Work In Rayong Area

chwanee

If you mean working as a teacher in Rayong city, yes you should be able to find work. You could try ECC at the top end of the main road on the right - they are usually short of teachers. There is also an AUA branch in Rayong although I'm not sure where, and there is also a fairly new language school called 'Tutor' (I think) on the opposite side of the road to Rayong hospital. If you have a degree and TEFL you could also try the state schools.

For addresses and phone numbers of schools try www.ajarn.com

Good luck :o

I wonder if someone here know how the chances are to get a job

in this area?

Or if there is some god pages on the internet were i can look.

Thanks

Forget the internet

Without p*ssing on your plans.....chances are slim, if you are in the Ban Chang area, go drinking around the bars on strip as most of the farangs working in the area drink in those bars, you may or may not pick up some contacts who can put you onto something.....If you do this just remember dont get too pushy with people...

If you mean working as a teacher in Rayong city, yes you should be able to find work. You could try ECC at the top end of the main road on the right - they are usually short of teachers. There is also an AUA branch in Rayong although I'm not sure where, and there is also a fairly new language school called 'Tutor' (I think) on the opposite side of the road to Rayong hospital. If you have a degree and TEFL you could also try the state schools.

You don't need a TEFL, but you do need a bachelor's. PM me if you are interested in working at the biggest government school in Rayong province, Rayongwittayakom School. Lots of openings with work starting in May.

You don't need a TEFL, but you do need a bachelor's. PM me if you are interested in working at the biggest government school in Rayong province, Rayongwittayakom School. Lots of openings with work starting in May.

What kind of salary would you expect in a school like that? I don't have any plans to teach right now but maybe in the future.

What kind of salary would you expect in a school like that? I don't have any plans to teach right now but maybe in the future.

Dont remember seeing anything in the OP post about wanting to become an "English" teacher, he was asking about a "job"

Hey Rich - the Rayong MOE has a cap of 30,000 baht/month for government school teachers right now. In March, we will be petitioning to bump it up to 40,000. Teachers have 18 contact hours/week, and can leave when their classes are over for the day. We have a nice foreign teacher's lounge with UBC and a school canteen where 20 baht will get you a great meal.

Dont remember seeing anything in the OP post about wanting to become an "English" teacher, he was asking about a "job"

For Rayong, almost all of the jobs available to farangs are petrochemical/oil or teaching (automotive is dead right now). As I am responsible for hiring at the largest school in the province, I thought it was appropriate to post. The OP can respond if he has interest.

[

I thought it was appropriate to post.

I have a feeling Soutpeel was having a giggle Zap, as it was an appropriate post.

Moss

( Words in Bold are my emphasis )

[

I thought it was appropriate to post.

I have a feeling Soutpeel was having a giggle Zap, as it was an appropriate post.

Moss

( Words in Bold are my emphasis )

Moss....you are 100% correct was having a giggle...mostly due to people encouraging him to become an English teacher, without even asking about what qualifications he has, what experience etc etc....as it would appear he can be offered a job teaching "English" based on the fact he was able to write two conherent sentances in English on a web site...

• 2 weeks later...

Isnt teaching, timeshare and real eststae the only 3 profeesions that are available....apart from boiler rooms that have now gone underground even more so...Rayong dosnt have any timeshare opportunities, nor much of a real estste scene so teaching is the only option open....

Isnt teaching, timeshare and real eststae the only 3 profeesions that are available....apart from boiler rooms that have now gone underground even more so...Rayong dosnt have any timeshare opportunities, nor much of a real estste scene so teaching is the only option open....

Absolute rubbish....teaching is not the only option...think you will find the vast majority of Farangs working in the area are NOT English teachers, they are business owners, work in Maptuphut or are involved in offshore oil and gas...

/Mod Edit - personal information removed.

Edited by Jai Dee
personal information removed

Hi I have just sent my Resume and photo, I am interested in working as a teacher. My email is <snip>

I received this information from a friend who already works there,

Kind regards

Stephen Clarke

Edited by Lite Beer
personal information and email address removed in accordance with forum rules

Absolute rubbish....teaching is not the only option...think you will find the vast majority of Farangs working in the area are NOT English teachers, they are business owners, work in Maptuphut or are involved in offshore oil and gas...

Apart from owning a business, are the offshore workers recruited in Thailand or are they seconded from their Euro/U.S etc company.

Apart from owning a business, are the offshore workers recruited in Thailand or are they seconded from their Euro/U.S etc company.

Yes....but its nothing to do with what you know....its who you know

These days in the gulf of Thailand for a farang, if you arent already involved offshore, you wont be...