Thailand Tsunami Relief Fund Donations

shopgurl

i have tried to fill the donationform on the Thai redcross twice now.

i filled in amount, name and adress but when i go further i cant get to any visaform page. I only get to an errorpage.

I am desperate to donate!!!

am i doing anything wrong or is there a website problem?

Another way folks can donate long-distance is to log onto the Thai Red Cross website:

http://www.redcross.or.th/english/home/index.php4

Donations to the Thai Red Cross will assist their disaster relief efforts in all the affected areas, including Khao Lak, Phi Phi, and the coasts of Phang-Nga and Krabi, the two hardest-hit provinces.

Thai Red Cross donations

Would like to add that at top center of page is a working on-line credit card link that should allow donations from anywhere in the world direct to the Thai Red Cross.

Go for it Lop :o

PHUKET: The following are account details for those wishing to make monetary donations to help victims of the tsunami disaster in Phuket and surrounding areas.

Siam Commercial Bank Relief Fund (for people in any of the six stricken provinces in need of assistance): Siam Commercial Bank, Ratchayothin Branch, Bangkok; Account name: SCB. POOPRASOBPAI; Account number: 111-3-05400-9.

ITV Relief Fund (for people in any of the six stricken provinces in need of assistance). Siam Commercial Bank, Ratchayothin Branch, Bangkok; Account name: ITV. FOR PUPRASOBPAI; Account number: 111-3-05388-3.

Thai Red Cross: Siam Commercial Bank, Ratchayothin Branch, Bangkok; Account name: THAI RED CROSS; Account number: 045-304002-3

Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation (for the rescue of trapped and injured people, and retrieval of bodies). Bank of Ayudhya, Phunphon Branch, Phuket City, Phuket; Account Name: Kusoldharm Foundation; Account Number 297-108886-3.

Updated list from the Phuket Gazette:

Account details for relief donations

PHUKET: The following are account details for those wishing to make monetary donations to help victims of the tsunami disaster in Phuket and surrounding areas.

- Rotary Club of Patong: Siam Commercial Bank Public Ltd, Chao Fa Branch (Phuket);

Account number: 633-2-49365-8; Account name: Rotary Club of Patong Beach (Tsunami Relief Fund); Swift Code: SICOTHBK; Telex number: 20455 SIAMFX TH

- Earthquake Rescue Fund (administered by the Governor of Phuket): Krung Thai Bank, Phuket Branch; Account name: Earthquake Rescue Fund; Account number: 805-0-02275-7; Swift code: KTDTHTB. Donors are asked to email [email protected] or fax +66 76 200552 after sending funds to the account.

- Siam Commercial Bank Relief Fund (for people in any of the six stricken provinces in need of assistance): Siam Commercial Bank, Ratchayothin Branch, Bangkok; Account name: SCB. POOPRASOBPAI; Account number: 111-3-05400-9.

- ITV Relief Fund (for people in any of the six stricken provinces in need of assistance). Siam Commercial Bank, Ratchayothin Branch, Bangkok; Account name: ITV. FOR PUPRASOBPAI; Account number: 111-3-05388-3.

- Thai Red Cross: Siam Commercial Bank, Ratchayothin Branch, Bangkok; Account name: THAI RED CROSS; Account number: 045-304002-3.

- Phuket Red Cross Society: Krung Thai Bank, Phuket Branch; Account name: Red Cross; Account number 805-1-46915-1.

- Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation (for the rescue of trapped and injured people, and retrieval of bodies). Bank of Ayudhya, Phunphon Branch, Phuket City, Phuket; Account Name: Kusoldharm Foundation; Account Number 297-108886-3.

- Phuket Tsunami Recovery Fund (Laguna Hotels & Resorts): Siam Commercial Bank, Phuket Branch; Account Number: 537-2-897-028; Account name: Phuket Tsunami Recovery Fund; Swift Code: SICOTHBK. Cheques made payable to the Phuket Tsunami Recovery Fund can be posted to Laguna Resorts & Hotels, 390/1 Moo 1, Srisoonthorn Rd., Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand. Credit Card contributions can be made through www.lagunaphuket.com/tsunamifund.

Hi everybody,

i am in Phuket and have about 1000 euro (50.000 bath) in my pocket.

I got these as donations from family. friends and website visitors.

I promised them I will give the money DIRECTLY to people in need, not to organizations.

Doing so I hope I can create a tie between donors and victims, so it may continue later on.

Well, it's just my first day here, but IT IS NOT EASY.

Why? because I need to be 100% sure that I am giving the money to somebody who really needs it.

I.E.

- this guy in Rawai beach repairing the boat. Is he the owner or just working for somebody?

- This guy repairing the shop. Does he really needs the money or he can recover in a few months. And again, is he the owner?

and so on...I guess nobody would refuse some help and everybody needs it, but my duty is to give it to the desperate ones.

I need real people you know, who need help.

Or places to go to give help.

Any suggestion would be appreciated, MUCH better if you know somebosdu personally!

Write me at [email protected]

Bye

Luca

Another way folks can donate long-distance is to log onto the Thai Red Cross website:

Donations to the Thai Red Cross will assist their disaster relief efforts in all the affected areas, including Khao Lak, Phi Phi, and the coasts of Phang-Nga and Krabi, the two hardest-hit provinces.

Thai Red Cross donations

Would like to add that at top center of page is a working on-line credit card link that should allow donations from anywhere in the world direct to the Thai Red Cross.

Go for it Lop :o

It doesn't work if your e-mail address has a full stop (.) before the at sign (@)! At least, it didn't when I donated.

Hi everybody,

i am in Phuket and have about 1000 euro (50.000 bath) in my pocket.

I got these as donations from family. friends and website visitors.

I promised them I will give the money DIRECTLY to people in need, not to organizations.

Doing so I hope I can create a tie between donors and victims, so it may continue later on.

Well, it's just my first day here, but IT IS NOT EASY.

Why? because I need to be 100% sure that I am giving the money to somebody who really needs it.

I.E.

- this guy in Rawai beach repairing the boat. Is he the owner or just working for somebody?

- This guy repairing the shop. Does he really needs the money or he can recover in a few months. And again, is he the owner?

and so on...I guess nobody would refuse some help and everybody needs it, but my duty is to give it to the desperate ones.

I need real people you know, who need help.

Or places to go to give help.

Any suggestion would be appreciated, MUCH better if you know somebosdu personally!

Write me at [email protected]

Bye

Luca

Go talk to a Rotary Club. Much safer for you.

• 2 weeks later...
HOW TO DONATE in Thailand Directly

Does anyone know a quick way to get a receipt? My company has just (this afternoon, Friday 21 January 2005) announced that they will match employees' donations, but they want receipts by Friday 28 January 2005. I live in the UK, so snail mail is too slow. It's not a big donation, so I don't want to swell the Red Cross's administrative expenses. I am asking my company what alternatives they will accept. Getting a bank statement in time may also be touch and go! I did save the acknowledgement screen, but the cynical will know that that could easily be cloned to swell donations.

Has anybody read how the donations are being used? How much of the money is being used up for administral work? Did any of these "aid agencies" ever publish a balance sheet which can be proofed?

Does anybody know where the money really goes? I heard rumors already that some people retained aidmoney in the Province of Phang Nga.

I am planning to distribute privately collected funds in Koh Pratong and I will document every step and I cover the travelexpenses on my own to make sure that every single penny will not be abused and be spent in an effective way under immediate supervision.

I urge everybody to act in the same way. The chief execeutive of the German Red Cross receives around Euro 100.000 in salaries within one year.

Walter

Has anybody read how the donations are being used? How much of the money is being used up for administral work? Did any of these "aid agencies" ever publish a balance sheet which can be proofed?

Does anybody know where the money really goes? I heard rumors already that some people retained aidmoney in the Province of  Phang Nga.

I am planning to distribute privately collected funds in Koh Pratong and I will document every step and I cover the  travelexpenses on my own to make sure that every single penny will not be abused and be spent in an effective way under immediate supervision. 

I urge everybody to act in the same way. The chief execeutive of the German Red Cross receives around Euro 100.000 in salaries within one year.

Walter

You joke Walter. He gets more than that.

Hello-

I read this here a while back, “TG are carrying relief material to BKK then HKT free of charge”

I live in Krabi Province, and I’m looking for some help in getting boxes of tsunami aid and school supplies for tsunami victims brought in from overseas. (USA)

Has any body done this or know whom to contact? I’ve searched a lot on the web to no avail- nothing on the TG website. I have friends ready to deliver a few boxes by next week to the Airport in SFO or LAX. I’m not an official aid person- just a girl trying to help my Thai neighbors (over 40 families living on my street are displaced) and the local school. If you know of any airline or courier numbers could you please post them?

I’m also looking for (1) Thai or Farang network/tech person. Preferably from Krabi or Trang Province. We need help in fixing and maintaining a network at the only High School here on Ko Lanta. It’s a computer Lab with 9 semi-working PC’s. It’s a very poor school with most, if not all of the students affected by the tsunami in some way or another.

If you know anybody wanting to volunteer (for the network help ONLY) -Please PM me back. Thanks!