Mr Alan's Belts

raro

In May or June 2008 I have been approached by a fellow board member, Mr. Allan (last name unknown), to ship leather belts to the UK.

Upon my recommendation, he put the belts into storage with a warehousing company in Bangkok and the next step would have been shipping them out after having received proper instructions. This was July 10, 2008.

Until today we have neither received clear shipping instructions ("London" is not good enough as a destination address) nor the advance payment for the transport, which is required for private shippers.

The Thai mobile phone number Mr. Allan gave me was of the one his (ex?) girlfriend (?) who just answers that she doesn't know about the whereabouts of Mr. Allan.

A yahoo e-mail address where I sent numerous reminders to with deadlines and the threat to seize the cargo remained unanswered.

Whenever Mr. Allan called me from the UK (last time must have been around September) his number did not show on my display and he was reluctant giving me his number.

Today, I have picked up the belts from the warehouse as they were pushing me to do so for a while and paid the due warehousing charges out of my own pocket.

This is now my last ditch attempt to get in touch with Mr. Allan.

If I do not hear from Mr. Allan before end of January 2009, the belts will become our property as per international freight forwarders terms and conditions and be auctioned off to recoup our expenses and efforts.

Mods may close this topic as this is just a public announcement and nothing to discuss.

Allan, please contact me by either mail, phone or PM, you have all three of them!