Uk Husband/thai Wife

patklang

as i understand it,some english guys have married a thai lady and are claiming husband/wife pension,even though the thai wife has never lived in the uk.Single pension is 91.71??? and husband /wife pension is 134.00??

1/ is this possible to claim

2/has this law being changed for new claiments.

i remember reading that if you are still claiming,you can only claim until 2014

any up to date info would be very interesting,or websites to read this.

as i understand it,some english guys have married a thai lady and are claiming husband/wife pension,even though the thai wife has never lived in the uk.Single pension is 91.71??? and husband /wife pension is 134.00??

1/ is this possible to claim

2/has this law being changed for new claiments.

i remember reading that if you are still claiming,you can only claim until 2014

any up to date info would be very interesting,or websites to read this.

If you are 65 or over before 5th April 2010 and your wife earns less than (I think) £50 per week then you are entitled to a wifes dependency allowance of approx £54 per week on top of your pension (however much you get) regardless of what nationality your wife is or where you are living. This payment will cease on 5th April 2020. If you reach retirement age after 5th April 2010 you are not entitled to any automatic payments, although if you are living in the UK you may qualify for means tested pension credits for your dependents.

I believe it all changes this year.

After March this year, a dependant spouse has to be pensionable age (60) for the husband (65) to be able to claim any addition UK state pension for his wife.

For those Brit ex-pats living in Thailand claiming a UK state pension, the pension is not index linked.