Super Concert For Nature & Life

sabaijai

Anyone heard anything about the concert in Khao Yai this coming Saturday night the 31st? Starts at 5pm and ends at 6am, featuring Pongthep, Caravan, Hammer, Keo Carabao and others, billed as the 13th annual Ngaan Mahakam Dontree Pheua Thammachat lae Cheewit (Super Concert for Nature & Life). At Ban Dong Ton, Tambon Moo See, Pak Chong.

I went several years in a row, but haven't been for the last 4 or 5 years. It's best if you've got a tent or accomodation nearby - you used to be able to pitch a tent onsite, but I think it's at a different location now so I don't know if that is still possible.

It's a great festival if you're into the music and there are activities for kids going on etc. But the long hours of drinking take their toll, and the reason I stopped going was that the last time I went, there were so many fights breaking out all over the place that you had to jump up every 10 minutes to get out of the way of the next battle. It's fine early on, then you get to a peak of trouble in the mid-late evening, and then everything calms down late on when the big names have done their thing and smaller bands are seeing the night out.

There was always a small stage too where some of the artists would have a go after a few drinks or just to do something different. Easy just to jump up for a few photos. As well as the big names, there are plenty of lesser known bands and the local Korat singers are always a big hit. It's a great way to meet people too. A couple of lads I met there one year have become friends and always look us up when they're in Bangkok

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Give us a report afterwards. If Carabao aren't playing, it'll help to reduce the more boisterous elements from the crowd.

My favourite live performers from this festival were ZuZu (top performance every time I went), Mongkol Utok, Ja Loy Henry, and one year Maleehuanna played a truly storming set (before their split).