Apple Iphone 3g In Thailand. What A Joke.

thaibkk53

My 'MBK experience' was not a good one. The turbo sim I got for my 2.2.1 iPhone worked only for about a day. After more research, I came to the conclusion that many are having a lot of success with the Rebel Sim out of the UK. You can save some money by using their a1techstore on eBay directly. They charged an extra 6 quid to ship it to BKK, and it got here within a few days. You can also get a 'programmer' for future rebel firmware updates. Also, they say the new firmware works with the new Apple firmware 3.0 beta. However, if I had to do it all over again - I would only buy a fully-unlocked iPhone - there is no question about it.

In addition to the Skype comment above, JaJah.com now has a superb iPhone app. When you tap a number in your contact list, it simply calls you back and tells you it is connecting your call. The rates are a little more than Skype, but at home, you can set it up to ring your land line (can set up three phone numbers - anywhere in the world) - so no need to use a headset or Skype phone, or whatever. For many cities around the world, JaJah give you a unique local number for each of your contacts in your directory. They say they hope to include BKK for local numbers in the near future. I think the service is called JaJah Direct. But with the new iPhone app, you dont really need it.

The only thing I dont like about the iPhone in general is the text messaging. But once you get used to the phone and your apps, you feel lost using your old phone again - no matter how good it was before the iPhone made its debut.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic