BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12DrinkMore

Financial Crisis

So, that's it. I've now reached the point where I am ready to join up.

Bring on the revolution. I have had enough of

Politicians - who were given the trust and responsibility to represent and protect us, paying themselves millions in the process.

Bankers - who accepted our money and gamboled it away, paying themselves billions in the process.

I have been through

- the denial phase (surely it will be over soon)

- the logical phase (move money around looking for somewhere safe)

- jesus phase (is it really now this bad?)

- acceptance phase (yes is dam_n well is)

so now I am in the Kill The Responsible phase.

Really, I am very angry about this.

These governments have presided over populations who they know are not always going to make the right personal decisions. That is why we have laws and politicians to make them, codes of conduct, FSA's to prevent your average George, Joe or John from himself. So what happened? They have FAILED.

Now I am one of the most passive people I know. But I am now very angry that my trust has been proven to be misplaced, and I have been let down.

If I now feel this way, then, once the immensity of what is about to hit the UK in particular, including all the 1,000,000 ex pat pensioners and their families, where will it lead to? The Icelandic government is besieged, in Greece there have been riots. The Brits can take a lot, but once they get riled then the fighting becomes very bitter.

Gotta be bad when the opposition is stating that the mess is so big they wouldn't know the depth of it until they are elected.....then not following up with 'elect us' plea!!!!! :o

If I now feel this way, then, once the immensity of what is about to hit the UK in particular, including all the 1,000,000 ex pat pensioners and their families, where will it lead to? The Icelandic government is besieged, in Greece there have been riots. The Brits can take a lot, but once they get riled then the fighting becomes very bitter.

Do you really think that the people have kept their sense, and ability to revolt ? Good for you, it leaves some hope. As for myself, I don't.

General De Gaulle was right. Speaking about the french people he says : "The french are... veals". I know, not very nice, but so true.

People are passive, with a liquefied brain.

Panem et circenses.

Why they made a revolution in 1789 ? Because no bread... But today ? Even with a very deep crisis, they will keep their pint of beer, some KFC or McDonald, and some TV show or football matches... Largely enough to keep them quiet.

Time to be tough.

people with a british passport should come number 1,2,3,4 and 5

Pint of IPA is down to 99 pence...and could go lower .......wot do you want FREE Beer...maybe tomorrow... :o

Pint of IPA is down to 99 pence...and could go lower .......wot do you want FREE Beer...maybe tomorrow... :o

They should pay you to drink IPA :D

I'm mostly pissed about the bailout. It was paraded before us just like the Iraq war with the government saying we had to rush to action or the end of the world was neigh. Well the thing passed and what happens? Bankers redecorated their offices and gave themselves bonuses. That was the biggest scam of a lifetime and I have to unwillingly pay for it. All that will happen at the end of this is the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. CEOs and bankers are not suffering just the chumpy office bots like I used to be. It's amazing the people who made this problem with their greed and incompetence are being richly rewarded. However personally I like watching Wall Street crash and hope it goes lower because corporations deserve to be making less. I doubt a revolution is coming but if the big guy might suffer just a little bit it will be worth it though I doubt they will suffer as long as we keep throwing them a bone and enabling this crap. I do think the economic collapse is real but a bunch of opportunist vultures seized on it as a means to widen the economic divide as they pout that they can't get 5 million bonuses every quarter and need more billions to keep the scam going.

So, that's it. I've now reached the point where I am ready to join up.

Bring on the revolution. I have had enough of

so now I am in the Kill The Responsible phase.

Really, I am very angry about this.

You know it is amazing as you read & talk with others how many are reaching a boiling point. It is also obvious the governments are also hearing these things.

There is much talk of troops being called home & told they will be asked to help.

Who knows for sure which way it is really going.

But like you so many are so mad. The best thing the govt can do is keep the confusion going because if folks ever get a clear cut direction from where this all sprang............. :o I swear if anyone says Let them eat cake they would be dismantled

Was this link form this site? I am not sure but it is similar in that folks were fed up at that time too.

http://www.historynet.com/the-bonus-army-w...-washington.htm

But I do not think a sword slap would do it this time. I think folks would be very hard to control this time around & they will not let themselves get to that tent city type point.

I'm mostly pissed about the bailout. It was paraded before us just like the Iraq war with the government saying we had to rush to action or the end of the world was neigh. Well the thing passed and what happens?

Exactly my beef from the start. I saw it & yelled & yelled &wrote mails. It failed the 1st time then our representation got scared into passing it.

That was the biggest scam of a lifetime and I have to unwillingly pay for it. All that will happen at the end of this is the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

See this is where I think your wrong. We do not have to pay it. By refusing to pay it we will in fact collapse/change the whole worthless system. Fiat currency is only backed by *our* promise/taxes/sweat.

It will not be painless but it will taste so much better than the alternative you give.

:o:D

That is pretty bad reading I will agree!

Hey how about this.......

Prime Minister Geir Haarde shocked the country on Friday when he said he would not seek re-election and called for a general election on May 9.

No Sheet Sherlock :D

Have you seen this?

Not sure about it as I just saw it & have not really read it yet

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2008/1230.html

Expats Brits are feeling this quicker than most brits with the Currency exchange. I think its starting to hit home slowly, My sister finds out wether she's got a Job still this week. Slowly but surely the pains comming. Granted it takes a lot to pull our Sick nation away from its Soccer , Bingo and Soap Opera's but be pulled away they will for sure. They'll need to pull the troops back , not a bad thing. After the Riots and Lynchings have subdued we'll have to start minding our own F***ing Business and develop some self interest and realise we are not a World Power anymore. A Bit of protectionism not unlike the Thais use wouldn't go a miss too.

Angry ? Me ? Too ******* Right.

Slowly but surely the pains comming. Granted it takes a lot to pull our Sick nation away from its Soccer ,

Angry ? Me ? Too ******* Right.

You know the best part of those 2 articles 12 drinks posted? For me it was reading the comments at the bottom. Click on View more & read some. Wow

The Iceland story was filled with folks saying this is what we need to stand up & tell Brown get out.

PS : Hey just so you dont think we have it easy here check this next week we have in store....

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/25/markets/su...ahead/index.htm

You'll have to spell it out to me Flying.

Its still early in the day and .......... we'll I'm Thick.

As for Brown, He's now spouting about a 'New World Order' AGAIN ! coming out of this. maybe he's Illuminazi as well. waste of good breathing Air. Where's that other useless Bar steward Prescott when we desperately need someone to despise. ;-)

You'll have to spell it out to me Flying.

Its still early in the day and .......... we'll I'm Thick.

As for Brown, He's now spouting about a 'New World Order' AGAIN ! coming out of this. maybe he's Illuminazi as well. waste of good breathing Air. Where's that other useless Bar steward Prescott when we desperately need someone to despise. ;-)

Sorry jubby

I meant at the bottom of the iceland story there were 126 comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...dit-crunch.html

When I clicked on view more I saw them all & most were complaints like this one... Similar to how the US takes too much from our govt & it takes something like Iceland for the folks to say enough is enough

I wish we could have daily protests and demonstrations and put our own useless mob of secret expenses quaffing political pigs out on the cobbles. Oh, dear God, how I wish the British people would get some stiffening in their spines and give the lions roar that I know they are capable of.

Old Olly Cromwell would have known how to handle a corrupt rump parliament like this bunch of miscreants. It burns me to think that the Chief Nincompoop gets to say when we can vote him and his crew out of office. And believe me Georgie Brown, you are going down in flames. In the last few local elections that have been held recently even the BNP were able to get a bigger vote than Labour. And how come the press don't have anything to say about that?

Thanks Flying. People are pissed aren't they.

Not sure the other 'party' would have done any better. Decent Politicians are rarer than Earthquakes in Blighty I'm afraid.