Mini Dacshund Looking For Friends To Play With.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am planning on moving to Bangkok from the UK together with my wirehaired dachshund Brock. Any tips you can give me on how to go about this? Also, I am finding it quite hard to find accommodation that takes dogs. Any ideas?

We may soon be meeting Brenard for some walks...

Hi,

I am planning on moving to Bangkok from the UK together with my wirehaired dachshund Brock. Any tips you can give me on how to go about this? Also, I am finding it quite hard to find accommodation that takes dogs. Any ideas?

We may soon be meeting Brenard for some walks...

Ah we would love a walking buddy! To answer your question, first when are you planning to leave?

What you will need: Rabies shot (which takes roughly 2 months to get) and all up to date shots (if you have the Daphi then you'll be fine). Tell your vet well in advance and they will direct you in getting the proper paper work from the UK. Three days before you fly your vet will also do a final check up and issue the health certificate (which you'll need in Bangkok when you land).

For Thailand you will need to show the health certificate at the airport along with an import permit. To get the permit contact: [email protected] You can apply for it about 50/55 days before. It needs to be issued within 45 days of your arrival to Bangkok. For more information check out the Thailand Dept of Livestock website http://www.dld.go.th/dcontrol/move/menu31e.html Also The Thai Consulate in Hull was quite helpful... just give them a ring!

Flying from the UK, Brock will have to go under the plane. We flew with Eva Airways and they were great. You will need to contact your airline company to ask them about their specific requirements. You will most definately need a Varikennel (Petmatrve makes one).

As far as quarantine, as long as you have all the required paperwork you will land, Brock will be unloaded into a special luggage area, you will pick him up, bring him to customs office for animals, show the paperwork, pay 100baht and LEAVE!

Any other questions feel free to ask!

• 9 months later...

I have 4 months dashunts (not pure breed - but look good), brother and sister, which I am thinking of breeding, when time comes.

If you are interested for them to play and, in the future, mate, than we are in west bangkok just off the Outer western ring road - Wong Wien Rob Nok (Kanchanapisek), close to the junction with an elevated motorway Boromradchannani.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat...5000&icon=x

• 9 years later...

Hiii,

My little sausage, Wesley, and I are moving to Bangkok sometime this September. We are from Vancouver, Canada! He’s 5 in May, chocolate brown, and is a very good boy and affectionate ???? We look forward to seeing you guys in fall. Not sure which area you guys are in BKK but we’re thinking of renting a place in Yannawa area or around Sukhumvit Rd./Thonglor.

I actually signed up here just to look for other Dachshund friends for him! I’ve lived in BKK for almost a year back in 2011 but it will be Wesley’s first trip there :)

Cheers,

Mimi & Wesley