Nakhon Sawan Getting Prepared

G54

12 days to the Chinese New Year and Nakhon Sawan is starting to look better than in previous years. A dragon reaches down the central reservation from BigC to near the Bansuan Hotel. This is lit on an evening. Beyond that point are different couloured lamps aslo placed in the central reservation. Elswehere as you drive around on an evening there are lamps and miniature dragons and other figures dotted here and there.

The town looks quite colourful now with the Xmas and other New Year decorations & lights still in place.

Looks like another big Chinese New Years night for Nakhon Sawan. Good to see they are making a effort.

Does anyone know the route the Dragon will be taking this year (or at least the starting point)?

12 days to the Chinese New Year and Nakhon Sawan is starting to look better than in previous years. A dragon reaches down the central reservation from BigC to near the Bansuan Hotel. This is lit on an evening. Beyond that point are different couloured lamps aslo placed in the central reservation. Elswehere as you drive around on an evening there are lamps and miniature dragons and other figures dotted here and there.

The town looks quite colourful now with the Xmas and other New Year decorations & lights still in place.

Looks like another big Chinese New Years night for Nakhon Sawan. Good to see they are making a effort.

Does anyone know the route the Dragon will be taking this year (or at least the starting point)?

Sorry I don't know the route, but I have to agree with you that the city is looking pretty good with all its colourful lights.

:o:D:D

I learned today that the Dragon Procession will start down from 'Fairyland'. Should be a dam_n good night, as ever. Maybe the best Chinese New Year parade in Thailand. Well worth a look.

I learned today that the Dragon Procession will start down from 'Fairyland'. Should be a dam_n good night, as ever. Maybe the best Chinese New Year parade in Thailand. Well worth a look.

Yes, a very good night out, been many times and as you say, well worth a look for anybody.

:o:D

Just a word of warning, watch out for the Pick Pockets!!

:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, the Dragon procession is tomorrow, Tuesday evening 27th about 20-30 hours. The time, as ever, is approximate :o

Anyone unable to see the evening procession can also see it daytime on Wednesday 28th - though I do not know the time.

Plenty of side shows available too.

As Davyboy says, watch out for the pickpockets, it will be heaving with bodies.

Do not try to drive towards Fairyland on Tuesday evening. The roads will be blocked off. Best bet is to park further away and take one of the hundreds of Baht buses.

Have fun if you go and do not forget the camera.