht and double for 50.000, i draw from the kiosk for security,,but the only security issue i have is the bank stealing off me it seems !, does this seem steep to you ?

Edited by imaneggspurt

Sorry 10 per cent was a typo and i couldnt change it for some reason , i dont study my account much but just checked and they have been charging me 9.78 ( pounds ) for withdrawls of 25000 baht and double for 50.000, i draw from the kiosk for security,,but the only security issue i have is the bank stealing off me it seems !, does this seem steep to you ?

I think you need to check how much the Bank is charging for service like Wire transfer, Swift pp and you'll find out that the charge will be correct IMHO!

Before complaining it every time a good idea to cross check how much you'll have to pay for services!

My memory says A&L charge 2.5% for foreign usage - so 25,000 Baht is £500 - charge should be£12.50 for the withdrawal.

Some banks are charging 2.75% or even 3% with a minimum charge of £3 - and give a poor exchange rate.

Ever wonder why everyone on this site (and many others world wide) recommend Nationwide?

I think you need to check how much the Bank is charging for service like Wire transfer, Swift pp and you'll find out that the charge will be correct IMHO!

Before complaining it every time a good idea to cross check how much you'll have to pay for services!

I actually wasnt complaining, just trying to see if thats normal, as it seems a lot, but if thats what is is then so be it,.

My memory says A&L charge 2.5% for foreign usage - so 25,000 Baht is £500 - charge should be£12.50 for the withdrawal.

Some banks are charging 2.75% or even 3% with a minimum charge of £3 - and give a poor exchange rate.

Ever wonder why everyone on this site (and many others world wide) recommend Nationwide?

Is it possible to change banks without being in the uk ?.

I have lived in Thailand for 12 Years and i opened a Notionwide Account when i went to the UK 6 months ago,I had a UK bank account and i use my Brothers address as my UK address, They never asked me anything about living abroad,They were just interested in how much money i was transfering and how much i would be putting in my account each month and that was it.Cheers

Edited by Mintman

I bank with A & L.

I go to their website, electronically transfer as much or as little as I want to my nominated account here, cost is 30 Pounds, for 50,000 or 5,000,000 Bt. (Sorry, I don't have the Sterling symbol on my keyboard)

I try to do this only once a year to satisfy my visa requirement, plus it keeps the bank charges/costs down. As an aside I'm still spending money I exchanged at 65 Bt to the pound, so I guess I did OK. Problem will be this year, but the rate is crawling up a bit.

Doesn't seem steep at all. Average, rather. So, for a withdrawal of 470 pound you're worried about 10 quid? It's just two percent...
not unduly woried, just wanted comparisons,. however as i withdraw about 10.000 pounds a month i think ill switch to the nationwide,. no point giving money away, Edited by imaneggspurt

I bank with A & L.

I go to their website, electronically transfer as much or as little as I want to my nominated account here, cost is 30 Pounds, for 50,000 or 5,000,000 Bt. (Sorry, I don't have the Sterling symbol on my keyboard)

I try to do this only once a year to satisfy my visa requirement, plus it keeps the bank charges/costs down. As an aside I'm still spending money I exchanged at 65 Bt to the pound, so I guess I did OK. Problem will be this year, but the rate is crawling up a bit.

thats good advice as i do draw a lot, everyone seems to think i was whinging ,maybe some are a lot better off than me, but at the amount i draw if there is a saving to be had ill have it, why not ?

About 2%, do check with Alliance it's possible the charge is for the bank at this end.

Is it cheaper if you use an ATM?

If you go with Nationwide, international withdrawals are still FREE :o

One thing that interest me about using ATM cards is what happens if you lose it or if the machine screws it up and when it expires as when I ask nationwide and other building societys they woulld not send new cards to Thailand but the big high street banks do but then they rip you off with big charges so find it is best for my own purposes to u

se swift transfers once a year to a foriegn currency account and change to baht at times when the exchange rate is favourable

About 2%, do check with Alliance it's possible the charge is for the bank at this end.

Is it cheaper if you use an ATM?

If you go with Nationwide, international withdrawals are still FREE :o

One thing that interest me about using ATM cards is what happens if you lose it or if the machine screws it up and when it expires as when I ask nationwide and other building societys they woulld not send new cards to Thailand but the big high street banks do but then they rip you off with big charges so find it is best for my own purposes to u

se swift transfers once a year to a foriegn currency account and change to baht at times when the exchange rate is favourable

I lost a card, the replacement has to be sent to the uk address you are registered at, then you can have it forwarded,.

I bank with A & L.

How did you set that up, I've seen no option in the A&L internet banking that allows SWIFT wires?

I bank with A & L.

How did you set that up, I've seen no option in the A&L internet banking that allows SWIFT wires?

I would think he is talking about off shore banking in the Isle Of Man.