New 30 Yr Lease - Do I Need To Setup The Company First ?

FatTom

• 4 weeks later...
About to lease some land on a 30yr lease. Do I need a formal company setup to lease the land or for the moment can my Thai Girlfriend sign the lease ? Is there some agency I need to see to confirm the lease ?

You need to do some proper/serious research before signing anything - you are committing yourself for 30 years!

You don't need a company to lease land but you need to have a good think about whether your girlfriend should sign it or not. As per anywhere it is a good idea to have someone knowledgable to look at the lease and advise you whether it's ok (and who should sign it). Also to check if the people you are leasing it from actually have the rights to lease it. Assume NOTHING in Thailand. Good luck

About to lease some land on a 30yr lease. Do I need a formal company setup to lease the land or for the moment can my Thai Girlfriend sign the lease ? Is there some agency I need to see to confirm the lease ?

If you are asking these questions then you need legal advice. Find a local lawyer - if you are in their area try Isaan Lawyers, one of the sponsors. www.isaanlawyers.com

Edited by Chaimai