New Bar In Aonang

Samuinick

Haha, not my bar but you could be forgiven for thinking so. I am heading over there soon and saw this bar on the net that looked a bit different from most bars in Krabi

O.K., interesting...................

I just did a search and did not see it here:

http://www.1stopkrabi.com/hospitality/bars/#recommended

or here http://www.krabibars.com/Nightlife_Ao_Nang.php

or here http://www.krabinightlife.com/aonang-nightlife.php

Sorry, I'm a born skeptic. But maybe you could enlighten us on how you found this brand new bar on the net.

And P.S. good luck with your new bar.

Edited by huggybear

As much as I would love to get into a pedantic argument with someone who has nothing better to do than pick apart peoples posts on forums I have better things to do with my time.

I assure you I have nothing to do with this bar, I was invited to join via one of my groups on Facebook, it is part of the networking that goes on there. I like to try and help people that have put that extra effort into making something a bit different for the tourists and locals.

Thailand has been through some tough times and I for one would like to make an effort to promote good things here. There has been some good changes with the government in Thailand as well as the USA so lets try and make the best of what we have and get this country back to where it should be!!!!!

who has nothing better to do than pick apart peoples posts on forums I have better things to do with my time.

There has been some good changes with the government in Thailand as well as the USA so lets try and make the best of what we have and get this country back to where it should be!!!!!

1. I assure you I'm quite busy

2. I'm unclear on your correlation of advertising this new bar on a forum, and how you think this one watering whole is going to bring back all of Thailand.

BTW-with the business I am in, I travel to Krabi/Ao Nang quite often and still have no idea where this bar is.

Small business rule #1 2 and 3, location, location, location.

Hi guys . I thought iwould let you know that i have been to the bar in question and it is a wicked place . Roof top sea veiws very cool vibe , music people atmosphere . All round a very nice place to be . Due to the lack of good bars in Ao nang , it must be a good thing ..........

Hey Custom King thanks for some positive fedback, I'll buy you drink when I get round to visiting Ao Nang.

Is there anything else new worth mentioning, it been a few years since my last visit, do you you know anywhere I can rent a decent motorbike, miniumum 600cc?

The bar is opposite starbucks on the roof of the sea of love plaza.. You cant miss it . Just look for the blue lights in the sky .. When i was there i was talking to one of the owners . Really nice guy from england . He has got big plans , guest DJs , very good priced drinks (wicked cocktails) great sound system . good food , very chilled out and all together a nice place to relax. I will be recomending it for sure.......

HA HA Huggy Bear winding someone else up...

He didn't even know where Centara was.....how on earth is he gonna find a roof top bar....keep up the comedy.

By the way, it is a nice bar too

Hmmmmmm, nattymatt, English is your first language, yes? As far as I know the Centara is stll there.

And yes I now am familiar with where that is, I walk past it on my way to RCA :o

Yes Huggy English is my first language...but a few months ago, you didn't know where Centara was

Whats RCA anyway?

i'm very bored, which is why i luv having a pop at huggy......nothing personal Huggy

Hey nattymatt you did it again !!! Centara is there, I swear it is. It hasn't moved.

RCA is the little alley of girlybars, you know, where your katoey hangs out ha, ha.

I'll buy you a beer there the next time I'm in town.

Natty Matt...... you have a lot of time on your hands..... maybe you could review some more bars in Ao Nang for the visiting tourists and give them your views of the best places to go. You know, sort of keep you busy and out of trouble :o

Perhaps you could be like the "bar boy" of Ao Nang

Well...thats a great idea, but (1) Huggy will disagree with everything and (2) how on earth am i gonna get my handicap down if i spend all day drinking and reviewing bars.

and "bar boy" of Ao Nang....I'll leave that to Samui Nick....

A.K.A AoNang Nick

well eddie, you must be a better golfer (...... or drinker) than me. Golf and Hangovers are a really BAD combination

ahhh jeeeez, a golfer huh?

Is that your excuse for dressing funny? Got your Parnevik pink pants on do ya? Collar of your shirt still turned up?

I used to play but would practically fall asleep because it's just so SLOW. Maybe if you could only carry three clubs and you had to run, that game might get interesting, otherwise it's a massive conspiracy (the popularity of such a boring game) to sell you all the crap that is involved, including the ugliest clothes on the planet.

The ugliest clothes in the world.....like your profile picture. Huggy Bear wasn't in Caddy Shack was he?

Nope, the coolest guy of 70's TV.

You're right though, the jacket would make a typical pair of golf slacks.

He was in Husky & Scratch wasn't he? Also drinking and then descending a couple of flights of steps - not a good idea, for me anyway. I'll stick to Soi Salai (RCA).

• 4 weeks later...

Finally made it over to Krabi the other day and checked out the bar, great setup and very different from all the other places in the area. The owner is a good laugh and seemed to keep the crowd happy all night. Cool tunes and worth a visit, see you there next time!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gee whiz !!! Another bar offering a true taste of thai experience with falang music, falang drinks, falang food, falang design and falang customers.

Do I turn left or right at the toilets to get to Ibiza govener ?