Wanting To Buy Land

PTYstefan

i have just come back form koh chang and found i very nice.

and already thinking of buying land there.

i have got an offer from someone but he only had a 50 rai plot.

is there or are there any 1 rai plots in koh chang to buy?

thank you for any advises and offers

I understand that a number of people have lost large sums of money when the true detail of Chanotes of island land bought in 'good faith' has been discovered, suggest you tread with extreme care.

Would echo the comment above, Ian is a nice guy we met some years ago.

Thanks Bizz & Cuban.

There's not a lot of 1 Rai plots around. Avoid the farmland - PBT5 wont be upgraded for years, if ever, according to the Land Office.

On the west coast you are pretty much stuck with Klong Son Valley. (Which fortunately is a nice place if you want land for a quiet house. We've got some by the river there.) You're looking at 3 to 4 million for 1 Rai with a Chanote though. Not cheap but that's supply & demand for you.

There are a couple of small plots for sale in Klong Prao area with Chanote titles and frontage onto the main road. One is in the village, so no good for a quiet house - 3.8 million for approx 1/3 Rai. The other is 6.5 million just over 3/4 Rai not too far from the Amari and Dewa. But most other land isn't for sale, only for rent or doesnt have any title deeds.

Occasionally see 1 Rai plots by the sea on the east coast. Figure on the asking price being 5 million from a local owner. Most sellers pefer to sell 2 Rai (minimum) 40 meters on the shore & 80 metres deep. A once the seafront has been sold, no one will buy the land that lies between it and the main road.

Also see www.kochanghouse.com, the developer has some beachfront plots for sale for 3.9 million ( around 600sqm) on the east coast. 5 mins drive south from the ferry pier.

• 1 month later...
i have just come back form koh chang and found i very nice.

and already thinking of buying land there.

i have got an offer from someone but he only had a 50 rai plot.

is there or are there any 1 rai plots in koh chang to buy?

thank you for any advises and offers

We purchased some land on the east coast of Koh Chang last year, after searching extensively and meeting many locals we managed to find a 2 rai plot, it is true saying that most of the land for sale is in large plots and a lot of our time was waisted going to view land and later finding out that in fact the seller would not split the land or in deed that it did not have the correct land paper titles. We are currently developing two homes on a rai and have a further rai which we are considering selling. The land is chanotte titled, Please let me know your requirements in terms of location and budget and we can see if we can help!!